• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo

Mckymousefn

DIS Veteran
I booked Hoop Dee Doo back when I hit my 180 days...today I went on My Disney Experience app to look to see if there was any earlier openings for the day we are going, but I can't even find it listed in restaurants & when I click on my ressie.....it doesn't have menu listed, hours or anything. It doesn't even show as a resturant at Fort Wilderness campground.

It is still open for operation.....correct?

I made my HDDR ADR 180 + 6 and I just checked, It appears correctly in my MDE list and I was able to go to book dining and it is there to book. I wonder if you have a computer problem?
At any rate, HDDR has been the subject of lots of speculation of late. They have not allowed booking of the 6:15 show for months, although 4 and 8:30 were bookable. Then it was bookable at all.
There is speculation, but nothing official, that it is undergoing some renovation.
Bottom Line, no one knows what is going on exactly.
If you have concerns, I would call and check on your ADR

We have an ADR for next Saturday the 27that HDDR~ our first night in Disney :banana:and my ADR is still showing on my MDE.

I also searched HDDR on the general dining MDE site and it came up.

The menu is shown in the Frontier-Style Family Fun description to the left of check availability:
"In between skits and song standards, chow down on buckets of all-you-care-to-enjoy fried chicken and smoked BBQ pork ribs, as well as a tossed green salad, baked beans, fresh-baked cornbread and strawberry shortcake."

Can't wait ~ this is one of only two restaurants my daughter requested we revisit from last year's trip:tink:princess:

I booked Hoop Dee Doo back when I hit my 180 days...today I went on My Disney Experience app to look to see if there was any earlier openings for the day we are going, but I can't even find it listed in restaurants & when I click on my ressie.....it doesn't have menu listed, hours or anything. It doesn't even show as a resturant at Fort Wilderness campground.

It is still open for operation.....correct?

While I can't offer any input, unfortunately you are not alone. My MDE has only shown my confirmation number for a while now. Heck it doesn't even say it's for Hoop De Doo anymore! Just a blank screen with my party names. Just out of curiosity when is your ressie? We are going Oct 1 @6:15, I also booked at my 180 mark.

The MDE on my iphone still shows my reservation if I click the "+" button at the bottom of screen then click the fork and spoon dining circle button

I cannot see my dining ADR's when i click "my reservations" on left drop screen but i think at one time dining was showing now its just showing my hotel and fastpasses

While I can't offer any input, unfortunately you are not alone. My MDE has only shown my confirmation number for a while now. Heck it doesn't even say it's for Hoop De Doo anymore! Just a blank screen with my party names. Just out of curiosity when is your ressie? We are going Oct 1 @6:15, I also booked at my 180 mark.
Nov. 19th at 8:30pm

Nope... doesn't show on phone but does on laptop... weird. Thank you!

Oh good that you can see it on your laptop!

I make a print out of all of my ADR's and FASTPASSES from MDE just in case there is a glitch in Disney's not so failsafe tech system.

Oh good that you can see it on your laptop!

I make a print out of all of my ADR's and FASTPASSES from MDE just in case there is a glitch in Disney's not so failsafe tech system.

I can see all my ressies on MDE but I was just checking to see if there was any earlier openings the day of our reservations, but on my phone it wouldn't show HDDR at all..... as a restaurant, menu, ect Weird that I doesn't show up on the app.

HDDR is suddenly showing tons of availability on MDE for mid-September. Not sure how far out it goes but if anyone is still looking for this, it seems to be back.

It is supposed to be a 180 ADR but if you go on right when they open and try to get it at the 180 day (in February now), nothing is available. I am really concerned that it is not going to be available for our winter trip. Trying to remain hopeful that it will end up opening up as Regan117 said it did for September....

Just as a quick update regarding what's available to book, I was able to change our reservation just yesterday for September 2nd from the first show to the second show, using MDE online (not the app). Category 1 for both shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter