Hoop Dee Doo?

My family love it. The chicken was great. I didn't love the ribs they were a little to "smokey" for my taste. The show was corny and fun.

HDDR is how we start our trip everytime. The show is wonderful for all ages and the foood is good, not gourmet, but good. DH loves the free beer !

Mrs. Disney Ron

We did it just last summer and it really was the highlight of the trip. We sat right infront of the stage and we could not stop laughing. The food was GREAT and it does not stop coming (unless you ask it to). The drinks were included and the sangria was surprisingly good. My wife and I travel to Spain, she lived in Spain, and she even makes her own sangria so if she said it was good sangria, rest assured, it was good sangria. The jokes were corny, but they were "typical Disney" corny. We all had a good time and I would definatly do it again!

You might get in a 9:30 show, but you'll need to call or check at concierge that morning. And how is that not planning?

It's not planning because I wouldn't be making ADR's prior to our trip. I'd most likely be calling the same day we wanted to go.

I woudl be careful not making ADRs if you really want to go to this. I tried to get HDDR and was not able to get it that night I wanted in January! I could get in at the 9:30 show but that was too late for our young family. January is not even a busy season. I did ask about other days and finally they found a date I could go.

But if you don't have your heart set on it then you won't be sad when they say they are full.

I woudl be careful not making ADRs if you really want to go to this. I tried to get HDDR and was not able to get it that night I wanted in January! I could get in at the 9:30 shoe but that was too late for our young family. January is not even a busy season. I did ask about other days and finally they found a date I could go.

But if you don't have your heart set on it then you won't be sad when they say they are full.

That's what I pretty much figured, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks! :dance3:

How is third tier seating? That is where we are for going in September and we are first timers.

Its OK seating. It basically depends on where they put you as to the view. Its usually from the balcony and your looking over watching it, not much interaction w/ the cast up there.

LOVE it!!!!:love: This is a must-do for us on every trip. After being in the hot sun touring parks all day, it is paradise to sit in A/C and have food and drink brought to you immediately.:drinking1 Our kids loved the show; it's so funny to see them belly laugh.:rotfl2: The food, beer, and sangria was hearty and plentiful; it was DH's favorite meal of our trip.:thumbsup2 We always smuggle some fried chicken home and eat it cold as a snack before bed that night!popcorn:: I have seen the show several times and I still laugh at the same corny jokes.:lmao:

We loved it!!! It's the only "must do" on our list for next trip! My DS laughed so much his ribs hurt by the time it was all over. Lets put it this way....DH and I went to a local dinner theatre and at the end, DH said "it was really good but it's no Hoop-Dee-Doo".....

i irst went to see it in 1999 and i go to d isney about1-3x's a year and I go to the Hoopty-Do- Revue EVERYTIME i go to disney i go the first day i arrive at disney..its somewhat a tradition for me i guess. I'm 25...the show is corny but Great the food is ok the ambiance is great and the way the actors gets everybody involved is GEREAT...i consider it a MUST.

We don't like sticking to a schedule. What are the chance of getting in without ADR's?

We went last March (busiest week)- and didn't have an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo. We made a ressie the night before at our resort concierge counter and ended up with a front row table.
That also happened to us at the Spirit of Aloha show. We ended up right in front- without paying extra for the seats.
It's been our experience that people can't make their ressies and back out at the last minute- or within that 48 hr window to save their $- and then the seats open up.
So if you can't get a ressie now- don't lose hope- just leave some wiggle room in your schedule and talk to your concierge when you get there. You might get lucky!
Also- if you want better seats for dinner shows- ask for 2 2-tops instead of a table for 4. You can usually get them right next to each other and you end up with better seats. The 2-tops don't sell out as quickly as the bigger tables.
-Sarah
:thumbsup2

Yes it's corny, but fun too! My 14 month old nephew was TOTALLY ENTHRALLED by the performers ... it was the best meal of our trip in that we didn't have to worry about keeping him entertained for a minute.

As for the five adults in our group ... we enjoyed HDDR but preferred Spirit of Aloha.

I'm glad to hear you liked Spirit of Aloha as well. My younger sister (22yrs) really wants Hoop Dee Doo but my older sister (30yrs) really wanted Spirit of Aloha. Since I just couldn't decide on either, I decided to use the extra credits and reserve both. It should make for a great Disney trip!:yay:

I'm glad to hear you liked Spirit of Aloha as well. My younger sister (22yrs) really wants Hoop Dee Doo but my older sister (30yrs) really wanted Spirit of Aloha. Since I just couldn't decide on either, I decided to use the extra credits and reserve both. It should make for a great Disney trip!:yay:

We did both dinners on our last trip and loved them both! :banana: The fire dancing was awesome! If your sister likes buff bodies- she'll love the Aloha show! It was definitely eye candy!:love:
-Sarah

Since I just couldn't decide on either, I decided to use the extra credits and reserve both. It should make for a great Disney trip!:yay:

Good plan :thumbsup2

I'll bet all of you will enjoy both ... two totally different experiences but both a good time.

It's been a must do for every trip since our first experience with it. It's alot of fun and even our older dd's enjoy it. :)

Love love love Hoop Dee Doo. Not a bad seat in the house, the show is corny and perfectly Disney, the food is good, and I love that you feel like you're a part of the experience, and not just sitting "outside looking in". DO IT!

I just wanted to add that I mentioned Hoop-Dee-Doo to my DH last night, as we are planning our upcoming Nov. trip. He said- "We have to do Hoop-Dee-Doo! They have the best food!" I guess I can't skip it this trip!:woohoo:
So even those DH's love the show!
-Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter