Hoop-dee-doo

maryhenry

Earning My Ears
Just back from WDW - and I had my 5th visit to HDDR. I LOVE this show, and so do my kids and husband. The first time I attended, probably 15 years ago, I was selected to be the can can dancer in the grand finale. I guess that means I was young and cute then! My kids just love hearing about that! The HDDR is always fun and I never get tired of watching it. It is amazing to me that they put on as many shows as they do - I love considering the logistics of it. It is well worth the price! I will say that it really doesn't matter where you sit. Interestingly enough, the premium seats take up almost the entire Pioneer Hall. I have sat all over the place through the years, and you can see the show equally well all over.

The food is really good. Fried Chicken and ribs, cornbread, and beans all served family style. DS 1.5 loved the cornbread. Strawberry shortcake for dessert. Price includes beer and sangria and sodas.

We will be going for our third time in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to it! :thumbsup2 I even like the food!

Jill

My family and I are going for the first time in July. We have been to WDW 9 or 10 times and just never thought about it. This time, I made reservations back in January. From what I have read, the kids will love it!

The food is really good. Fried Chicken and ribs, cornbread, and beans all served family style. DS 1.5 loved the cornbread. Strawberry shortcake for dessert. Price includes beer and sangria and sodas.

Thanks for the feedback, it is something we are considering for February to have as a surprise booking to celebrate DS's 11th birthday. The food sounds ideal for him as although he has a good appetite he prefers 'kids' type food but will obviously be classed as an adult. Thanks again. :goodvibes

I love this show!!! I desperately want to be the can can girl!!! They never pick me. :sad1: The last time we went, we had awesome seats, front and to the left. It was great and the older guy in the show did a special little dance for me! It was almost as great as being picked for the show. My DD was terrified they would pick her for something and now refuses to go. She doesn't know about our trip in September, but I would probably traumatize her if I made her go.
The only thing I would suggest is taking a sweater. It was pretty cold in there.

Just wanted to chime in we went about 2 weeks ago and LOVED the HDDR. It myself, hubby and DD4 and DD5. My girls kept laughing throughout the show and so did my Hubby. I was afraid he wouldnt like it. Boy was I surprised! Our server brought out mac & cheese just in case the girls didnt like the chicken & ribs. We were on the DDP and were considered tier 2 seating. We sat on the floor in the back but out table was higher than the tier 1 seating so our seats were better than the people in tier 1 in the back. When we go again I am going to try and get the same seats.

Enjoy!:rotfl:
PS I saw another poster said something about bringing a sweater, I second that.

I just got back from WDW and went to the HDDR as well. I loved the show, so did my 4 and 7 yr olds. The food was ok, except for the ribs, which I didn't think were very good. They were very nice to offer different food for my kids too.

I'm jumping in with a question??
We are 4 days away of our 180 days ADR's. We will be on the dinning plan. What Cat do you suggest??
Many thanks
Kim

I believe when you are on the dining plan you are only offered Cat 2 seating at the 5 and 7:15 show. Cat 1 is offered at the 9:30 pm seating. I really think all seats are good there. You can ask about the seats we had. Cat 2 in the back where the tables are higher than the rest on the floor. I wish I knew how to post pictures here I have some good ones with our view. If anyone wants to see them they can PM me their email address and I will email them over to you.

Yahoo Hoop Dee Doo!

The food, which is what this forum is about, was horrible. Fatty, cold and served in a bucket. It was terrible.

The show...how corny can you get? If you love NASCAR you might like it. Otherwise rent some old Hew Haw TV shows and you can get the same lame jokes!

The food, which is what this forum is about, was horrible. Fatty, cold and served in a bucket. It was terrible.

The show...how corny can you get? If you love NASCAR you might like it. Otherwise rent some old Hew Haw TV shows and you can get the same lame jokes!

Wow, that's a bit harsh, don't you think?? Esp. since the OP wasn't looking for opinions but simply giving their own review. Geez!

As far as being so "awful" I guess that's why it continues to sell out more than 6 months in advance, year after year.:confused3

-----------

To the OP!! Glad you had a nice time. We're going again this year (12 years since we last went!...but I don't want to be a can-can girl...:scared: ) and it'll be the first time for the kids. They can't wait!

Thanks for the review. We are finally giving it a try in a few weeks.

My wife appreciates the sweater tip (she is cold natured) - we will be there for our first time in a little over a week!

Four times and counting...and apparently the one review that said it was "awful" and "corny" didnt read what the show was about before hand. The food is very good, some of the best fried chicken and baked beans around. My wife and 2 boys (4, 6) absolutely loved it! My kids belly laughed throughout.
As far as seating, i agree there isnt a bad seat in the house. I actually prefer getting upper level, i believe its Cat 2, along side the stage. You can see everything on stage and all the show interactions throughout the Hall.

We go to the HDDR every year- my boys first time the twins were 11 months and giggled (though they had no clue why) and my youngest's first trip he was about 7 months old and loved the noise/music. My boys are 6 & 5 now and can't wait till January to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter