• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo

mdevries

Earning My Ears
I have two different reservations for the Hoop Dee Doo. How do they assign the seating? One reservation I made about 3 weeks ago and one reservation I made today. Will I have a seat closer to the front with original reservation? My son will be celebrating his birthday on that day and I want him to have as much fun as possible. Does it matter whether you're up front or not? So many questions . . .

they assign seating according to when the reservation was made. as far as your son having a fun time, there is part of the performance where birthdays, anniversaries, etc are recognized. the performers are in all parts of pioneer hall~both upstairs and downstairs. when they asked if anyone is celebrating, be sure to have him(or you)raise his hand. happy birthday to your son!!! have a great time! :wave:

I have to ask...are they reservations for the same show?? If so, did you really pay twice for the same night?
Anyway...I have heard varying reports on how they assign seating...when you originally book the reservation, when you pick up your tickets at your resort and finally, when you show up at the podium that night. I booked for our first HDDR about 9 months out, however, Hurricane Charley shut FW down until the day after our showdate. So, we had to rebook, for a different show about 5 days later. We ended up in the balcony, on the side. Not bad seats...just not where I had hoped to be. We were, also, the second party to check in. We also didn't get our tickets until 2 days before the night of the show.
When we did the Luau show at the Polynesian, we booked about 2 months ahead of time. We picked our tickets up the day we checked in (about 5 nights before the show date), and we were about 4th in line at the podium that night. We ended up with a table dead center, and one table back from the front of the dining area..very good seats.
So...to answer your original question...I don't think anyone knows, for sure, how the seating is really done. I would plan to get your tickets asap, and then show up at the podium as early as you can.

We did the HDDR last year (hadn't done it in a while and will say that it was exactly the same but my DS loves it!!!). I made the reservations very early (about 8 months or so) and picked the tickets up at the resort the day we arrived. Our table was right up front. This sounds like it would be fun but honestly, we were a party of six and sat to the side. Some of the party couldn't see the complete stage for the props in the way. And some of us were actually seated with our backs to the stage so we had to kind of turn around. I wouldn't worry about getting to close!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter