Hoop Dee Doo -- Yay or nay?

Momonthego4all

Earning My Ears
I've heard this is a "must do" I am going with kids ages 3 & 7. I saw the menu and wasn't thrilled, but wanted to get some ideas. Everyone I talk to says it is the best.

Any opinions?

It was a fun show and the food was good! Not sure I would say it is a must-see, because I thought it was pricy. But maybe you are using meal credits?

My family (me, DH, grandmom age 80, aunt age 60, and baby age 2) saw it last year. I'd give it a 9 out of 10. The table next to us had two sets of twins (TWO!) ages 5 and 7, and those girls LOVED it.

Hi:

We loved the show the two times our family has gone. Our neices were 6 & 7 the first time and 7 & 8 the second time. They also enjoyed the show... If your family does NOT care for Country slapstick corny humor then it may not be for you. There are quite a few other threads on this board with a wide variety of reviews. Take the time to find/read them and see what you think. It is not cheap but it was worth it for us.

Enjoy your trip,

Mark

oh, I hope it's great! I've never been before but my fiance and I and our families are going in september as a "welcome dinner" of sorts.. we'll have two little ones with us... one is 7 the other 5, both boys, I think they'll love it! :goodvibes

We went for the first time last Aug..we loved it!!! We aren't going to go on our June trip, trying SOA dinner instead, but plan on going again in Dec. 08. The strawberry shortcake and cornbread were great!!! I think kids will love this show..definetly worth the price, even if you only go once! :thumbsup2

DH, DS-9 and I went last summer. DH said I owed him big time for dragging him to see such a hokey show! We sat in the second sets of table from the front which DH didn't like at all since he doesn't like any attention...one of the ladies came down and sang to him, hehehe!

DS really enjoyed it, I would think most kids will love it. DH thought it was hokey, some parts he did laugh. I enjoyed it and glad I went but would not go again.

DH felt that the food was okay, while DS and I really enjoyed all of it. They do give a LOT of food, we only got through half of what they gave us including the two pans of strawberry shortcake!

If you do go, the only reason they tell you to get there a half hour early is so that you can get your picture taken. We did not, instead we walked around near the lake and checked out the store. Seats are all pre-assigned.

Whether of not it's worth the cost is really an individual opinion. Seems like more people love this show than not.

I give it a YAY! :thumbsup2

When we go in July, it will be our 3rd or 4th time seeing it. We just love it. Sure, some of the humor is corny, but I still laugh at it every time. The food is heavenly and kids adore it. I say go for it!

Your 7 year old will laugh and have fun, your 3 year old will probably like the singing and activity even if they don't 'get' the jokes or storyline.

The food is pretty good. We've seen it three times, twice it was great and once not so great as we were seated right at the back and the kids couldn't see. (too many servers walking back and forth between us and the stage)

It's a must do every other trip for our family of 5. We love the cheesy jokes and the singing. The food is average, but it's more about the show than the food. I highly recommend it, at least once.

My family loves it! We've been on every trip except our last one. We didn't go because of time constraints. And believe me, we all felt like a little something was missing from our trip. It's a great, family friendly show and the food is great. Delicious fried chicken and ribs :thumbsup2

It's a "been there, done that" for us and if I don't return anytime soon (or later), I won't be sorry. It definitely is not a must do for our family.

I thought it was overpriced for what "food" we received, we got poor service and the show was as someone's hubby stated, pretty Hokey!

I felt like our server neglected us during most of the meal -- because afterall, gratuity is included, and then they were in such a hurry for us to leave to they could set up for the next group that I felt like we just warmed up the seats for the next group.

Honestly, it is something you'll need to decide for yourself -- you know your own family best. But if it's a cost-factor, then don't stress over missing the show. It's been there for years, it'll probably be there for many years more.

Good luck with your decision whatever it may be.

We've been 3 or 4 times because the kids keep requesting it. I enjoy the show a lot but having gone so much I could skip a few years in between, you know?

Anyway, you don't really "go for the food." The food is fine, but the focus here is on the show and the food is secondary and comparable to what any true dinner show can produce (which is something that must be edible and easy to serve and eat while a show is going on).

You have to remeber that you are not just paying for food, you are also paying for the entertainment. How much is dinner theatre in your area? We go every trip, due to the insistence of my DDs 17,12, and 8. We have gone every year since the oldest was 5 . They love it and eventhough we have seen it so many times that we could problably act the parts we still have to go!

We took dd last year when she was 3.5. She loved the show. We all had a great time. It is a hokey show, but that's the point. Food was ok, after a couple glasses of sangria, the food was much better ;). The servers are busy but we never felt neglected. I can't imagine anyone going and not laughing. Your kids will love the washboard "music" and the presentation of the dessert is very unique.

Love, saw it w/ my 3 and 5 yr olds then a yr later went back w/ the family and inlaws. We all loved it. Food is good, kids can order pretty much anything (the server will give you choices if you ask).

Again...LOVE IT!

I admit we have never gone with the kids, but we were disappointed. It is so highly thought of, but nothing special for us(especially for price-not even worth 2 meals of free dining). Maybe we will try it again someday for kids but right now 4 yr old hates loud noises so we can skip it this year.
Food is not the greatest, drinks are not the greatest, show is bad(younger kids may like it but not for teens or adults). I think you just have to try it to know if its for your family or not.

yay:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We absolutely love it. I love the food and the show!!! :thumbsup2

Have seen it many times and now we try to go at least every 2nd or 3rd trip.
It's a hoot....or should I say HOOP-DEE-DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter