Hoop Dee Doo... worth it?

It's definitely an experience to be tried at least once. I loved the fried chicken but agree that the sangria was really bad.

We love the Hoop Dee Doo! Love the down home "cookin" and the show, while to some degree corny, is especially fun! Others are correct that the first glass of Sangria is nasty. Just gulp that one down like you're taking Nyquil, and the following refills are MUCH better. :P

The show is fun. The food is not gourmet, but it is pretty good. When we went last month the service was pretty good - our drinks never had a chance to get empty. The price is high, but for a decent meal, with a couple of drinks tax and tip included in the price and a show as well it seemed worthwhile to us.

It's worth doing at least once... we have done it twice... 2007 and 2014. In 2014 even though I was watching a show.. I felt very rushed... it didn't help that our server kept slamming our stuff down on the table.... We did the 4pm show... so they had to keep things moving for the next show..

After the show they had buses right there that were designated to zones to take us straight to our hotel which was great, especially since we were the first stop!

Where were the buses located? Just wonder if you meant back at MK after getting off the boat or if they take you straight from Ft. Wilderness to resorts. We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ and I don't remember there being buses at the Ft. Considering HDDR this trip.

Where were the buses located? Just wonder if you meant back at MK after getting off the boat or if they take you straight from Ft. Wilderness to resorts. We did Mickey's Backyard BBQ and I don't remember there being buses at the Ft. Considering HDDR this trip.

When we did HDDR, the buses were right near Pioneer Hall (HDDR) at Fort Wilderness. There was no need to boat over to MK for a bus back to our resort.

We really enjoyed Hoop de Doo, it was a wonderful experience and we also loved the food. It is comfort food. So to us, yes it is worth the experience.

We now enjoy going to Trails End restaurant which is right next door. It has the same food that is served at Hoop de Doo plus a little more because it is a buffet.

So If you are interested in a funny western song and dance show with comfort food. Go for it.

Unless your family really gets a kick out of the corny Hee Haw type jokes, I would suggest Trail's End Dinner Buffet instead. No, it's not a show, but the food is great, and it won't set you back quite so much.

Haven't gone in years, our kids truly enjoyed it. I would like to go again but need to rent a couple of kids to go (for us seems silly for just the two of us). You are paying for the show and the experience. If you are budget minded and are trying find value in spending a lot for Fried Chicken then don't go. If you go for the silliness of it all go for it.

... it didn't help that our server kept slamming our stuff down on the table....

That is a tradition. The servers always slam the buckets on the table. Hurts my ears like crazy as do the 100 spoons raking across the washboards at the end :scared:

No right at HDDR. We took bus from hotel to MK and then the boat. Took longer than we thought due to sharing with WL, the docking in and out was long. We got there about 15 ahead of dinner and checked in. We figured we might take boat back since MK still open or bus to front of Campground then taxi. But they had buses right at the restaurant. I think 4 zones so POP CBR EPCOT resorts were on same bus. Was great!

That is a tradition. The servers always slam the buckets on the table. Hurts my ears like crazy as do the 100 spoons raking across the washboards at the end :scared:

Oh yeah - hated that and found unnecessary. My DS was upset by it so we threw stuff on our plates to stop them. She put on table for remaining. I have a hard enough time with metal plates, then that. Yikes!

We get there at least every couple years and love it. Personally I think the food is good even the sangria. And we always pay for the main floor as close to stage as possible to interact with the performers. The show is silly but the kids love it. Well worth it to us.

We're going to camp at Ft. Wilderness in late April & are considering Hoop Dee Doo one night. We're not on the dining plan, so shelling out $235+ for all 4 of us to eat is kind of painful! I just wondered who has been & if you think it's worth the price. TIA!
ABSOLUTELY worth it!! Especially if you do what we do and get seats right up front at the stage. The show is very funny and engaging. The jokes are bad but funny. The food is good old fashioned comfort food. Also they did accept ( you would have to check if they still do) the TIW card.

We were a party of 8 at the show last month. My first time and truly enjoyed it. $60 may sound like a lot, but the drinks (included), food, and the (yes) corny show was worth that price.
It is about memories. I am glad I did that. May or may not again, simply due to million of other things you can do at Disney, but I would advocate trying it at least once.

We do it about every other year. DD (now 12) always requests it. First time she went she was 6 and loved it. I always think it will get old but we laugh at all the corny jokes and songs. Food is ok. I try to save room for dessert but usually can only take a bite or 2. We went this year at Thanksgiving and it was fun to see the decorations and they sang Christmas Carols. They did a lot of Frozen jokes which the kids loved.

We've always had wonderful wait staff. The table beside us this year had a horrific waitress. To the point we finally said something to our waiter about her behavior because it was annoying us. A manager came and talked to the family and they seemed happy with whatever the outcome was. Just sad that they had to endure someone who apparently was having a really bad day. DH joked with the family that maybe the waitress thought she was working at Whispering Canyon.

Sad to hear about the Sangria. I had it in Nov and it was better than I remembered.

We do it about every other year. DD (now 12) always requests it. First time she went she was 6 and loved it. I always think it will get old but we laugh at all the corny jokes and songs. Food is ok. I try to save room for dessert but usually can only take a bite or 2. We went this year at Thanksgiving and it was fun to see the decorations and they sang Christmas Carols. They did a lot of Frozen jokes which the kids loved.

My daughter still cracks up when she remembers how they razzed Frozen. Her favorite parts. She really really enjoyed HDDR.

We have done this twice, in 2004 and 2013, once paying for it and the other on DDP. The first time our first son was 4 and he loved it. The second time our second son was 6 and he laughed the whole time. As others have said, the food is good, not gourmet but good. Both times service was quite good, in fact, we had the same waiter both times. As for the cost, yeah it hurts to pay that much, but we have paid similar price for character meal at Chef Mickey's and that food is below mediocre at best. HDDR is not something we do every trip, but its one of the splurges we try to do one of each trip.

Sorry to hear the sangria was bad - what are the other drink options? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter