• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo..worth it?

sters

<font color=red>Enjoys visiting resorts at WDW<br>
Just wondering if upgrading the tickets to Category 1 was worth the price differential? Opinions, please. We are a family of 5 with kids ages 10-13.

We opted for category 1 and glad we did. Unobstructed view and our son even got pulled into the show when the performers came out into the audience.

Definately!!! We had so much fun with dd8 and they kept putting the spotlight on our table and teasing us! :lmao:

Are the Category 2 seats unobstructed as well?

Love Hoop Dee Doo! I always do Cat. 1, so I can't report on 2 and 3. I would spend the extra for 1.

Yes, I think it's worth it. We were in the second row of tables from the stage and our table was right in the center. We could see EVERYTHING on stage. It's a much more interactive experience than sitting in the back of the room or on the second level...

We loved it last year when we saw it. We were Cat 2 and it was fine!!

we were cat 2 last year, I don't think we missed anything. I believe the performers even used a chair next to us.

i believe we sat cat 3 in sept. It was 2nd level center stage right behind the spot light operator.....we LOVED our seats, the show characters came up to us and spent plenty of time talking to DS. We didnt feel crowded our server was great. If we could request that table everytime we would.

I personally don't think there is too much of a difference in where you sit. The characters make their way up to Cat 2 and 3 to interact. I have sat in all 3 Categories and it really isn't too different. It isn't a huge theater where the cheaper catagory is a mile from the stage or anything like that.

With that being said, Cat 1 is worth sitting in at least once, especially if you have kids.

what a priceless memory and I have to ask what kind of food do they serve

Salad, bread, fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, beans, and amazing strawberry shortcake. Most of it is all-you-can-eat, but they move pretty quickly between the courses, so you don't get much time to ask for seconds. I really enjoyed the food when I went a few years back, but the price you pay is mostly for the show, not the food.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you like wine or sangria (and maybe bud light?) that's included in the price as well.

Yes, we loved it! My sons were 14 and 16 had a great time. We had cat. 1 and I thought it was worth the money.

Glad to hear a few comments about the Tier 3 seats. . . I was thinking about booking a dinner here. . .

I personally like the idea of not being in the middle of all the action and. . .
I'm also secretly hoping NOT to be singled out for interaction. . .:eek:

Will we be relatively safe in Tier 3 from that standpoint?

All three tiers are fine.. like a PP I kind of like being out of the craziness of the main floor sometimes. Tier 1 is really cool though, we got a table right against the stage one time and it was a TON of fun. Honestly, I think the only tier I would avoid is 2.

We have gone 4 times, and have had seats in various places. No problem seeing from any. My son was in the show twice! We won't be going this year because we are going on a cruise. I really wish we were, but we only have 5 nights at the resort, so we opted out.pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter