Hoop Dee Doo Revue Categories

fishing gal

Earning My Ears
My family is visiting WDW in November. We are seriously thinking of going to Hoop Dee Doo Revue. There are 15 of us and I can't decide if it is worth it to pay more for category 1 seats. We have the option of cat. 1 or 2 and cat. 1 is $100 more total. Any opinions? We are okay not being in the center of the action, but we do want to be able to see well.

Thanks!

For the late show, it will end up costing less for the better seats as I recall. We were on the dining plan, but we always like the late shows for the dinner shows, it just seems that you get a better show that way.

Hddr is amazing! Fantastic choice!

Category 2 is still on the floor and you should still have a good view, however you can't beat category 1! We love being in the centre of the action, and you get a fantastic view. I would say it is worth the extra $100, especially if it is your first time. You feel far more involved and that is the best part of the show!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My family is visiting WDW in November. We are seriously thinking of going to Hoop Dee Doo Revue. There are 15 of us and I can't decide if it is worth it to pay more for category 1 seats. We have the option of cat. 1 or 2 and cat. 1 is $100 more total. Any opinions? We are okay not being in the center of the action, but we do want to be able to see well.

Thanks!

We were just at Hoop dee doo this week. Cute show for all ages. We had category 1 seats and were pretty much front and center, great seats....however as I looked around it looked to me that where ever you sat you would have a decent seat. Pioneer hall is not huge and the performers will come out to all areas of the audience to interact. I would say get cat 2 (or 3). If we go again I will not spend extra for cat. 1.

I have sat in cat 3 and the view is still awesome, only difference is you won't feel "part" of the show however for our first time still great! I would consider cat 2 but probably wouldn't feel compelled to pay for cat1. :)

Distribution of tables and categories.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor from stage thru row-8, and are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row-9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four tables left and right wings main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way
. . . most Cat-3 tables require you to turn around or crank your neck to see

I did this show for the 1st time in September and absolutely loved it! I went with a family who goes every year as a tradition. We were in Cat 2 seating and I thought we had a wonderful spot! We were one of those higher tables when you first walk in the doors. The table was a bit higher than the rest so our viewing was perfect! This year when we go in November, we chose cat 2 for the 6:15 show since we are on the dining plan. If we went to the later show we def would choose cat 1 seating. Someday I will choose cat 1... I think it would be great to be in the center of it all. :thumbsup2

We have done this show quite a few times over the years and have sat everyone from the balcony to front and center - really there are no bad seats!! You can see the show everywhere as Pioneer Hall is small.

We did Hoop Dee Doo for the first time last November and we got Cat. 1 seats. Our table was literally right up against the front of the stage and my seat was right next to the piano. (I was so close to the piano that I could have turned my chair backwards and helped play the low notes.) This was not really ideal. I wish we had saved a few bucks and sat in the back of the room. Excepting the very front row, the cat. 1 seats are great but it looked to me like the view from most tables would be good. When we go back (we loved the show!) we will go with cat. 2.

I was on the dining plan this past August and DBF and I say category 3- the balcony seats. They swivel around so we could see everything just fine. I thought they did a great job including us as well. In fact my BF was picked to be in the show and we loved it. My opinion is sit down below if money is not a concern. But if you're doing the dining plan or just want to enjoy the show for less the balcony seating in cat 3 is great too.

Distribution of tables and categories.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor from stage thru row-8, and are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row-9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four tables left and right wings main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way
. . . most Cat-3 tables require you to turn around or crank your neck to see

Thanks so much this is very helpful!

I would like to confirm that for those on the Disney dining plan, category 1 seating is available for no extra charge for the 8:30pm seating. This is well worth it!

Just a warning that some CMs seem to be unaware of this. We called to make reservations and twice were told that we could not get category 1 seating for the 8:30pm show- only category two and three. I emailed Disney and they said this was wrong. We called back and another CM upgraded no questions asked. Odd!

Category one is fantastic, so if you are on the DDP be sure to go to the 8:30pm seating!

I'd personally go with Cat 3, since I've seen the show before, and would be paying OOP. If they are not a full house, they will move everyone up accordingly. So, let's say the show is half full, everyone from Cat 3 gets moved downstairs into Cat 2 or 1. The servers aren't going to climb the stairs to bring food when the hall is not full, that wouldn't make any sense. If you haven't seen the show yet, I'd say go with Cat 2 to gaurantee a better view than Cat 3.

I would think most early shows during the week wouldn't be as busy as weekend shows, or later shows.

When we went, we were front and center, it made it hard to eat while they were doing their show. I would have preferred being back into the middle of the room, or upstairs.

We did Hoop Dee Doo for the first time last November and we got Cat. 1 seats. Our table was literally right up against the front of the stage and my seat was right next to the piano. (I was so close to the piano that I could have turned my chair backwards and helped play the low notes.) This was not really ideal. I wish we had saved a few bucks and sat in the back of the room. Excepting the very front row, the cat. 1 seats are great but it looked to me like the view from most tables would be good. When we go back (we loved the show!) we will go with cat. 2.

I TOTALLY agree with this! We went for the first time in May 2012. We were a group of 5, 3 adults, 1 teen, 1 child. My sister paid for this for all of us, and got category 1 seats, partly because we were worried Mom couldn't climb the stairs. Our table touched the stage, my left elbow literally could rest on the stage. My neck was KILLING me by the end of the show, since we had to look straight up to see the show.

Next time we will try Category 2, and if that's great, we'll then try Category 3.

I just booked category 2 for a night in September, I don't recall where the CM said we would be seating though! So looking forward to this show!

I have HDD booked for 10/23 at 8:30. Since cat. 2 is split into upper and lower sections I am getting worried. I had my TA make a note that my mom can't climb stairs. My sister just told me that she saw on another site that handicapped seating has to book Cat. 1, but it's not on the Disney website. After reading this post I sent an e-mail to my TA about being able to book Cat. 1 since it is an 8:30 show if it is available. If not, what do you think my chances are of being seated upstairs? Do you think they will be able honor our request? I would really hate to cancel this ADR because I don't know if my mom can eat there.

I have HDD booked for 10/23 at 8:30. Since cat. 2 is split into upper and lower sections I am getting worried. I had my TA make a note that my mom can't climb stairs. My sister just told me that she saw on another site that handicapped seating has to book Cat. 1, but it's not on the Disney website. After reading this post I sent an e-mail to my TA about being able to book Cat. 1 since it is an 8:30 show if it is available. If not, what do you think my chances are of being seated upstairs? Do you think they will be able honor our request? I would really hate to cancel this ADR because I don't know if my mom can eat there.

When we went to the 8:30 show (August) it was actually rather empty and no one was seated on the balcony- even category 3 was on the main floor. They may be able to accommodate you. Good luck, I hope everything works out!

And if you are on the DDP get your TA to try and upgrade you ASAP to category 1 seating- hopefully it will still be available!

We were told the last time we were there that the balcony is always clos3d for the late show. So, I think you should be fine. Of course, since we were on the dining plan we got Category 1 seats anyway since it was the late show, but still was interesting to note.

Also, we prefer the late show, because it seems they have a bit more fun with the show since they don't have to rush for the next show and there tends to be fewer little kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter