Hoop Dee Doo reservations opened up!!

I got an alert on my phone that a reservation was found using TP res finder. But within the few minutes it took for me to login, Stitch was on the screen saying the page had been eaten. :crazy2: I'll cross my fingers it will open soon and the quick window today is a sign of things to come!
Mine did the same thing but when I manually searched the website it pulled for me. Good luck!

Thanks I am delighted. It was your "tag", and a Touring Plans Reservation Finder alert that had me go check. It looks like it is shut down again.
Not good and very confusing.
Now to replan, as tomorrow is my FP+ day and I had that Wednesday planned around a 4 PM HDDR.
(Of course I need to fit a bit of work in here as well :fish:)
awesome, what great timing! with a day to replan lol. I would guess the extra time only helps not hurts!

So I just called them (again - called about a week or so ago also) and the CM said that they have had a big technical glitch with HDDR and should have November loaded soon. He said that the good news is that nobody is able to book is so there is still a lot of availability, however, they can't make the computers open up the reservations.
He had no clue when the reservations would be available for November.

So I just called them (again - called about a week or so ago also) and the CM said that they have had a big technical glitch with HDDR and should have November loaded soon. He said that the good news is that nobody is able to book is so there is still a lot of availability, however, they can't make the computers open up the reservations.

Thanks for the update on November. That's what I'm looking for, too. Hopefully it will open up soon...

Thanks for the update!

so all of that nonsense about floors and parital rehabs and running the show half empty while they are rehabbing the other side of the hall is BS. it was just a technical glitch. I bet the couple of times we've seen availability open up was RIGHT after some kind of a reboot of some server, lol. I figured it would be practically september (when the troubles started) before disney figured out that no one was booked into HDDR.

They have been slowly opening these up for the past week. Glad to see they're starting to open up for later dates for everyone!

so all of that nonsense about floors and parital rehabs and running the show half empty while they are rehabbing the other side of the hall is BS. it was just a technical glitch. I bet the couple of times we've seen availability open up was RIGHT after some kind of a reboot of some server, lol. I figured it would be practically september (when the troubles started) before disney figured out that no one was booked into HDDR.

Haha yeah....big glitch!! Hopefully they fix it soon.

I was able to get the 6:15 for 10/26!!!!!!! Only been trying for 4 1/2 months.

A question. I booked the 6:15 before I cancelled the 4:00 and that was booked using 2 DDP credits for Cat 2
But when I booked the 6:15 there wasn't an option to use points, only to charge in full to my credit card. I'm thinking since I hadn't cancelled yet, it believed (rightly I guess), that I didn't have points.
How can I get a credit card credit and change it to the DDP points, anyone know??
From my experience last year, I was told over the phone that I'd have to go to my resort concierge and they'd refund me the charge for the meal at HDDR. Then when you are there, you'll just let your server know you are using the DDP and they'll just scan your band as they normally do and take the credits. They couldn't refund me over the phone though, which I thought they'd easily be able to, but maybe you can call and find out if that is still the case. Happy you were finally able to score the 6:15 show! Enjoy!

This is so reassuring that people are booking into Feb! I want to book for 2/25, my ADR window opens this Friday so I hope it is available!

From my experience last year, I was told over the phone that I'd have to go to my resort concierge and they'd refund me the charge for the meal at HDDR. Then when you are there, you'll just let your server know you are using the DDP and they'll just scan your band as they normally do and take the credits. They couldn't refund me over the phone though, which I thought they'd easily be able to, but maybe you can call and find out if that is still the case. Happy you were finally able to score the 6:15 show! Enjoy!

An update to my question.
After cancelling the no longer needed 4:00PM Hoop show which was "holding" the 2 DDP credits/person, I called to ask to have those credits applied to my 6:15 ADR and credit my credit card. The Dining CM instantly said "I can't do that" and without even thinking I instantly said "Sure you can" in a cheerful voice. (I felt bad, I didn't mean to do that) Anyway upon looking up my ADR she said that the credit card was not charged at all and it showed the dining plan credits applied. So although she could see the cash charge she says it was never put through. I did check my bank statement today and indeed it has not been posted to my account and it is 2 days. I will keep an eye out for a bit to be sure. But it seems once I cancelled and freed the DDP credits they were automatically applied to the new ressie.

that's why i asked over at the campground board if someone would walk over & ask what was going on. I made dozens of phone calls to dining, and 2 out of all those calls mentioned renovations. the others said "fully booked try back later" no one would research this. now why do they finally KNOW its a glitch? why couldn't they mention this earlier? huh. well one answer i got before was, they are instructed to tell the guest calling. "call back later" no matter what the issue. i think that is pretty poor customer service..

that's why i asked over at the campground board if someone would walk over & ask what was going on. I made dozens of phone calls to dining, and 2 out of all those calls mentioned renovations. the others said "fully booked try back later" no one would research this. now why do they finally KNOW its a glitch? why couldn't they mention this earlier? huh. well one answer i got before was, they are instructed to tell the guest calling. "call back later" no matter what the issue. i think that is pretty poor customer service..

I know you did. And I also asked, on the Camping Board, months before you did with the same result. I at least had a CM tell me they could see what I described & there was no discernible reason in the system.

An update to my question.
After cancelling the no longer needed 4:00PM Hoop show which was "holding" the 2 DDP credits/person, I called to ask to have those credits applied to my 6:15 ADR and credit my credit card. The Dining CM instantly said "I can't do that" and without even thinking I instantly said "Sure you can" in a cheerful voice. (I felt bad, I didn't mean to do that) Anyway upon looking up my ADR she said that the credit card was not charged at all and it showed the dining plan credits applied. So although she could see the cash charge she says it was never put through. I did check my bank statement today and indeed it has not been posted to my account and it is 2 days. I will keep an eye out for a bit to be sure. But it seems once I cancelled and freed the DDP credits they were automatically applied to the new ressie.
That is so weird that your card wasn't charged right away, but that's great! I would definitely keep checking just in case, as you said. I still find it weird that the refund has to be done in person, but luckily you don't have to worry about that anymore.

That is so weird that your card wasn't charged right away, but that's great! I would definitely keep checking just in case, as you said. I still find it weird that the refund has to be done in person, but luckily you don't have to worry about that anymore.

I agree. I was really surprised that my card wasn't actualy charged as they seemed to indicate it would be. I am going to keep checking for a bit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter