Hoop-Dee-Doo or Spirit of Aloha?

themommy

DIS Veteran
I was hoping someone could help me out here. We went to Hoop-Dee-Doo last year and had a blast. DH has never been to The Spirit of Aloha dinner show but, I went around 9 years ago. I have an ADR for the luau but, I am second guessing myself after reading reviews. Can anyone sell me on one over the other? Thanks!
Lisa

Been to both and HDDR is a must do each trip, while the Luau is not- it wasn't anything special to us sp we never returned. Since you've been to HDDR before, I don't have to tell you how it great it is. But just the fact that it is a must do and can't miss it when we go speaks volumes!

We do two dinner shows per trip. SOA is every year for us. We change up HDDR and MBBBQ.

The like all the shows.

Clearly we all have different tastes and opinions! SoA is a must for me. Its a first night tradition. I love being outside and I really like the food. Ive been fortunate that it has never rained once when I have booked the show. Its always been a beautiful tropical night! Im from MA and usually have an early flight to MCO with 3 kids. It never goes smoothly, kids are cranky, Im cranky and on the first night, its nice to go to the show to relax. We can unwind with a little wine and it completely gets us in the Disney Spirit for the rest of our vacation :) HDDR to me is very corny. I dont like the food either. The BBQ is fun. Food OK at best, but at Disney, there is always another meal around the corner, so any place I dont stuff myself is good!! We usually do this towards the end of our trip as it gives me a nice opportunity to small talk with another family at our table. When youve basically not communicated with anyone other than your own family for over a week, its nice to say Hi to someone else. The days in between these two shows are all about having the best family vacation ever! :) I do go to HDDR to chance it up sometimes, but its really my least favorite.

I was hoping someone could help me out here. We went to Hoop-Dee-Doo last year and had a blast. DH has never been to The Spirit of Aloha dinner show but, I went around 9 years ago. I have an ADR for the luau but, I am second guessing myself after reading reviews. Can anyone sell me on one over the other? Thanks!
Lisa

We've never done HDDR, but have done SoA and we enjoyed it. It's not something we would do every trip, but it is a show we would go to again. We thought the food was good and while the show was a little cheesy in parts, it was a nice show overall, IMO.

We went to SoA and it was ok, but we wouldn't care to go back. I loved HDDR, and would definitely go back.

Thank you all for your replies! I will show DH this and maybe it will sway him one way or the other. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter