• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop-Dee-Doo - May 1, 2008 - With Pics

Davey-D-99

DIS Veteran
We just came back from our first ever WDW family vacation w/DDP.
We all had a great time!
What an absolutely fabulous time we all had at the HDD, a real honest to goodness HOOT!!... My kids (9 & 6) thought it was the best... They
loved all the singing, dancing, jokes and interaction. We were in the centre of the balcony and it was a perfect spot. The actors came to our table a couple times.
The food was definitely not fancy but is was really, really good and they even brought a special bucket of wings just for my DD. The ribs were perfect, chicken was crispy and juicy, and the strawberry shortcake dessert was incredible.
Loved the metal buckets and mason jar glasses...
Mom and Dad loved the beer and wine included in the price...(made the jokes funnier by the end) and I liked that tip was also included even with the DDP.
Here are some pictures and a video link.
HDD-7.jpg

HDD-5.jpg

HDD-1.jpg

HDD-4.jpg

HDD-2.jpg

HDD-3.jpg

HDD-6.jpg

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_tr8r54hb64

Thank you for the photos!! It's just not a Disney trip without some HDD fried chicken and Claire De Lune's laugh! :rotfl: I'm glad you had a great time!!

It's a good thing I am looking at these pictures after I have eaten lunch. Their chicken is soooo good. We saw HDDR in 2006 and enjoyed it so much we went back last year. I am glad that you had a good time.

We have done this many times. It is really a hoot!!! Loved it....We are not doing the hoop de for the first time this trip. Trying something new, the poly lua.....Hope it is just as much fun.

Glad you guys had a blast!!! It is truly a fun time for all. The last time we went we had way to much wine and my MIL rolled out of the bus :lmao: :lmao: Luckily she didn't get hurt. After we knew she was alright we :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Can't wait to go back:thumbsup2

I LOVE Hoop dee doo!!!!!!
I've been singing the opening song all week but since I cant' remember all the words it doesn't go so well. (I make up the rest)
Or I just sing O' my darling Clementine (dreadful sorry, Frankenstein)

S.

great review and thanks for the pics. Thinking about celebrating my DS birthday here next time.

Went their last year. Server was so slow it ruined my time there. She kept getting lost and would come out with two drinks at a time instead of a tray. I finally had to go complain, but by then I was so angry I didn't care.

Davey,

Looks like you were sitting on the second fllor, center, just above the light. If so, that's exactly where we were seated at the Hoop De Doo...great spot to be!

Okay does everyone get the same meal . do you get a choice, or can kids get just chicken or chicken nuggets . My kids don't like BBQ sauce or beans. what is the price for dinner here? How long is the show? Did you say you were upstairs or down?

Davey,

Looks like you were sitting on the second fllor, center, just above the light. If so, that's exactly where we were seated at the Hoop De Doo...great spot to be!

That's exactly where were!! Yes it was a great spot...I asked the server how we got such a choice location and he said it was usually based on the order of the reservations... I booked around the 180 day mark, so I guess that's how we got the centre seats.

Okay does everyone get the same meal . do you get a choice, or can kids get just chicken or chicken nuggets . My kids don't like BBQ sauce or beans. what is the price for dinner here? How long is the show? Did you say you were upstairs or down?

Yes, everyone gets a family style meal...Salad and bread, chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, baked beans, strawberry shortcake for dessert...there is no menu to order from. It was standard comfort BBQ food, but very good!!
My kids would not touch the beans either (I loved them). My daughter only liked the chicken wings, so they did bring her a special bucket of wings just for her.
I'm not sure what the actual cost is...we were on the DDP and used 2 TS credits for the show. Worth it for us, we loved it. I think you can only get the balcony seats when on the DDP, so that's where we were seated.

We ate there also! We loved it! OUr set was in the back by a support beam, which was not the best but we loved the show. Loved the food. The waiter was great to our kids.

I love your pictures! Sounds great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter