• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo for young kids?

paskitti

Earning My Ears
I have reservations for Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15, Category 1, on Thursday, October 3rd. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, so transportation is not an issue. The issue is that I have a 2 and 1/2 y. o. son and a 4 y.o. daughter and I've heard mixed reviews of whether it is truly FOR their age or not.

They love shows, music, and the like. I think that they would sit for the majority of it. I just am a little unclear as to what I am getting in to and would hate for our party of 6 to waste nearly $300.

Thoughts!?!?

We took DD when she was 3.5yrs old - she loved it. She was really taken with the dancing and the dresses - she paid no attention to the silly jokes, etc. - just loved the dancing and the "pretty" dresses....;)

Yes, worth it IMHO...Enjoy!

I agree with the rest. Our kids were about those ages the first time we took them to the HDDR and they had a great time. Enjoy!

It is not a "kiddie" show, but is meant to be entertainment for all ages (assuming your group likes that sort of humor, a lot of folks don't.) Little kids do often get a kick out of the singing and dancing and the opportunity to play a washboard.

Yes...perfect! Took our daughter at 4 for the first time. She laughed so hard she was making the tables around us laugh. Some of the jokes are a little adultish....but the kids don't understand them anyway! Music and food is perfect for kids.

Yes! Our dd's first HDDR was when she was 18 months. She had a blast. Sure she didn't get the jokes but she still has fun. We are taking her again in nov. to HDDR and she will be three

It's a blast, and the food is good, too. Completely corny humor - fun for the whole family. They will both enjoy it! (and if you need to scoot out with one for a moment, no one will care/notice) Have fun!

Our 3 year old boy howled at nearly everything that "Six Bits' said. Talked about it for months afterwards.

Plus its good food for kids and they can be a bit noisy too.

I was facing your same issue and decided to go for it. We've done it once before with our 6 and 4 year olds and they loved it! But, we now also have a son who will be a little over 2 when we go in March. I really wanted to do HDDR again but was so unsure about DS2 making it through a long dinner/show.

But in the end I decided to go for it. We have the 6:15 show so we obviously will nap him before we go. It's generally a louder environment so if he talks it won't be disturbing to others. And, if he gets too squirmy one of us can take him out for a quick break and walk around, and if all else fails, I can take him back to the Wilderness Lodge early (while DH stays with the older boys) since transportation is not an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter