Hoop Dee Doo by car?

seasidespences

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone...normally we stay at the resorts and use the bus/boat system to go to Hoop Dee Doo. However, this year we are staying with family and using our own transportation. What's the best/fastest/simplest way to get there? I should mention I'll be with my mom and grandmother who both have trouble walking long distances. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone...normally we stay at the resorts and use the bus/boat system to go to Hoop Dee Doo. However, this year we are staying with family and using our own transportation. What's the best/fastest/simplest way to get there? I should mention I'll be with my mom and grandmother who both have trouble walking long distances. Thanks in advance!
you will have to park at the front of campground even with handicapped tag and ride the bus. then walk to hoop which can be dark

How far from Pioneer Hall is the bus stop? I remember leaving there once before and when we walked out of Pioneer Hall, to the right was a bus stop. Is this the bus stop we would use? If so, my memory fails me as to how far of a walk it is.

In case you want to use their terminology: you will park at the Outpost area and then take the internal bus system to the Settlement area. The walk from the Settlement bus stop to Pioneer Hall is maybe 500 feet, you are correct that if you're exiting the front of Pioneer Hall the bus stop is to the right.

How far from Pioneer Hall is the bus stop? I remember leaving there once before and when we walked out of Pioneer Hall, to the right was a bus stop. Is this the bus stop we would use? If so, my memory fails me as to how far of a walk it is.
not a far walk but remember if anyone has to avoid stairs you will a little longer walk as you will leave out and enter thru Trails End door. for me worst part of walk is the darkness and my balance. work from bus stop to and from car could be longer. you are correct on where the bus stop from Hoop is

Ok, thanks. I'm thinking this might be the best approach for us since we are staying off site this time. They can do stairs, it's just the extended periods of walking that is tough. We will have wheelchairs for the parks but they'd probably avoid doing wheelchairs for this if the walk isn't too long.
From the visitor's parking lot of the campground to the internal bus stop...is that an extended walk? Or is there a place for me to drop them off closer to the entrance before I park?

From the visitor's parking lot of the campground to the internal bus stop...is that an extended walk? Or is there a place for me to drop them off closer to the entrance before I park?

You should be able to drop them pretty close to the Outpost bus stop. It is just rows like a regular parking lot at a store or something, so you just don't know how close or far you're going to find a spot. There isn't a passender drop-off lane or anything, but you should be able to just stop in the closest row and let them out without any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter