Hoop-dee-do advice...Oh they come from all over when they come...

We are going in October for our first time and we're going to do this show. I've heard so many good things about it. I do have a question though - do you have to use a MK entry in order to ride the boat from MK? Or is the boat ride actually outside of MK? Just trying to figure out if we need to do it on a MK park day or can do it on a different day.

No you would not need to have a ticket to MK.

- do you have to use a MK entry in order to ride the boat from MK? Or is the boat ride actually outside of MK?

No you would not need to have a ticket to MK.

Yup. Boat docks are located outside the MK gates.

MK-Gates-RopeDrop_022811.jpg

I love Hoop Dee Doo too, we have never taken advantage of the Sangria, just the ice cold beer. I will try the Sangria next trip for sure!

Just be thankful I didn't mention, "Dreadful sorry porcupine! Oh my darlin Clementine!" Now I'm sorry!

DD and I sing this around the house all the time. I think I have it permenantly stuck in my head!

The HDDR is a must do for us on every trip. We love it. We're going with friends in October and I'm really looking forward to taking them to see this.

It does take several hours when you factor in getting there and getting back as well as arriving early to check in. But we usually get drinks from the bar next door and find somewhere to relax and wait to be seated. We also plan this on our do nothing day. It makes for a fun evening without having to go to a park. We do the 7:00 show and are usually back at our room by 9:30 and its kind of an early night so we're ready to go back to the parks the next day.

I think its fine for kids of any age. There is enough going on to get little children's attention and its also enough going on that if your little one gets a little fussy it won't bother anyone. Now if they start screaming and won't stop please take them outside :) But I've never had any problems with our kids or any of the kids around us at the show. DD's first time was when she was 4 and she LOVED it and still does. DS will be almost 1 1/2 on our next trip and I think he will probably really enjoy it. In fact he's almost 10 months old now and I think he would enjoy it now.

Now the HDDR is being Sued! 35,000 shows! Thats a lot of royalties! Do you think it will hold up and will they have to change the hoop-dee-doo song? Thoughts!:confused:

Both times we have gone, we have been lucky enough to sit at the table for 2 in the very front row. We LOVE being right under the stage!!

My husband and I will be trying this for the first time in October. We are very excited, it sounds like a lot of fun. I have two questions:

I don't eat meat, can I make a meal out of the salad and corn bread or are there other vegetarian options?

We will be staying at VWL, can we walk to the show from there?

I also wanted to mention that the balcony is a great place to sit if you like getting picked for things! They spot us having a good time and call us out! It really is a lot of fun! One time I got to play the Indian who has the death scene! It was a lot of fun.

I think the front row is that good too. We have gone 3 times and have always been seated in the front row at the center table and all 3 times we have been made to dance or sing in front of everyone. It's a blast.

My husband and I will be trying this for the first time in October. We are very excited, it sounds like a lot of fun. I have two questions:

1- I don't eat meat, can I make a meal out of the salad and corn bread or are there other vegetarian options?

2- We will be staying at VWL, can we walk to the show from there?

1- They can provide you with a special meal.
Call ahead.

2- You can, but it is a somewhat long walk,
and you do not want to attempt it after dark.

WL-FWC-BikePath-100609.gif

I'd opt for the boat-ride.

FtW-Pion-Hoop-BE-042208.jpg

We will be staying at VWL, can we walk to the show from there?

2- You can, but it is a somewhat long walk,
and you do not want to attempt it after dark.

WL-FWC-BikePath-100609.gif

We were at the Wilderness Lodge last September and walked back to the resort after the 7:15pm HoopDeeDoo show. It was definitely dark as there is no lighting whatsoever, but the route we took was a little different (in red below). It was a little tricky to catch the right trail, but it was mostly along the lake so we were able to see the MK fireworks during our walk. :thumbsup2

FWJoggingMap2.jpg

We've taken the trail (from Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge...the one in yellow on Robo's map) several times during the day, and it's always a nice walk. We usually see armadillo and deer. And on our last trip, someone had left Mickey heads made out of all kinds of natural things (stones, sticks, moss, etc.) every so feet along the trail. That was neat.

We were going to take the one shown in red back to Fort Wilderness in the evening as it was just starting to get dark. We just got a little ways when another couple coming from the other direction said there was a large dead black snake on the path. :scared1: The kids freaked out, so we turned around and took a bus on over.

I don't eat meat, can I make a meal out of the salad and corn bread or are there other vegetarian options?

My DSis and her 3 DDs, all vegetarian, went to HDDR last year and called ahead with their no-meat request. They were worried because the HDDR meal is so meat-centric, but the staff gave them plenty of meatless choices (wish I could remember specifics). They very much enjoyed the show and the meal.

Stupid question:
Can you take the boat from WL to FW direct? Or do you have to get off at MK first? :confused3

We went last year with my son in his wheelchair. We were right behind the piano player. We were late b/c of wheelchair transportation slowed us down - not too late for the show, but most everyone was already seated and we had to come in through the bar. We were very glad the seats were close to that entrance though, with the crowd mostly seated the wheelchair would have been difficult. We thought the seats were great and it was one of our highlights.

My question for this year's trip is can you walk from the HDD exiting from the 5 o'clock show to where the campfire area is? If not, what is the bus transportation? This time it will just be my DD and myself (DH and DS are staying home), so we want to do the campfire after HDD.

If we did the 5:00 show, would it be possible to catch the 8:00 parade at the MK? Or is that a horrible idea?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter