• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop De Doo?

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
How do you get to Hoop De Doo from the All Star Resorts?

We are thinking about going the night we drive in from SC.

Would it be easier to drive to Fort Wilderness?

Would you pay OOP or use dining plan? It would be $170 for two adults and one child but that includes tax, grat., and all you can drink! :)

We will be on the dining plan during the remainder of the trip while we are stay at the CR.

Do you think that the 8:30pm show would be too late for a 5 year old that spent all day in the car?

HELP! :)

How do you get to Hoop De Doo from the All Star Resorts?

We are thinking about going the night we drive in from SC.

Would it be easier to drive to Fort Wilderness?

Would you pay OOP or use dining plan? It would be $170 for two adults and one child but that includes tax, grat., and all you can drink! :)

We will be on the dining plan during the remainder of the trip while we are stay at the CR.

Do you think that the 8:30pm show would be too late for a 5 year old that spent all day in the car?

HELP! :)

If you've got a car, driving will be easiest. Since beer and wine are included in the price, make sure you've got a designated driver :)

If it's the ordinary dining plan, it's not a bad deal but it's not the most efficient use of your credits. Whether you want to use 2 credits on that or save them for other meals depends a lot on what other meals you have planned. HDD is a better use of credits than something like Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, but is a much worse use of credits than dinner at Tutto Italia. The value of those TS credits can vary by a lot!

Depends on your 5 year old, how much s/he slept in the car, how much of a night person s/he is. If you normally have an 8 PM bedtime, starting a big dinner at 8:30 may be pushing it.

If you've got a car, driving will be easiest. Since beer and wine are included in the price, make sure you've got a designated driver :)

If it's the ordinary dining plan, it's not a bad deal but it's not the most efficient use of your credits. Whether you want to use 2 credits on that or save them for other meals depends a lot on what other meals you have planned. HDD is a better use of credits than something like Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, but is a much worse use of credits than dinner at Tutto Italia. The value of those TS credits can vary by a lot!

Depends on your 5 year old, how much s/he slept in the car, how much of a night person s/he is. If you normally have an 8 PM bedtime, starting a big dinner at 8:30 may be pushing it.

True. True. True. I would love to not drive with all you can drink sangria!

We are driving in and staying at the All Star Movies. The rest of the trip, we will be staying at the CR. I don't think I can activate our dining plan until then. Can I?

I thought it would be something fun for our first night but don't seem to have any other option than OOP?

It seems like a bit of a pain to get to....would it be easier from the CR?

Agree. If the normal bedtime is before 9pm, it's maybe difficult to stay up till the end of the show and the travel time afterward.

After the drive to Fort Wilderness, an internal bus is needed to get to the campsite. Last time we did HDD, my daughter was 5 as well. Her normal bedtime is 10-11pm back them. We took the late show which was different back then (forgot the exact time), she was knock out in the bus to the parking lot.

if you drive you will have to take an internal bus from parking lot to HDDR and after the show. no car parking at the show area. I would bus to MK and take the boat to FW, usually after the late show there are buses at bus stop that take you back to resorts but they are shared buses. would plan on an hour to and from show. as to daughters age what time are you getting up in the morning after show? that would be how I would decide if she could make it

IIRC from the other thread you started about HDDR, your first night is a RO and you won't start your package (and dining plan) until the next day when you move to the CR. So you would have to pay OOP if you went the first night.

As described, driving to FW requires that you park at the campground entrance and take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. I would not recommend this if both you and your DH will be drinking at the show.

You can take your resort bus to MK and the boat to FW. You would return to your resort on one of the buses that they will have waiting outside Pioneer Hall.

The show is almost 2 hours long, and since the return buses are shared by multiple resorts, it could be another hour before you get back to your room. How does your DD normally handle a bedtime of 11:30 after a long day with an unfamiliar routine? How early do you anticipate getting up the next morning so you can check into your new resort and activate your package? You know your DDs limits best.

In the past we have taken the bus to MK then the boat over to Ft Wilderness. You will want to give yourself a little extra time to get there. This past trip we were running a little short on time and decided to take a cab. It was so worth the $9 cab fare (from POR). The cab took us as far as FW and then we took an internal bus back to the hoop dee doo. :thumbsup2

From All Star Sports, if you are not driving yourself- take a bus to MK and then hop on the boat to FW. We do it every year.

This may be my favorite meal of each trip. I think this dinner show is worth using 2 credits AND paying out of pocket for. We are paying out of pocket this upcoming trip. When you pay OOP, you have to pay the whole amount at booking over the phone.

We always do the 6:15pm show. It just seems to be perfect time for dinner and when its over, we will still be able to enjoy the evening. It all depends on how you think your child will handle a later time. A lot of families do the 4pm show just for that reason.

IIRC from the other thread you started about HDDR, your first night is a RO and you won't start your package (and dining plan) until the next day when you move to the CR. So you would have to pay OOP if you went the first night.

As described, driving to FW requires that you park at the campground entrance and take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. I would not recommend this if both you and your DH will be drinking at the show.

You can take your resort bus to MK and the boat to FW. You would return to your resort on one of the buses that they will have waiting outside Pioneer Hall.

The show is almost 2 hours long, and since the return buses are shared by multiple resorts, it could be another hour before you get back to your room. How does your DD normally handle a bedtime of 11:30 after a long day with an unfamiliar routine? How early do you anticipate getting up the next morning so you can check into your new resort and activate your package? You know your DDs limits best.

I had considered the cab. I Mapquested it and it is 8 mins from ASM. I think it may be pushing it, unless we leave earlier and can book the 6:15.

Thanks everyone for your input! I switched our reservations (cancelled Ohana) and we our going on our second night - since MK closes at 7pm for a concert. I scheduled an Ohana breakfast instead of Kona on our pool day!

Very happy with the outcome! Greatly appreciated all advice!

And now we can enjoy cocktail or two and not worry about driving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter