Hoop De Doo Revue

estrunk76

Earning My Ears
Will I be disappointed using 2 of our table service credits each at the Hoop De Doo Revue for Category 3 seating..it is all they had left. We have a 3 year old and a one year old.

I've never been so i may not be the best person to answer this! From what I understand all the seats are good- and 3 is not much worse than 2.
However what I decided to do for this upcoming trip, since my kids are small also and I felt it would be best- Instead of using 2 table credits, I went ahead adn paid out of pocket for this one (it's the one splurge i made!) And since I paid for it myself it was only $5 more for Category 1 so I booked for seating in 1 instead and I'm hoping that it pays off. But I guess I shall see- I'm going next thursday so i'll post somethign probably afterwards and give my opinion on the seating and such for the price. I wouldn't worry though- I'm sure your kids will enjoy it a ton. I've heard good things :-)

:cool1: :hippie: We will be at the Hoop-Dee-Doo on Sept. 25 (3rd time) we are on the DDP but decided to do this OOP and use the 2 TS each and go to a breakfast at Boma and a Diner at Coral Reef. Don't forget at the Hoop you get the App (a salad), entree ribs and BBQ chicken, dessert, all the beer or wine you can drink and the tip is included plus you get the show, can't beat that OOP our 2TS.
O yea forgot with the OOP got cat. 1 and also are paying the OOP with the DIsaney rewards.

From the maps I have seen, it's a surprisingly small venue and all of the seats look good. You won't be right up by the stage, but that may be a good thing - I think that may be intimidating for very small children (at least, it would have been for my kids).

What a waste of 2 TS credits! We are still talking about how we gave up another nights' dinner to experience this hokey place. We were seated on the floor towards the back and the view was fine, assuming you actually wanted to watch it.
We went last year with our 11 yr. old daughters and friends who had various ages, but the 3 year old fell asleep during dinner. The only decent part of dinner was the salad and it went downhill from there (and our expectations were low to begin with). Everything else was mediocre at best but the dessert was laughable - Strawberry Shortcake was not shortcake but rather a big slab of dense/dry yellow sheetcake with strawberries in a thick syrup that had to be out of can (the kind used for pie!). Topped with fake whipped cream - this is not Strawberry Shortcake.
From what I'm told the show is the same old show that it's been for years and it's very hokey along the lines of vaudeville. Yes, they interact with the audience, but it's really not worth the 2 TS credits and definitely not worth the cash!!
The best part was the boat ride over there and then on the way back we were lucky enough to catch the electric boat parade in the lagoon and then the MK fireworks.
Your kids are too little and would fall asleep at this show. Take my advice and save your 2 TS credits for 2 nice dinners with good food!
My suggestions for a family with litle ones would be a buffet where you can eat "instantly" like Cape May Cafe (where you can play around outside after dinner), Chef Mickey's or a fun sit-down at Whispering Canyon.
Have fun and good luck!

Will I be disappointed using 2 of our table service credits each at the Hoop De Doo Revue for Category 3 seating..it is all they had left. We have a 3 year old and a one year old.

Honestly? We went a couple of weeks ago.... I think your 3 year old won't get alot of the jokes, think HEE HAW in person. My 9 year old LOVED it, and so did DH. I loved watching them enjoy themselves. I did roll my eyes a couple of times at the corny jokes, but couldn't help enjoying myself because of my family. I didn't like their chicken at all. Salad was really good, and DH and DD couldn't get enough of their ribs.

It was pouring at the time when we got out, and I didn't enjoy the "run" to the bus, totally soaking wet. We went to the 9:30 show because I wanted category 1, and this was the only way the DDP would pay for it. Would I do it again, probably! But not for the food, and not for the entertainment, but because of the pure joy and laughter coming from hubby and dd that I don't hear enough.:goodvibes Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter