Hoop De Doo or La Nouba

Well by default I may have to choose La Nouba. I have a weird tomato allergy so I cant eat anything with tomato or tomato powder or anything like that. Just saw the Hoop menu at www.allears.net and they serve Fried Chicken, BBQ ribs, mashed potatos, and baked beans. I cant eat BBQ sauce of any kind. Unless they would be willing to accomodate this (change things), I dont think the show will happen for us.

I cant eat anything with tomato or tomato powder or anything like that.

The Hoop can supply alternate food dishes upon request.

This includes Kosher and special "picky kid eaters" meals.

We love Hoop and have never been to La Nouba. We want to do it, but just haven't set aside time to do it without kids. We wouldn't want to take our kids. I agree with someone else who posted... Hoop Dee Do is for the cooky, funny type. It's a good, fun show. You'll laugh at it for sure. We liked the food too. And it was all you can eat.

I guess what it comes down to is if you want a dinner show or a "world class" show. La Nouba is higher priced, but I'm sure you'll get what you pay for.

I'd say go for Hoop Dee Do so you can eat, enjoy the show, and stay right there on property afterwards and head over to MK.

If it's us and we have the money, we probably try La Nouba, so we know if we like it or not...

The Hoop can supply alternate food dishes upon request.

This includes Kosher and special "picky kid eaters" meals.

To go one step further...the chicken is servered seperate from the BBQ ribs in seperate containers. Anytime you visit Disney, if you have food allergies, you let them know and the chef will usually come out and address any concerns you have. He can also accomodate your needs like Robo said.

If you like fried chicken, their fried chicken is VERY good... At least the 4-5 times we've been to Hoop it's been good!

I've been to HDD a couple of times. Good food and lots of laughs. You probably can't go wrong either way.

La Nouba is amazing! Our kids loved it!

Hoop is too corny and hokey for us.

I've done both, and while I LOVE La Nouba, Disney doesn't tour dinner theater shows like Hoop across the globe.
La Nouba is a great show, but not Cirque's best show, catch some other touring Cirque show near home and make a night out of that!
Or, see both. That works too. ;)

It looks like you're getting a split vote here. In my opinion both shows are great. We loved the Cirque shows before seeing La Nouba so seeing it live was amazing. You need to think about what you and DH like best. La Nouba is artsy and Hoop is campy.

The food is great at Hoop and if you take part in consumption of adult beverages they have all you can drink beer and sangria. Just leave room for dessert.:thumbsup2

Both shows are fantastic! But for my anniversary I'd prefer LaNouba and a quieter, less casual dinner - maybe at a signature restaurant. (Altho the fried chicken at Hoop is delish!)

We have never seen the hoop show, but we have seen La Nouba and it is a fantastic show.

Hey guys,

Im trying to make my mind up and was wondering if I could just take some polls over the next few days. My husband and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in Sept 2011. We wanted to do something different but are stuck on a decision. We have never done La Nouba. Heard the show was amazing. However, we have also never experienced a dinner show at Disney and heard HDD was great. What should we pick?

What are you looking for? 90 mins of funny wonderful entertainment or a dinner show?

DW and I have been to La Nouba 2 times and this last time, I was pulled on stage to be part of the bike show. WAY TO COOL!!!!! You are planning on having some "couples only" time? Why not have a dinner date where you have dinner at a nice restaurant then at 6pm watch La Nouba.

here is a link to she what I looks and starts like. Click Here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter