hoop de do closing

wruffy

Earning My Ears
I have heard the Hoop De Do Review at Fort Wilderness will be closing at the end of the year along with Trails End to make room for more DVC only areas, This means the beach and boat access will only be for DVC members only. So unfair to FW campers who love the campground.

I really doubt this is true... who did you hear this from/how does that make sense in any way, shape, or form?

I know some cast members that are there and they were telling me this. They were very upset.

I have heard the Hoop De Do Review at Fort Wilderness will be closing at the end of the year along with Trails End to make room for more DVC only areas, This means the beach and boat access will only be for DVC members only. So unfair to FW campers who love the campground.

But they're still taking reservations b/c I've got one in Feb. So I sure hope not!

I haven't heard that, and I seriously doubt it. What I did hear from a tour guide was that they could do something DVC or pirate related with River Country and the old Discovery Island.

Not believing this rumor at all. They wouldn't restrict the beach and boat access to DVC members only. They've never done this at any of the DVC properties.

While they may be considering a DVC property there, Disney hasn't announced anything about it officially. Since the DVC at GF isn't even open yet, they won't be announcing anything new for a while. Even when they do, it doesn't mean the next one would be at FW. They could easily build elsewhere.

There have been rumors for about a year that Disney is considering builidng another DVC between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. When Eisner was CEO, there was another resort planned near Wilderness Lodge named Buffalo Junction which was similiar in design to Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris. Supposedly Disney has dusted off plans for Buffalo Junction and it may be built as a DVC. I can't imagine that Hoop-De-Doo would be closed.

Construction will not start until at least the Grand Flo DVC is completed. Thee are also rumors that the Poly is slated for DVC units in the future.

I can't imagine they would close down HDDMR. It's too popular and I don't think Disney would want to decrease the number of dinner shows available. If they do proceed with DVC at Ft Wilderness, they would move HDDMR to another location, not close it down completely.

I'm a DVC member so I try to keep up to date on DVC happenings. I did read that a DVC resort would be built in Ft. Wilderness but then I later read the plans were scrapped. I never saw any mention of closing HDDR, though.

Of course, if the GF DVC sells out fast, I'm sure they will revisit those plans.

kddisney502 said:
I can't imagine they would close down HDDMR. It's too popular and I don't think Disney would want to decrease the number of dinner shows available. If they do proceed with DVC at Ft Wilderness, they would move HDDMR to another location, not close it down completely.

Agreed there has neverr

kddisney502 said:

Agreed hddmr is always packed they won't get rid of it.

It's very popular and expenive and doesn't take up a lot of space ither, so somejow I doubt it. They might move it....? Unlikely though.

There have been rumors for about a year that Disney is considering builidng another DVC between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. When Eisner was CEO, there was another resort planned near Wilderness Lodge named Buffalo Junction which was similiar in design to Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris. Supposedly Disney has dusted off plans for Buffalo Junction and it may be built as a DVC. I can't imagine that Hoop-De-Doo would be closed.

Construction will not start until at least the Grand Flo DVC is completed. Thee are also rumors that the Poly is slated for DVC units in the future.

Have you ever been to the Hotel Cheyenne? It is pretty weak. Definitely a notch below the All Stars. I can't imagine any DVC members being satisfied with that.

Have you ever been to the Hotel Cheyenne? It is pretty weak. Definitely a notch below the All Stars. I can't imagine any DVC members being satisfied with that.

weak? i dunno about that, I personally love the theming of it, although would agree the service and facilities are pretty poor.

Its a million times better than the awful sante fe!!

A Hotel Cheyenne themed hotel at WL level (low end deluxe) would be very interesting I think.

"Bad rumor. Bad!"

Sticks it's nose in it.

"Look at what you've done!"

SkierPete

P.S. This is so far from true - HDDR is NOT closing. The prices they get away with charging at 3 shows a day for low-end food and a cast of six...never gonna happen.

Michael623 said:

Seriously? I think it's great! Definitely my favourite place to stay near DLP. The customer service is a little rusty like, but no more than anywhere else in DLP.

"Bad rumor. Bad!"

Sticks it's nose in it. "Look at what you've done!"

SkierPete

P.S. This is so far from true - HDDR is NOT closing. The prices they get away with charging at 3 shows a day for low-end food and a cast of six...never gonna happen.

Thank you Pete! Absolute Fodder - Uhhh I think!

Note to any reader - Disney is a Profit motivated company, think in those terms. If it was true - it would be closing cause it is empty! It ain't trust me! $65 per head at 300 / 400 folks? Got Ressies for four on the fifth try for a trip in Mid-December when the parks are fairly empty!

I am a DVC Member whose points never go far enough. I have cabined there, but, never camped there! Am considering it in the future. To those campers fearing a DVC - I would think it may be your absolute best friend:

• You only have to look at Google Earth / Maps to discover: My gosh - tons of unused land there! And, roads from the MK Highway / Main Entrance could be diverted to the area easily! Something will be put there eventually!
  • Disney's theming and attention to detail would obviously prevent a Balcony hanging over a tent or camper. Other company's might - but, - despite the profit motivation - that is extremely un Disney like.
  • I personally think that a DVC Resort would bring Entertainment, Shopping, Dining (Sit-Down and Quick Service) within walking distance of the camping? Trust me - we DVC'rs will not kick you out! Nor will Disney!
  • A "Buffalo Junction" may mandate they keep the Camping theme in that area from now till the end of the world!

On the other hand:

WDW Management - and those in Burbank do not look at WDW as a warm friendly place. They look at it as a place which generates Revenue, Profits and Stock Price! Despite a bad economy, guys / gals in suits doubled the price of my 10 Day Park Hopper / No Exp ticket in 2 years! Trust me, they look at Campground profits also.

These folks salary is 100% dependent upon profit - and - they ask hard questions: How much revenue do those campers bring in? Is that huge tract of land making me money? If not, could I make more by putting a 5th park or mega resort on that huge portion of land and use another area for camping? Should we just eliminate camping altogether as it is not profitable? I do not know the answers to those questions - but - I do know this is how they think! They question it as Wall Street mandates it.

Be honest Campers: If WDW was built in 1995 would there be a Camp grounds? I am thinking NOT! Iger is paid millions to speculate on how to maximize the property he has: "What if I could put a park that attracts 20K per day and a hotel that holds 5000 vs. 500 campers on the same property?" Uhhh - Park and Hotel wins out!

Happy Campers: I have stayed in the Cabins before and feel it is one of the very special places WDW has to offer and would be heresy to modify or tamper with this area. And, would be the first one to hold my breath and write a scathing letter if they did anything to infringe on this extremely special area (for what little that means!)! WDW management is not your savior here - I sleep at night thinking Green Peace and other organizations would shame them out of any such notion!

Let me say: I am not anti-Disney or anti-business. I do think that there are 100's of thousands of folks on Dis-Boards and other sites who have "invested" in Disney heavily - and we should have a say! I personally believe in this very special place - I hope others do too!

I also believe that we "Believers" need to have a place to place our view on. I thank the DISBOARD's. After 490+ posts, the Disboard's are very dear to me! I also find them to be against anything Anti-Disney!

I, for one, will not be losing any sleep over this rumor someone decided to throw out there. Hoop de doo is a *cash cow* for goodness sake, as is FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter