• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop de do and gluten free, picky 10 year old

Anne5555

Mouseketeer
I think my son would love the entertainment at Hoop De Do, but not the menu. He has autism, and he is on a gluten (wheat) and dairy free diet. He does not really like chicken, but he might be reasonably content with gluten free chicken strips and french fries, if an option. He loves hamburgers, but I don't think those are on the menu. Does anyone know what accommodations HDD can make?

Thanks!

I know they can accommodate certain dietary issues and I believe gluten-free is one of them. I would indicate your preferences when you make your reservations and confirm them a few days before your scheduled meal. It never hurts to double-check and it reduces stress.

They will serve you gluten-free fried chicken, gluten free cornbread, and I think a gluten free strawberry shortcake. The baked beans and ribs are naturally gluten free.

One of my best friends has gluten and dairy allergies and Disney is VERY good at accommodating her needs, it's part of why she loves Disney so much because there's always something she can eat. Also if you make a reservation at HDD on your confirmation page there will be a tab you can click where you can list all off allergies your party has so they'll know ahead of time! :bounce:

We got allergy chicken tenders and fries with our meal in December. I had to ask as the chef was bringing out items similar to the regular menu but there was no problem at all getting them. If they have burgers at Trail's End then he can likely get that if you ask the chef. I've found chefs to be wonderful about simple accommodations like these when dealing with both allergies and autism.

My DH is gluten and dairy free, and we loved the meal when we went this February. The famed chef TJ was the chef who came out, much to our surprise. That having been said, we were not offered a variety of foods different than the meal served, just alternate. For example, corn without butter was brought out. My DH got a baked potato instead of mashed potatoes. He did not get fried chicken, it was grilled. He got a salad, ribs, and did not get beans, though he does not eat them, so this may have been preference rather than there was gluten in them. I also don't think he got the gluten free cornbread. One heads up that we did not understand... Do not let folks with allergies eat anything unless it is hand delivered by chef. When we got our food in buckets, we thought it was the dairy free corn, for instance. Boy did Chef TJ let us have it! He said, "no, no, not for you!" Luckily, no one got ill and we learned our lesson! To be honest, your son may not eat anyway, there is so much excitement. I would give him a snack (or bring a few you know he will eat), and think of it as an experience rather than a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter