Hoop-D-do & DDP & credit card hold

GSLand

Mouseketeer
First time Disney-Dining-Plan-er ... so I have a few questions.
Today's question: I booked the Hoop-D-D revue for us (2 table service) and the reservation asked for my credit card, no option to say we're using DDP.

How / when do I let them know we're using our dining plan credits? When we check in?

That's just to hold the reservation so they can charge a cancelation fee if you don't cancel in time and you're a no show. They won't charge your card. Just let them know you'll be using your dining plan when you get there. :)

I did that today I called to find out and the linked my DDP with them Reservation so I had to just put a card on if I don't show up but wasn't charged !
Good Luck

First time Disney-Dining-Plan-er ... so I have a few questions.
Today's question: I booked the Hoop-D-D revue for us (2 table service) and the reservation asked for my credit card, no option to say we're using DDP.

How / when do I let them know we're using our dining plan credits? When we check in?

Did you link your resort reservation/dining plan when making the Hoop De Doo res? When you made the reservation you have to include credit card info for the no show guarantee, but if you linked your dining plan there would be $0 charge to your credit card. If your resort res was not linked, then you would have been charged the full amount of the dinner. (Note that Cat. 1 seats are eligible with the dining plan only at certain performances.)

If you were charged the full amount you can call the dining line and have the CM modify the payment method. Make sure the CM knows how to do this without cancelling your reservation. Cancelling the res is the easiest method, but someone else could take that res, in which case you'll no longer have one. If the CM wants to cancel the res, hang up and call again or wait until you pick up your tickets and at that time tell the CM you want to use the dining plan and they'll refund your card.

HDDR is a dinner show and being such you have to pre-pay it in full at the time of booking. So if you gave a credit card just now when making your reservation and didn't check the box at the bottom directing them to use your dining credits you will have the full charge of this on your card within the next day or two.

You need to call the dining line and ask them to refund you on the card and use your dining credits to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter