Honeymooning in October - What to do on our last day?

catalyst_veritas

Earning My Ears
Me and my future husband will be having our honeymoon in Orlando this October 11th-18th! I've got the whole thing booked officially as of now! We'll be staying at Coronado Springs. Just got our plane tickets tonight and our flight doesn't leave on our last day until 6:55 PM. I believe checkout is at 11 AM at Coronado Springs. Any recommendations on what to do between hotel checkout and Magical Express pick-up?

For reference, we're only doing Disney 2 out of 5 days. AK and MK on the 13th and Epcot on the 15th. ADR's I already have are: Maya Grill (Dinner), Kona Cafe (Breakfast), Yak & Yeti (Lunch), Las Ventanas (Breakfast), and Teppan Edo (Dinner). Still trying like mad to get an ADR for Be Our Guest (HUGE Beauty and the Beast fan here).

I'm guessing we'll have around 5 or 6 hours to kill. Is that enough time to check out DHS? Or head back to MK for anything we missed? I don't want the day to be any more stressful than it has to be with travelling. Any must-try restaurants I should try to get into? What about fun stuff to do at resorts?

Also, I just thought about this as I was typing, but what will we do with all of our luggage in the down time? =O Does Disney have any type of service/accommodations for this?

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations! Your plans sound fantastic!

I'm headed to CSR next month for a solo trip, and have a last day very similar to yours in timing. I decided to rent a car, in large part to have flexibility that day.

For ME to the airport, you'll have a pick up time of about 4 pm. You can leave your luggage with bell services between checkout and then. If you don't remain at CSR but go to a park, you'll need to leave the park about 2:30-3:00, to make sure you have time to get back and reclaim your luggage prior to boarding the coach.

Rental cars for small groups in Orlando are fairly inexpensive; I got one for less than $100 for a week. That last day, I will check out and put my luggage in the car. Drive to either a park or to Downtown Disney, do whatever last things I feel like doing, then head for the airport about 2 1/2 hours before my flight. Leaves me with more options, at only a slightly higher price (in comparison to the entire trip).

If I had decided to not get the car, I would be planning that day to maybe go to a park early, then return to CSR and lounge at the pool. For me, the stress of timing multiple consecutive WDW transportation trips to make a flight is too much. But that's just me. Others would be perfectly comfortable with it.

Congratulations on the engagement and upcoming wedding and honeymoon. My fiance and I will actually be honeymooning just a few weeks later and are extremely excited as well. Even though we have a later flight on our departure day we've decided not to do the parks on that day. We don't want to feel rushed, plus we want our last night there to be enjoyed leaving the park at close and seeing Wishes. That last day we will use to visit Downtown Disney and get anything we might have waited to purchase and also hang out at the pool. In fact, most resorts may have checkout at 11, they still allow you to use the pool unti

Thanks for the congrats! I'm having so much fun planning the honeymoon. And I'm so glad to hear that we can leave our luggage with bell service, that had me worried!

I think we might just stay out of the parks for that day. Seems like it would be a big hassle just to spend a couple hours at a park. What restaurants would you recommend for lunch that we may have missed? (Outside of the parks, obviously.)

You might try one of the new Disney Springs locations if they're open (Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar or The BOATHOUSE) or one of the AKL restaurants (Sanaa or Boma) if you want to take in some more Disney and want to see the animals. I know I'm excited about Jock Lindsey's since it is related to Indiana Jones who is one of my favorite film characters.

you can actually walk to Blizzard beach from CSR.

but that would be an extra expensive.

so would boating, horseback riding, archery, - the free nightly film won't start until it is time for you to leave.

here the recreation list
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/index.htm

what type of park tickets do you have

A caution - getting to and from Downtown Disney/Disney Springs using Disney buses is usually more of a hassle than getting to and from a park. Those buses don't run as frequently, and it's on the "outside edge" of WDW. If you want to head there on your last day, you might consider taking taxis. Also, getting from one resort to another using Disney buses is similar; you basically have to go to a park from CSR, then catch that resort's bus. Again, taxis would expedite things.

If you really want to stick with buses, I'd recommend heading to somewhere on the monorail. Maybe Kona's? You can bus to MK, then monorail to Poly. Have lunch, check out the resort, take monorail/boat to the other MK-area resorts and check those out. The bar at the Contemporary is nice for a drink. Then catch the bus from MK back to CSR in time to get ME to the airport.

what type of park tickets do you have

Right now we have 2 day park hoppers. Thanks for the recreation list, I'll check that out! We definitely want to do something that won't leave us rushing back to the hotel for out ME shuttle. Especially since our flight gets home at 9pm and we have to work the next day. We would like to keep it relaxed. I think that resort hopping on the monorail is our best option so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter