• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymooning in Disney Sept 2013 HELP!!!

Jokers Girl

Earning My Ears
So I have never been to Disney before and although my Fiancee has, I need all the help I can get! We really have a small budget (actually we have no budget for the honeymoon) and we are planning on making a Disney registry to help pay for it.
We are looking to stay at the value resorts - most likely Movies - and are looking for the park hopper option with a 4 day park ticket (we are going to try to do two days at Universal while we are there.) and the plus Dinning (He thinks we should try to do a character dinner or two).
Does anyone know when they will announce any specials - Play, stay & Dine, etc. - for september? Or any other deals I should know about?

Any info, tips, advice, etc would be amazing!

Thank you everyone!!!!

A disney honeymoon sounds amazing of course!! I thought I would just give you my own experience from this year and maybe that'll help a little. My (now) fiance and I just went to Disney this past September (we went the first week in September) and we were able to use the free-dining promotion. We found out in the beginning of March that they were going to run the free dining plan in September...so I don't know what it'll be for this coming year...but last year it was March.

We went for 9 nine days and stayed at Port Orleans, and with the free dining plan we were able to keep the whole trip around $2000...which I know is still expensive, but hopefully that could give you some ideas as about cost and deals.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'd be happy to help :)

Hey there, My wife and I made our first trip to Disney last year as our honey moon and it was AMAZING !!! You couldn't ask for better.

We stayed at Coranado Springs, which is great, its like an all inclusive carribean resort, but without too many kids, and yet you get to go to the park any time you want, pretty perfect. The Cabannas are the best IMO.

Anyway, for us it was a little more expensive, 3300, but we were there 9 days and it was during your presidents day weekend, one of the most expensive times of year :(

This is what I will suggest though, just stay at Disney. You can not POSSIBLY do everything there in 4 days. IF they toss in free dining, just stay at disney, relax and enjoy your honey moon. If you stay at a value, they will probably only offer you the quick service free dining, take it, and you can upgrade to the magic your way plus dining package, which will give you the table service meals. This is really what you are going to want to enjoy with your new spouse !!! Def some of the best memories we have are our dinners out, romantic and amazing, then heading to magic kingdom or epcot for some fireworks !!! We weren't ready to leave after 9 days, still wanted to do more ...

We have done universal as well, and its fun, but much smaller, and certainly not the stay and play and relax atmosphere of disney, more like, get in line, do a ride, get in line, do a ride ... repeat.

Also, make sure to book and put in your booking its your honeymoon !!!! you SHOULD get some special surprises in your room ! :)

They have already announced and are booking free dining for 2013 here in the UK, so hopefully you guys in the US will get it soon for next year too!!:thumbsup2

Jokers Girl said:
So I have never been to Disney before and although my Fiancee has, I need all the help I can get! We really have a small budget (actually we have no budget for the honeymoon) and we are planning on making a Disney registry to help pay for it.
We are looking to stay at the value resorts - most likely Movies - and are looking for the park hopper option with a 4 day park ticket (we are going to try to do two days at Universal while we are there.) and the plus Dinning (He thinks we should try to do a character dinner or two).
Does anyone know when they will announce any specials - Play, stay & Dine, etc. - for september? Or any other deals I should know about?

Thank you everyone!!!!

Hi there!

A few suggestions, check out mouse owners to rent DDisney vacation club points. Our vacation at old key west is a relatively comparative to staying at a value... however if Disney issues free dining you can't take advantage. If there's no free dining my advice is not to do the dining plan... I've number crunched and if you want to do character meals or signature meals that take 2 credits you probably won't save money...

If you are set on universal try dreams unlimited they offer packages that include transportation with mears. Id go for one day instead of two though because it really is kind of a hassle. Keep in mind 2 days added on your Disney pass is cheaper. You could also spend a day resort hopping enjoying things like the trails at wilderness or the beach at the Polynesian or rent a boat or bikes or even go fishing!

We are also doing a honeymoon registry and are using travelers joy instead of the Disney honeymoon wishes one because I found there is more customization ability if you want to get specific... and all the fees get taken off at the end, no upfront fees to your guests.

Hope that helps!

One great and free romantic thing to do is watch Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant from a hammock on the beach at the Polynesian Resort.

Thank you everyone!!!!

When in September will you be there? My future wife and I will be Disneymooning Sept 22-29, staying at Wilderness Lodge......in one of the Honeymoon Suites, of course!

Hi there!

A few suggestions, check out mouse owners to rent DDisney vacation club points. Our vacation at old key west is a relatively comparative to staying at a value... however if Disney issues free dining you can't take advantage. If there's no free dining my advice is not to do the dining plan... I've number crunched and if you want to do character meals or signature meals that take 2 credits you probably won't save money...

It would say that it is worth checking out renting DVC points as well. We have rented out our points in the past for less than the actual cost of the rooms. You also get the extra perks, discounts, etc, that DVC members get. It might actually end up being the best route.

Thank you everyone!!!!

Never been to Disney? You are going to have the best time ever! No matter if you are in a value resort, you will be there and that's all that counts! And in my opinion, even if you don't get free dining, Disney is still the best place value wise. Although I personally wouldn't buy the dining plan as someone else as said you are better off paying as you go. But if you do get the free 'table service' plan by chance, you should upgrade as you will need to try the great table service restaurants! There are also some great places to eat outside Disney - so you are also then not restricted to Disney restaurants (if you don't get the Dplan). Also, look at the Swan and Dolphin if the Dplan isn't available, they are right on the Boardwalk, walking distance to EPCOT and HStudios and are top class hotels. You might want that bit of comfort for your HMoon? I've stayed at the Swan and can recommend.You also get Magic Hours staying there and the price will probably be good too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter