Honeymoon Trip: POR or BWI

OMG ITS KILLING ME!!!!!! WHAT IS THE “I” IN BWI???? :sad::sad::sad:
boardwalk Villa? no boardwalk Resort? no
THE ONLY BWI I KNOW IS THE AIRPORT!!! NOW THIS IS GOING TO MAKE ME INSANE ALL DAY LONG!!!!! AAIIIIIEEEEEEEEE :bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::faint:

OMG ITS KILLING ME!!!!!! WHAT IS THE “I” IN BWI???? :sad::sad::sad:
boardwalk Villa? no boardwalk Resort? no
THE ONLY BWI I KNOW IS THE AIRPORT!!! NOW THIS IS GOING TO MAKE ME INSANE ALL DAY LONG!!!!! AAIIIIIEEEEEEEEE :bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::bitelip::faint:

BOARDWALK INN

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can't go wrong with either one---they both have their own charm.

I must say though---BWI for F&W can't be beat and it's more compact than POR. POR is a large spread-out resort. Some rooms are quite a hike from the food court and bus stops. Just depends on your bldg location.

With BWI, I like having a 1) balcony 2) ability to walk in and around the BWI/BWV in inclement weather 3)easy walk to Epcot and boat ride to DHS. Just my preference for BWI---I like POR and think it's a beautiful resort and makes the budget not feel the pinch as much. But you will give up some nice perks I feel. As long as you are aware of them and are ok, it's not a problem.

Also, I feel there is more to do for non-park entertainment around the boardwalk area like Jelly Rolls and ADH. I know we have done F&W the past 3 years and go back multiple days so we can visit each and every booth and take in all the event has to offer. Being able to walk back to your room is invaluable. But if you only plan on a day or two at F&W, a split stay would be fine too. I'm sure whatever your choice you'll have a great time :)

You can't go wrong with either one---they both have their own charm.

I must say though---BWI for F&W can't be beat and it's more compact than POR. POR is a large spread-out resort. Some rooms are quite a hike from the food court and bus stops. Just depends on your bldg location.

With BWI, I like having a 1) balcony 2) ability to walk in and around the BWI/BWV in inclement weather 3)easy walk to Epcot and boat ride to DHS. Just my preference for BWI---I like POR and think it's a beautiful resort and makes the budget not feel the pinch as much. But you will give up some nice perks I feel. As long as you are aware of them and are ok, it's not a problem.

Also, I feel there is more to do for non-park entertainment around the boardwalk area like Jelly Rolls and ADH. I know we have done F&W the past 3 years and go back multiple days so we can visit each and every booth and take in all the event has to offer. Being able to walk back to your room is invaluable. But if you only plan on a day or two at F&W, a split stay would be fine too. I'm sure whatever your choice you'll have a great time :)

We decided to sacrifice a bit of the luxury and booked POR today with a king bed. It won't be quite as awesome, but it will help with the overall wedding budget.

We knew we wouldn't be spending too much time in the room and getting a king bed room would be a nice compromise between our two ideas.

Maybe next time I'll get my deluxe stay. ;)

You will have an awesome time at POR !!!! Maybe you can book a nice romantic evening carriage ride there :thumbsup2

We did a split stay for our honeymoon (and first trip for both of us) in January. 10 nights at POR and 3 at concierge level AKL. I was actually really sad to leave POR. It's just beautiful and super romantic. The great thing about POR is that you can fax a request in. The thread on here about POR can give you great advice about sending a fax and how to word it. We booked a king bed and then requested mansion and upper level. We ended up with a gorgeous corner room at the front of one of the mansion buildings. It was more than I could have hoped for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter