Honeymoon Resort

Honeymoon1

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide which moderate resort to upgrade to for our honeymoon. We are undecided between Carribean beach or port orleans (either riverside or french quater).

Which would you reccommend?

As of now we planning on staying at the All-Star Music resort but definately want to upgrade if we get good enough reviews. By looking at the pictures of CBR the rooms don't appear much different than the all-star music, sports, etc rooms. However, the exterior of CBR seems to have MULTIPLE benefits compaired to all star resorts. I would really appreciate your ideas and experiences and PLEASE PLEASE keep in mind this is our honeymoon!

Thanks for all your help!

If you can afford it I would 100% upgrade to a moderate resort for your Honeymoon. I think there is a whole different feel to the moderates versus the value resorts. The rooms are bigger and there are more amenities at the moderate resorts, like multiple bus stops and "quiet" pools which can be a nice break from all the kids. The rooms also have better sound proofing at Moderates, we stayed a POP in January for one night and it was very loud, we could hear toilets flushing and kids screaming all night, we never had that problem at a Moderate. There is also the option of a table service restaurant at each Moderate resort, so if you feel like having a laid back evening you don't have to leave the resort to enjoy a nice meal. Coronado Springs even has a "night club" on property which DH and I really enjoyed on our last stay there and they have recently refurbished rooms which are really nice, so you may want to consider staying there.
We really enjoy the food a the table service at the Caribbean and the feel is very tropical, I don't have recent experience at POR so I can't comment on that.
I would recommend CSR or CBR for a honeymoon, the tropical feel of both would really add to your honeymoon. Have a great time! :banana:

Congradulations, I like Port Orleans Riverside the Mansions they are nice, quite. There is a lot to do at the resort. The resort is beautiful. The pool is nice with a water slide and hot tub, lots of room. Dining options are good, Boat to downtown Disney is great and they have many other options for entertainment. We never had any real problem with transportation issues. I also enjoy Coranado Springs. We will be going back there again this year. They have just refurbished their hotel and now have queen beds. This a great thing as both my husband and sons are over 6'.:rotfl: They also have a refurbished pool and very nice grounds. They also have lots of sports options available.

I would upgrade if you can swing it. We stayed 2 weeks at CSR for our honeymoon and loved it. Of your choices, I'd probably take POFQ. It's smaller, one bus stop, and it has a great feel to the resort.

Yeah, I'd have to go with POFQ over CBR for a honeymoon. Seems more romantic and it is smaller and more intimate. To be fair, I've never stayed at CBR so maybe that isn't fair.

Jackie

I know this is an old thread, but for future reference I'd say go with a moderate, and from there I vote on Port Orleans. I'm partial to Riverside, myself, but I think either would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter