Honeymoon Resort Advice?

mousemere

Planning a Disneymoon!
Hey y'all! So I've posted here before, and I've been so torn about our honeymoon at WDW. Right now, we're booked for the second week in September at Port Orleans Riverside. However, my FH just got a new (and better!) job, and I think we're ready to splurge and go ahead and stay somewhere a little nicer. I know we won't be in the room *that* much but it is our honeymoon after all. I don't want it to feel like the Super 8 Motel when we come in from a night out or an afternoon at the parks.

So here's what I'm thinking - I think I want to stay somewhere neither of us has stayed before.

I'm between:

1) The contemporary - it seems like they've updated this place a lot and it gives me a very "adult" feel, like sort of akin to a Westin or another nice hotel. Anybody like the Contemporary? Hate it?

2) The Boardwalk Inn - I like that it has some Disney flair to it, and the proximity to the nightlife like Jelly Rolls and ESPN. However, the pool clown sort of scares me (not gonna lie) and I'm wondering if it's overrun with kids. Obviously we're going on a Disneymoon and we love kids, but I would like just a tad more "adult" feel when we're not at the Magic Kingdom.

3) Animal Kingdom Lodge - know pretty much zero about this but the animal viewing seems cool. Worth it? Nice romantic place? Is the transportation enough to provoke violence?

4) Polynesian - I stayed there as a small kid and I just LOVE the Poly. My only concern is that they don't have king beds unless you get a suite (which we're not ready to spring for). Is the rest of the resort's ambience worth it?

Just looking for some votes, some comments, and some input from some of y'all who have stayed at these places. What would do you do if it was YOUR honeymoon this September?

Thanks in advance!!:bride:

From your list, the only one I've stayed at is the Poly and it was lovely. Being able to watch Wishes from the beach is a definite plus in my book, and the transportation options are really good.

Have you considered the Wilderness Lodge? As much as I loved the Poly, the WL is a very close second. Plus it has a hot tub which the Poly does not have.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Of the resorts you picked I would vote for BWI. We love going to Jellyrolls and the new rooms look amazing. There are lots of dining options around too.

We've stayed at AKL and it is very romantic and it is amazing to see the animals. I didn't find the transportation that bad, it was before Kidani was open, but it is less convenient for meals. Another benefit is rates are lower than the other choices, so that is more money for dinners/activities/etc.

Some thoughts on the others you have, the CR doesn't really appeal to me, I did stay there before the new rooms and I didn't care for it. The new rooms do look really nice and the location is great. Best MK view of any resort. If you do stay here I'd stay in the Main Building. I stayed in a Garden wing and felt really out of the loop.

The Poly is a gorgeous resort, but very very popular with families, so if you want less kids around this may not be the place for you. Benefits are transportation options and great theming.

My personal favorite, and where we stayed for our wedding, is the Grand Floridian. Love the location near MK and being on the monorail. Lots of great dining right in your hotel. Just love everything about it.

I'd look through pictures and see which resorts appeal most to you.

We love AKL! I wish we could afford to stay there every time. It's definately a deluxe with great restaurants, views and scenery.

On the other hand we love POFQ (neighbor to POR)! That is our favorite resort within our price range. We find it romantic at night as well as relaxing. The boat to DTD is perfect.

If you can afford the upgrade - go for it. If it's going to put you in a tight place and have a cut in other ways - pass on it. It's your honeymoon. You'll really enjoy anywhere you stay (even a Super 8).

Best Wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter