Honeymoon registry

CastleLight

DIS Veteran
Has anyone registered for the Disney honemoon registry yet? The site seems to be up, although the official start date was to be Feb. 14.

I tried to but the site seems to only let you sign up to receive an email when it is officially available. When I click on the links it doesn't load anything. Unless it is my computer acting up, I think they just have the site ready to go for when it does finally open for registration.

I just tried to register....it seems all of the pages are activated, but after I entered in my information it kept telling me I missed a required entry even though I hadn't. Maybe that's as far as they've gotten with uploading the site.

Yay, my first post!

I tried to click on the catalog but the page just does not load, I have registered my details but I have no email yet

Even that's better than I get. On the front page it says I'm "cordially invited" to try the sample registry, but after I put in the required e-mail and name...it says thanks and then....then...

wait for it

...Nothing happens. Nada. Zip.

They obviously don't understand compulsive planners have needs.

Maybe someone else has some top secret link I don't?

Pax

Honeymoon registry?!? Since when? What is this? I have never heard of a honeymoon registry. Sounds a bit rediculous but that might be because I'm deciding in my head what it is. Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks.

I stumbled on a little blurb about it in one of the newsletters I get. It's not officially being launched until February 14, apparently, but for a while I was able to wander around the website and see what was offered. Now I only get the front page. Maybe you'll have more luck than me!

It seems people will be able to purchase credits toward many different experiences, whether it be for the hotel, dinners, or special events. The credits equal a certain amount of money, which differs from item to item.

Since I'm new, I can't post links, but I guess I can still say it this way:
disneyhoneymoonregistry dot com

Good luck!

Hmmm...they must've opened the "sample registry" for a short time and then closed it right back down. S'why we just get the front page now.

I guess I missed the window.

Drat.

I wonder if the prices were the same if things were purchased through the registry or if Disney skims.

I wonder if "credits" are a flat rate, or if they vary by category.

I wonder if it will be a good way for me to pay for things in advance so as to avoid worry later.

I wonder if they'll let me in soon. Hehe.

Pax

I wish they had the honeymoon registry when I got married, it is a great idea! I also think Disney should have a registry for all of their home stuff that you find at the parks and downtown Disney! I would so have registered for all Disney appliances, towels, etc. if it was available!:thumbsup2

Pax, the only one of your questions I can answer is that the credits equaled different amounts of money depending on what the item was.
And Meyer, there was an option for Disney Dollars too, so items could be purchased using those. I guess it would be like having a gift card from a store.

Update:

I just submitted my official Disney World Honeymoon Registry today!! :) It let me do it!!!! :cool1:

Yay, me too!

I still can't figure out exactly how it works. If I've already booked my accommodations and reserved spots on tours, and the balance has to be paid in full over a month before the wedding, how can I ask that someone chip in money for the hotel as a gift when they probably wouldn't be accessing the registry that early?

Have you been able to add items to the registry? I signed up successfully, but I can't seem to add to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter