• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon in WDW-- which hotel?

CharityLynn

DIS Veteran
My fiancee's parents are giving us a honeymoon as our wedding gift. They are memebers of the DVC. Unfortunately we can only stay from Friday evening to Monday evening(fiancee's job:() They say because we are not able to stay the whole week they wanted to give us that we could stay in whatever Resort we'd like. I am having such a hard time picking. I've neevr been to WDW before and fiancee went when he was 16. I was thinking since we'll only be there for a short time maybe we should pick a hotel with a good location. But I'm not sure what I want:confused:

What does everyone reccommend?

I'm thinking of asking for a villa too. I'd love a whirlpool tub to relax in after all that walking princess:

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#CD818E" size="3">The Grand Floridian - It's romantic, very special, and as it is on the monorail, in a great location. 
Make the most of your few days!  A stay at the Grand Floridian will be truly memorable! </font></p>
:bride: :groom:

What about Poly Conceirge? I haven't done it but i would think it would be wonderful.

I'd say the Yacht Club...maybe even concierge? Its a great hotel and the location is wonderful...you can walk to Epcot and MGM, and theres so much going on at the Boardwalk at night too. Congratulations!

The Honeymoon Suite at Wilderness Lodge is nice - it is a dormer room, you get a whirlpool bath, and can request a MK view. We watched the MK fireworks from our balcony. As far as other resorts, check out suite disney for some suite info. I am sure there are some people on the board that can tell you which rooms have good tubs.

I am a "tub" person, so I would also recommend the 1 bedroom villas. We like OKW the best because it is quiet and the room is HUGE. Depending on the view, you can sometimes see Pleasure Island's fireworks. We have stayed at the BWV as well, and really liked it due to being able to walk to Epcot (our fav). The rooms are smaller than OKW, but so are all the other Villas.

Congratulations - I hope you have a great time!!!

Wow, thanks. So many choices..*sigh* My fiancee made a pretty good comment earlier. we won't be in the room that much so it shouldn't really matter too much. True, I guess. But this is going to be the only chance we have to stay in a deluxe resort without having to pay for anything so i want to get something really nice. At this point it may be BCV..it is his parents "home" hotel so it doesn't use as many points(DVC, is fairly confusing to me). I'm thinking we'll get a 1 bedroom villa...but you guys have started to make me rethink:eek:

I'll let you know when we decide...

Originally posted by PaintedStuff
<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#CD818E" size="3">The Grand Floridian - It's romantic, very special, and as it is on the monorail, in a great location. 
Make the most of your few days!  A stay at the Grand Floridian will be truly memorable! </font></p>
:bride: :groom:

i definatly second that... the place is so beautiful

My vote is for the Polynesian. GO to my web page to see info and at the bottom is a link to my trip report with photos of our honeymoon in 2001 at the Yacht Club and the Polynesian Concierge.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/

Aloha

Steve

I think a 1-bedroom at BCV would be perfect. You can walk or take the boat to MGM and Epcot, or take the boat over to the Boardwalk.

Whatever you decide, know this bit of advice: you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions here! I'm sure that doesn't help deciding any faster, but you really won't make a mistake. ;)

Best wishes!

Personally I would choose AKL because I think it is very romantic. I don't really think you could go wrong with any of the deluxe hotels though. Congrats on your upcoming marriage... :)

If your staying in a DVC resort then definitely stay at the BWV! It is wonderful and a great place for couples. There are 3 restaurants, the ESPN club, Jelly Rolls a night time dualing piano sing a long bar, stores and even a bakery right on the Boardwalk.

You can walk or take a boat to MGM and Epcot, plus the Yacht & Beach club, Swan and Dolphin are right across the lake with a bunch of other restaurant choices.

The Boardwalk's a beautiful resort and the 1 bedroom villas do have a whirlpool bath tub.

You can stroll along the Boardwalk at night, walk over for dinner at Epcot and watch Illuminations, it's in a great location.

If there home resort is the BCV have them reserve that at 11 months before your check out date. Then at 7 months prior to the check out date they can call and switch to the BWV if you'ds like.

Good luck and Congratulations!!

All the suggestiong are Great !!!

IMHO.........there is nothing like staying @ the Poly "Bay Lake" View!!!

:lovestruc :lovestruc

In the evening, on your veranda seeing and soaking in the distant sounds of the "MK" directly across the lake, see the beauty of Cinderella's castle in the distance...with some champagne...is just wonderful beyond words! :goodvibes

In the early morning...open the slider..see Cinderella's castle, have breakfast on the verandha.....oh my.... :hug:

We haven't touched on the "romantic grounds" yet!!

Best of Happiness to YOU in whatever you decide!!! :wave:

Grand Floridian......!!

This is where my fiance and I are staying next year on our honeymoon.....we are starting out at the GF...then traveling onto Hawaii for a week.....I cannot wait!!

happy planning,
Esmerelda:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter