Honeymoon! :-d

saddler andy

Mouseketeer
Well where do I begin.

I got engaged September see below; :dance3:

We discussed getting married around 2016 low and behold we are getting married next year :cool1:

We had always said we would go back to Disney for our honeymoon, originally we had decided to go for 7 nights then onto a caribbean island.

But now we are staying for 21 nights in Orlando, and are looking to stay in a WDW resort with the deluxe dining plan. Now I have never stayed in WDW so I am after some advice;

- We are after a place where we can relax at our leisure and sunbathe.
- Is the dluxe dining plan represent VFM?

Cheers,

Andy

First of all congratulations. IMO the deluxe dining plan is just way too much food. That's three table service meals a day. For three weeks?! You'd get sick of it I think. It's hard work for a fortnight and I'm a much bigger girl than your finance ;)

As for a romantic relaxing resort with a good pool.

If money is no object I'd say Yacht or Beach Club. The location here is also perfect for adults on the dining plan. A five minute walk to both Epcot and the Boatdwalk all of which have loads of excellent TS choices.

If you need to down scale a bit then Port Orleans Riverside is a stunning resort. Good main pool and really nice quiet pools. The boat to DTD puts you in range of lots of TS choices too. It's only free quick service dining though there.

A studio at Saratoga Springs is also in a stroll of DTD and there's a spa there.

Those would be my three suggestions.

Interestingly I spent my honeymoon with a week at Disney and a week in Jamaica!

Congratulations on your engagement :goodvibes

For me if you are upgrading to the Deluxe DP on free dining it could be worth if especially if you want to do a lot of signature dining (which I would highly recommend :) )

As for resort unlike Scoobydooby I wouldn't pick Y&B as a deluxe for honeymoon - that pool attracts families - not something I would want if I was trying to relax.

My choice would be BWI - still in the Epcot area but it has a lovely quiet pool and even the main pool is not too busy.

Other resorts would be OKW or SSR both are quiet resorts with plenty of places to relax.

Finally, I would also recommend CSR. It is a moderate but has a more adult atmosphere than any of the others. The rooms feel more upscale in their decor and they have the same toiletries as the deluxe resorts. It also has a nice bar by the lake for drinks of an evening :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter