Honeymoon Cruise - which category to book?

jenandjuice

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if I should book a veranda or not....it's our honeymoon (did I say that already :lovestruc) so I don't mind splurging a little bit.

My future husband has had a problem with being seasick in the past, but he's never been on a cruise. What would be the best category where you wouldn't feel as much "motion from the ocean".

Also, we are going during hurricane season, is a veranda a good idea if we go that route? :confused3

TIA

Veranda! Inside cabin would be out for me. If you choose the veranda then you can sit on the balcony or stay in the room. Pick a Category 5 or better and you will be fine. I get seasick when not on the cruise. I actually take meds or take seasick motion and I am fine. The day and night going and maybe the night returning can be a little rough, but not mad unless you get into some storms. He should be fine and they have medicine on ship if not.

Congrats in advance!

The lower decks and the center of the ship supposedly feel less rocking and rolling, but I've never really noticed much difference.

We love the privacy of sitting outside on the verandah. If there's a hurricane in the area the ship captain will alter course to avoid any high seas, so a verandah would be quite safe.

Congrats on your wedding!

We had room 5650 on the Dream and loved it enough to book it again!!!! It has the extended verandah, when it rained we were under the overhang nice and dry. Its a 4E now but its extra deep since its on deck 5 and extra wide because its the 1st room. I would have loved to measure it for real, its over 16 of my feet wide.

We loved our verandah. IF you are on a longer cruise you will have plenty of time to enjoy it. We would order coffee/tea every morning and enjoyed it on the verandah.

There is nothing better then returning to your room at night and going outside with a fruit platter after dinner. Sitting with your special someone and enjoying the quiet are, the warm breeze, blue water sailing by and recapping the day together!
Its just wonderful! You can also lock him out there if you have a bad day!!! Just joking!

Congrats and have a great cruise!

Book the verandah for sure!! Try to get a room mid-ship and a central deck (not too close to the bottom, but not too high up either). Your future DH should be fine. I get seasick, and other than a few moments of queasiness while at the rear of a ship (my back was also facing towards the front of the ship - not good!) I was totally fine!! Definitely splurge, and have a great time!

Definitely a verandah, and mid ship. Decks 8-10 are supposed to be the best decks I hear. We will be on 9 next Wednesday. :-)cheer2:) I'll let you know!

Congrats on the Wedding!

Congrats!
A veranda! go with a lower deck mid ship preferably to avoid motion sickness.:thumbsup2

Thank you all for your input! Veranda it is :dance3:

So excited for you! My DH and I took our honeymoon cruise on the Disney Magic 9 years ago and got hooked. (We leave for cruise #5 in 4 days :yay: and already have cruise #6 booked in May.) We have always gotten a veranda and really enjoy it. Congratulations! It will be a magical trip for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter