Honey Honey! We’re heading to the ABBA Museum! Northern Europe on the Magic June 13, 2015!

Tracerr00

DIS Veteran
Hello! My name is Tracy and I’ll be cruising with my sister Diane and my daughter Eilee. It’s our 4th Disney cruise and right now, it’s less than two weeks until we fly to Copenhagen. I’m an uber planner (so my sister says) and they tend to let me go nuts and research the snot out of everything. My sister is probably getting sick of my daily calls to run things past her so she’ll be happy when we are finally off and running!

Below is a photo of the three of us. I tried to find a “normal” one but I quickly realized that we are not normal and couldn’t find one. So here is a photo of us at a Halloween race – Diane as Maleficent, me as a bee and Eilee as Captain America (she’s informed me that she’s Captain America’s daughter who has a name but I didn’t really pay attention to what the name was).
full

We live in Wisconsin and we will be sailing on the Magic out of Copenhagen on June 13th. Here is our plan –

June 10th – I work for an airline so I was originally going to use my flight benefits to get to Copenhagen but when you pay for a cruise and you need to be there on a certain day, you have a heart attack just thinking about not making it on the flight and missing the ship. So we bought tickets and are flying Southwest from Minneapolis to La Guardia in NY (via Milwaukee). Then we’ll take a shuttle to JFK Airport and proceed to have the world’s longest layover until we leave for Copenhagen on Norwegian Air.

June 11 & 12 – We have two days in Copenhagen prior to the cruise and we’re just going to wing it (yes, I researched tons of things and we’re winging it). We are definitely going to Tivoli Gardens on Friday the 12th and we’ll hang out there as long as we feel like it. Tivoli Gardens is an amusement park and it was the Walt Disney’s inspiration for Disneyland! We also plan to take a walk down the Stroget (I actually have no idea how to say this word unless it’s exactly how it looks. This is what I found Strøget(pronunciation: [ˈsd̥ʁʌˀð]). Either way I know we’ll butcher this language once we get there) – but this is one of Europe’s longest pedestrian shopping streets.

June 13th – we are those people that like to get to the port as early as we possibly can so we board the ship to start eating right away! They have a buffet? Why yes! We’ll belly up to that! A sit down restaurant? Count us in! Burgers and fries by the pool? Heck yes! All you can eat ice cream?? Sorry kids, I was in line first!

Our stops are Talinn Estonia, St. Petersburg Russia, Helsinki Finland and Stockholm Sweden. We are doing Disney excursions in Talinn, St. Petersburg and Helsinki. We are doing Stockholm on our own because the only thing that we MUST see is the ABBA Museum and Disney doesn’t have an excursion for that. We are also doing a private boat tour and shopping in St. Petersburg with a group of people from our cruise facebook group. Our family seems to be a little nervous about this private tour but I have some Russian speaking friends lined up in case I need to call them (my phone will have service there even though it barely has service in our neighboring towns).

I’ll wrap up the introduction for now and continue soon. As my phone should have service in every port, I plan to do some live updates if I can figure out how to do them on my phone! [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Looking forward to reading about your trip. We are on the Magic cruise right after yours, so be sure to leave the ship in good condition. :-)

TODAY IS JUNE 1st - so that means we only have 17 days until the ABBA Museum! And 9 days until we leave! I can finally say that we leave “this month”.

We are currently trying to decide on our wardrobe choices. Because we live in Wisconsin (and I work in Minnesota) our weather is very unpredictable and it sounds very similar to the weather in Northern Europe. So this makes packing impossible because we might need pants, we might need capris and we might need shorts right now so I’m reluctant to pack any of it. There is a formal night and a semi-formal night on the cruise and I’m definitely not a formal kind of girl. So shhh…don’t tell anyone…but I’ll be recycling my “formal” dress from two years ago on our Disney Med cruise. That’s the plan anyway and I should probably actually try it on to make sure that it still fits!

I’m the planner but my sister is the Fish Extender expert. Have you ever done the Fish Extender gift exchange? If you join a DIS or FB group, you can get involved and get your name on the list for the exchange. Outside of every stateroom door there is a little hook that is shaped like a fish. You hang a pouch (called a Fish Extender) for each member of your party and people from the exchange will drop items into your pouches! I think we are exchanging with 20 cabins! So we have quite a few items to bring along with us to Europe. We have the genders and ages of all participants so we gear the gifts towards each participant. It’s so fun to come back to your room and see lots of fun goodies in your Fish Extender! Diane has been working hard for months to make our gifts and I can tell you that they are going to be very cute. Please see the photo below to see what I mean by a “hook that looks like a fish”.
full

I think that there will be one very interesting aspect to our cruise. My sister and I don’t really drink alcohol a whole lot. Every now and then I’ll have a glass of wine or a mixed drink but not often. I do enjoy them, it just doesn’t happen much. On Disney cruises, they have various types of alcohol tasting classes that you can sign up for such as martini tasting, Mixology (a mixed drink class), wine tasting, tequila tasting, etc. When someone from our cruise group offered to set up a Mixology class, I consulted with my sister and we thought it sounded fun. Then someone in our group set up a chocolate and liquor tasting so we thought we’d better join that too! In St. Petersburg we are taking a Russian cooking class which includes vodka tasting. And for the first time ever we are in a stateroom with a verandah and we decided that this will require us to have wine out there. This might make for an interesting cruise for us lightweights and if you don’t see a post from me at a certain port, it might not be because I didn’t have service! Haha! Below is a photo of my glasses from a previous Mixology class to give you an idea of how many drinks you get. I hope that I will be able to remember this cruise of a lifetime!
full

Thanks for following along and I’ll update again soon.

AHHHH the clothes - shorts, capris and trousers - it sounds like last weekend in the UK!

Remember you having to explain the fish extenders once before - after they've been delivered I'd love you to post what your sister has made. I am a two drink maximum kind of girl so I'd probably have an allergic reaction (aka massive hangover) from a mixology class. Save room for a Pimms in London though ;)

AHHHH the clothes - shorts, capris and trousers - it sounds like last weekend in the UK!

Remember you having to explain the fish extenders once before - after they've been delivered I'd love you to post what your sister has made. I am a two drink maximum kind of girl so I'd probably have an allergic reaction (aka massive hangover) from a mixology class. Save room for a Pimms in London though ;)
I must confess – I don’t know what a Pimms is! But it sounds like a drink to me and maybe when we get back to our hotel after a day of sightseeing in London, we can find a lounge and have a drink! I can’t wait!

Can't wait to read your trip report. I was originally booked in this cruise!!!

Have a fabulous time.

Those are awesome running costumes! We'll be on the same cruise but with little kiddos so I look forward to reading about your experience. I decided to not participate in FE exchange since we are spending a week in Iceland first and the packing is already rather complex..

Following!!!! My 16th yo daughter and I will be in the same itinerary next year.

Looking forward to following along!!!

I'm so glad you will be following! And then in no time you'll be on your cruise!

Can't wait to read your trip report. I was originally booked in this cruise!!!

Have a fabulous time.
Thank you! We've been booked on this cruise for so long that I didn't think the time would ever come. And now it's almost here!!

Those are awesome running costumes! We'll be on the same cruise but with little kiddos so I look forward to reading about your experience. I decided to not participate in FE exchange since we are spending a week in Iceland first and the packing is already rather complex..
Can you believe how quickly the time is going?? We’ll be on the cruise in no time! I’m extremely glad that my sister is the FE guru and loves to plan out and make the gifts. I’m the world’s least crafty/creative person so it’s not a great job for me! I’d love to hear how you like Iceland. It’s on my bucket list!

Following!!!! My 16th yo daughter and I will be in the same itinerary next year.
My daughter will be 16 next month and she’s beside herself with excitement right now. She loves Disney cruises and loves the clubs! I’ll make sure to get her take on the Vibe and what types of things she does and I’ll report back!

It’s JUNE 5th! 13 days until the ABBA Museum and 6 days until we leave!

We finally bought our tickets to the ABBA Museum (which my sister informed me is called ABBA, The Museum. Like Spaceballs The T-Shirt). I finally got around to notifying my credit card company that I’m going to be traveling.

I think it’s a good thing that I have two jobs right now because I’m so busy that I don’t have much time to obsess about the cruise. Actually that is good and bad because the time is flying by but bad because I haven’t had time to get organized and I’m worried that I’m going to forget something really important like my passport or something! I haven’t packed yet because I’m still wearing the clothes that I’ll be bringing along. So I’ll probably get to that on Monday because Tuesday is going to be incredibly busy with work and celebrating my niece’s birthday and dropping off our dog at the sitter’s. This is our little dog Angus by the way. He’s a real mama’s boy so I’m sad to leave him for so long.
full

Two years ago we went on a Disney Mediterranean cruise. I know I’m stupid but for some reason I had it in my head that the weather was going to be just like that. Well duh! It’s Northern Europe for goodness sake – one of our stops is Russia - so I don’t know what I was thinking. So I’ve had to completely re-plan my wardrobe as it looks like it’ll be in the 60’s at most of our ports. I think we’ll have way too many shoes with us as well. I’m a runner and I have a half marathon a few weeks after the cruise so I know I’ll need to run on deck 4 which has a running track. I plan on using the running track a whole lot more than I actually will. But at least the weather will be perfect for it! So I have to bring my running shoes but I also like to wear running shoes if I’m going to be doing a lot of walking in the different ports. I hate to wear my good training shoes to walk around in but I don’t want to take up precious room in my suitcase with a spare pair of running shoes. I know right? The problem is real!

My daughter is 15 and she’ll be 16 next month. We tell her that the cruise is her sweet 16 present but really, we’d have gone anyway! On our past two cruises, we cruised with another family and they have a daughter who is the same age. So she’s never really had to be all alone on the cruise and she’s a bit nervous about that. She’s very friendly so I know she’ll be fine but she’s just not sure. My sister and I have big plans to drink and I’d hate to have to change those! So I’ll keep you updated as to how it’s going in the Vibe and I’ll get her take on it as well as what activities that they’re doing! Here is a little more normal picture of me and my daughter when we're not being insects and superheros.
full

Oh wait, that one isn't normal either. Sorry!

I’ll try to update at least one more time before we leave and then let’s cross our fingers that I truly get service and can update from my phone once we’re on the road!

Tracerr00, We will be boarding the Magic as you are departing and we are from Mpls. I can't wait to read your report and live vicariously through you, knowing my turn is next! :-)

Tracerr00, We will be boarding the Magic as you are departing and we are from Mpls. I can't wait to read your report and live vicariously through you, knowing my turn is next! :-)

Fantastic!! And thanks for following along! Which route are you taking to Copenhagen?

TODAY IS JUNE 9th!!! 9 days until the ABBA Museum!

We leave tomorrow. Yesterday I thought I had it all under control and that I was ready. But the today I realized that I bought the wrong dog food to bring to the sitter’s and my dog is extremely picky, my daughter said that her dress for formal night still has the security tag on it and the store where I bought it is not super close but we’ll have to take a drive to get it taken off, I forgot to drop off a form to have our mail held and our small town post office doesn’t accept the online form, and did I mention that I’m moving into a new townhome about 5 days after I come back? I have to drop off all of the paperwork for the new place tonight as well. The dog goes to the sitter’s tonight but I’m extremely happy that they are coming to pick him up so that saves me a lot of time! Oh, and it’s my niece’s birthday today so we’re going to celebrate that with dinner as well. How did I get this far behind??

So it’s just a quick post today! I found someone to work for me tonight at my second job and I’m very relieved. We hit the ground running tomorrow morning – our first flight (of three) leaves at 6 am tomorrow morning! Wish us luck!

I'm laughing here a bit....because I'm trying to avoid being in the same situation next month! I'm annoyed (jokingly) that we're having houseguests here shortly because I have to clean up the spare room bed. That's where I dump stuff "to be packed". Lol! Can't wait to hear about it and see pics!

![/QUOTE]
lots and lots of luck and fun and see you soon x
Can't wait to see you!!

I'm laughing here a bit....because I'm trying to avoid being in the same situation next month! I'm annoyed (jokingly) that we're having houseguests here shortly because I have to clean up the spare room bed. That's where I dump stuff "to be packed". Lol! Can't wait to hear about it and see pics!
We're on our first flight! I'm sure you'll be more organized than I am Kim. I can't wait to see what I forgot once I get there , lol!

Safe travels! We are flying Icelandair and we booked a 10 hour layover in Reykjavik to see the city and visit the Blue Lagoon.

Have fun!
How cool! I'd love To see Iceland. My sister is flying through there on the way back but not a very long layover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter