Honesty time, how many times do you search?

We had to cancel our upcoming August trip two weeks ago and rescheduled for a December trip instead. Of course we're a month late from our 180 day mark so wasn't able to get all of the ADRs that I wanted. I've been checking 3-4 times almost every hour for something that we want to open up, but of course, no luck :sad:. I know I'm still 4 months away but I'm starting to get a little bit heartbroken and stir-crazy for checking so much.

Don't let it get you down too much. I booked at 100 days out and have gotten Tusker and Crystal pre-RD, chef Mickey at 8, and pretty much everything I initially wanted. It will all pay off!

I was going to say "more than I care to admit," but then I read some of the replies here, and wow...I'm not checking nearly enough! I would say I search a few times a week. I've all but given up on finding the things I want, with Free Dining going on.

I was going to say "more than I care to admit," but then I read some of the replies here, and wow...I'm not checking nearly enough! I would say I search a few times a week. I've all but given up on finding the things I want, with Free Dining going on.

You're embarrassed about a few times a week? :rotfl2: I normally check for 1 ADR about 10-12x per day. My current CPtime is 8:35am so I'm looking for closer to 8, currently the earliest available is 9:50.

It's 9:18am and I have already ran through my round of check 7x today. Gonna be one of "those" days. At 33 days so panic has set in, lol

I have been checking only daily for a CP pre-RD reservation in November. I see that I should step this up!

Honestly...I have a certain ADR I have become a little obsessed with getting. It has now become a challenge and I LOVE a challenge!!! I check constantly while at work (like every 10-15 minutes) then check about once an hour in the evenings!

i have three i'm looking for. how many times do i check? in an hour or a day? :crazy2: no back up plan = i'm going to obsess over it till i get it

Don't give up! I was just able to book Illuminations AND Wishes after weeks of searching :dance3:

Good luck! pixiedust:

I sooooo understand! My madness started on May 4,2014 and it finally finished today when I could get my BOG FP+ lunch. LOL! In the past 3 months I have lived on my computer or my phone, and I managed to get all my ADR's but one! Persistence pays off so keep going. BOG fell into my lap one night at about 11pm as I was getting ready to sleep. 'Ohana was my the one that eluded my the longest. Crystal Palace is the one that I won't be doing pre-rope drop. So if anyone is dining there August 20-25, please tell Pooh and Friends I said "hi!"

Keep at it and we're here to support your efforts!

I check daily when I have all the ADRs I want, just in case something a tad better pops up.

When I am in search mode, I check 8-9 times a day until I find it.

I usually go on a few times a day, more on the weekends. It did help me snag a BOG dinner. Not a great time, but hopefully if I keep trying, I'll get the one I REALLY want!

Pretty sure I've checked 50+ times today. Getting so close to the big day so I have all eyes on trying to get it done!

I keep my Ipad with 2 windows open. One of the restaurant and times I need and other with the cancelations thread for the month We will travel and I refresh the screen all day long. And still 2 days ago I expended the day out with DS and when I came back found out somebody canceled a reservation for 3 in the restaurant needed And I missed:sad:. Murphy's Law.:rotfl:

I keep my Ipad with 2 windows open. One of the restaurant and times I need and other with the cancelations thread for the month We will travel and I refresh the screen all day long. And still 2 days ago I expended the day out with DS and when I came back found out somebody canceled a reservation for 3 in the restaurant needed And I missed:sad:. Murphy's Law.:rotfl:

I recently missed a big one too. I walked away from the computer for under a minute to deal with some 3 yo toddler drama of a wrong blankie. Just long enough for it to show me it WAS right bleeding there and then it was :sad2: gone of course when I tried to grab it. :badpc:

I recently missed a big one too. I walked away from the computer for under a minute to deal with some 3 yo toddler drama of a wrong blankie. Just long enough for it to show me it WAS right bleeding there and then it was :sad2: gone of course when I tried to grab it. :badpc:

There is too many of us stalking reservations.:crazy2:

OMG the dreaded missing of a big one! Rough stuff. Missed a CRT at the exact time I needed because MDE was rejecting my credit card I've used for all my planning, was paid in full and had a $10,000 limit remaining on it

Thanks Quake. I actually tried calling and although he could do nothing for me, the CM I spoke to was one of the nicest and sympathetic I've spoken to down there. I walked away with a sour taste about MDE, but still feeling great about WDW.

Thanks Quake. I actually tried calling and although he could do nothing for me, the CM I spoke to was one of the nicest and sympathetic I've spoken to down there. I walked away with a sour taste about MDE, but still feeling great about WDW.

I would not at all mind a Agony Of Defeat thread just to vent.

Because no one else understands when you get SO close and denied :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter