Honest opinions on my Disney touring plan!

fishhunter

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have listed just two days of my upcoming touring plan for HS and MK. I really appreciate any suggestions for the Disney veterans on the forums. We are scheduling 2 1/2 days at MK so you will not see any tomorrowland stuff listed on this day. I usually split it. The MK and HS days are the only ones I'm a little concerned about. Thanks for the help!

Disney Family Vacation

Magic Kingdom – 12/16/11

Arrival: 7:15 am
Order of Rides

Fantasyland
1. Dumbo
2. Peter Pan
3. Winnie the Pooh
4. Snow White
5. Mad Tea Party
6. It’s a Small World

* Take Railroad to Frontierland

Frontierland (shortcut is dockside walkway by Rivers of America)
* Get FP for Splash Mountain
7. Big Thunder Mountain
8. Splash Mountain (if FP time is available, if not move to Pirates)
Adventureland
9. Pirates of the Caribbean (Pirates Tutorial: 10:15, 11:20, 12:25, 2:15, 3:20, 4:25)
10. Tom Sawyer Island (if time is available prior to lunch)

Lunch: 10:45 am, Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bills – (Get FP for Mickey’s PhilharMagic while heading for lunch)

11. Mickey’s PhilharMagic (unless FP is later, if so, Haunted Mansion.) - Fantasyland
12. Haunted Mansion – Liberty Square
13. Island Jungle Cruise (get FP if line is long)
14. Swiss Family Treehouse

• Take Railroad in Frontierland to entrance.

Mickey Christmas Show: Sunday – Thursday at 10:35, 11:40, 1:15, 2:15, 4:15, 5:15
Saturday – 5:35, 7:00, 8:00

Hollywood Studios – 12/16/11

Dinner: 50’s Prime Time Café (reservation time 4:10 pm)
• Check on FP for Toy Story as soon as I enter park.

After dinner line up for Fantasmic Show – Show time: 6:30 pm, Arrival time: 5:30 pm.

Disney Family Vacation

Hollywood Studios – 12/17/11

Arrival: 7:15 am

Order of Rides

• As soon as we enter park Storrie takes the kids to sign up for Jedi training. (Hollywood and Vine, look for sign)

1. Toy Story (I’ll get FP while family gets in standby line. Or consider standby line at another ride.)
2. Tower of Terror
3. Rock n’ Roller Coaster
4. Star Tours

Show Times

Beauty and the Beast: 10:15, 11:30, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00, 5:45 (sit on right)
Indiana Jones: 11:30, 12:45, 2:00, 4:15, 5:30, 6:45
Jedi Training Academy: Early registration if you wish to participate.
Lights, Motor, Action: 11:00, 1:20, 4:10 (FP available)
The Little Mermaid: Continuous shows
The American Idol Experience: 1:00, 2:00, 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, 7:30

Lunch: Starring Rolls, 11:00 am

Pixar Pals Parade – 3:00 pm (view parade in front of Drew Carey)

Hoop De Doo Reservations: 8:30 pm

We don't do touring plans so I don't feel qualified to coment on your overall plan. Also, we haven't been in mid-December so I'm not sure how realistic the timetable is. However, 2 things jumped out at me:

Mickey's Philharmagic is behind the castle near the carousel, so getting FP while on your way to lunch at Pecos Bill's or even Columbia Harbor House isn't practical unless you send a runner there whilke the rest of your party stands in line for lunch.

Again, we haven't been there in mid-December, but FP for TSM are frequently gone before lunchtime, so if you're getting to HS in the afternoon, plan to wait in the standby line.

Have a good time! Wish I could be there too!

Thanks, will be sending a runner for the FP and the TSM FP on the first day is just in case not really expecting it.

Hi ...the plan looks good and I agree with the other post that getting fastpasses for TSM is probably not going to happen.

The other thing is I never had to use fastpass for Philharmagic. I would save it for jungle cruise or something else.

Agree w/ PP - you will not need a Philharmagic FP. I don't think they even give those out anymore.

This seems to be a lot of running around to get on the railroad... if you want to ride it, just do a loop from Main Street before you leave.

this... "6. It’s a Small World
* Take Railroad to Frontierland "

is weird. You can no longer board the train in the back of the park - it's closed for construction. So you're planning to walk back under the castle all the way back to the main entrance in order to ride the train to Frontierland? IASW is right next to Liberty Square where you can get on the short path to Splash Mountain.

Also this... "14. Swiss Family Treehouse
• Take Railroad in Frontierland to entrance. "

Swiss Family Treehouse is almost back to the Hub. By the time you walk all the way back to Frontierland to get on the train, you could have just walked to the park entrance down Main Street, and seen the Castle show on the way.

I guess what I'm saying is that you're doing a LOT of criss-crossing the park that seems unnecessary & takes up valuable time and energy.

In that same vein, I wouldn't mix POTC in with all the Frontierland stuff. Just do Splash & Thunder & Tom Sawyer's Island & then get lunch at Pecos Bills or CHH and THEN finish up in Fantasyland and go over to Adventureland. Otherwise it's a lot of time-consuming back & forth. Especially if you're planning to have lunch as early as 10:45!

In Adventureland, get Jungle Cruise FPs first, then you can do POTC, see a Pirate Tutorial, Aladdin's carpet ride & Swiss Family Treehouse while you wait for your Jungle Cruise ride time. Then on the way out of the park you can walk through the Hub & see the Castle show.

Unless the day you're visiting breaks records for low attendance, there will be no TSMM FPs available when you get to DHS in the late afternoon.

The difficulty with planning a DHS day is the scheduling of the shows. Your beginning of the day looks good - hit all the headliners immediately. After that, just plan out the shows you choose to see. It might be difficult to see them all.

For MK I would do the rides in this order:

Dumbo
Pooh
Snow White
Philharmagic (might as well do it now so you don't have to comeback to Fantasyland)
Peter Pan
Small World
(I would do Mad Tea Party with your Tomorrowland day, it's closer)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter