• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honest opinions on crowds and weather at Easter please

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
Hi
We have been to Florida 5 times now and have always avoided any main holidays!! This year however we are having to think about Easter as we cant take the children out of school anymore :furious: So whats peoples honest opinions of easter what should we be expecting?

Thanks all
Louise x

We went Easter 2 years ago. It fell during our spring break.
Weather was absolutely perfect!!!
MK opened every morning at 7am so we had no crowd problem there as we were there at opening & had done everything we wanted by 11am when the masses started entering the park. We would be leaving the parking lot & there would be soooooo many cars waiting just to park. :scared1:
We spent Easter Sunday @ Epcot. Did the egg hunt there at the America pavillion. Kids had a great time. Then went to MK that night at 11pm(EMH til 3am) and most guests were leaving and by 1--2am park was almost empty.
We had a great time & would not hesitate to go back during that time. Just hit the parks early then leave for a while then go back late.

We did Easter 2000, soooo not too sure if it was only crowded because of Easter or because it was school vacation week in the NE, or it was the Millenium Celebration as well . . .but it was extremely crowded!

The weather is gorgeous that time of year!

I say, go, have fun, don't expect to do it all, and you'll have an enjoyable time!

Heck, me and DH are going for NYE this year . . .soooooo don't be scared of Easter . . :rotfl:

I feel like i have to stick up for Easter a little here. Up until a few years ago, every trip I'd ever taken was during Easter time, and I find that this time of year is given an entirely bad rap. Is it going to be more crowded than, say, January? Of course. If you're smart about it, it's really not too bad. As far as weather goes, it'll be hot and you can definitely expect the requisite mid-day Florida rain, but we very rarely found the heat to be oppressive as I imagine it can certainly be in the following months. I say go, bring your Dis brain, and you'll have a wonderful time!

The weather should be very nice- the usual summer humidity won't be nearly as oppressive. It probably won't offset the oppressiveness of the crowds, though. (At least it wouldn't for us). Easter meets up with Spring break next year so the crowds will be even more time compressed.

Was just coming to post the very same thing! We like going in January but not sure it will work out next year. On the other hand we have no problem being there in time for rope drop. I just don't know....

we were there the week leading to Easter in 2011....weather was gorgeous and while crowded, we managed to do almost every thing we wanted.

honestly, it was one of the most laid back trips we did. if the park got crowded, we left and went to pool. We went early most days, spent one or two afternoons in parks and the night b/4 we left we stayed until after midnight to finish up a few things.

I would not hesitate to go back during Easter. The one thing you need to remember is that each year that week changes (mid to late March or April) and that may have an effect on spring breaks etc. Unlike xmas which never changes....

We're heading to WDW for Easter, too!

My oldest has spring break that week and we can't take her out of school anymore, so that sort of dictated when we could travel.

We are early risers (well, except for DD13, but WDW is the one thing that can make her get up early without complaining :rotfl:), so we plan to be at rope drop every morning and then hit the pool mid-day.

The most crowded time we've ever been was Thanksgiving, and that was very manageable.

My DW and I have done Epcot for two Easters.

As long as you make dining arrangements ahead of time, the park is very manageable with light crowds and wonderful weather (80 degrees and sunny!).

It is crowded, very crowded BUT there are very long hours and everything is running at full capacity. They have all the cars running on all the rides so truthfully the lines aren't any longer than other times.

If you go early or stay very late you will be ok. Eating you need to avoid peak hours because that is crowded and slow.

It did get to me by the end of the week that everywhere I looked there were always people but as far as riding and seeing shows we had no problems.

The weather was great.

I am confused :confused3
Why did you stress asking for "honest opinions"? Do you think folks give "dishonest opinions"? I believe that opinions are just that and they vary by individuals experiences, as seen by the responses so far.
I hope these replies helped you.

I love Easter in Disney World. We arrived 30 -45 minutes before rope drop and toured nonstop until noon. The Eat, see minor attraction, go back to the pool until dinner. The parks will have late hours so go back in at night? The weather is great. Park hoppers are a plus during the holidays.

We were in Epcot the Tuesday before Easter, last year. We had alot of fun, and was able to do everything we wanted in the day. The main difference we found were the fastpass times. We were able to get one for Soarin, but by the time the window was open for a 2nd, Soarin was out of FP's! This was around noon. DD headed to TT and we ended up with FP's for that. Again, during the next window, they were gone for the day. We did opt to miss the fireworks in lieu of another go at Soarin. This time, just after 9, it was walk on. It was just as fast as having a fast pass. It was an EMH night, so I think that's what saved the day. I also noticed the crowd bc/ we had to wait 15 minutes for Spaceship Earth. What?? That's usually walk on when we're there. But, that was also around 2 in the afternoon...peak time. We went into it knowing it was going to be crowded. It was still doable, though. So much so, that we're going to try it again, next spring break. We still have 1 day left over from an old hopper...and my dh wants to drink around the world. Yeah!!

Easter is the most crowded week the entire year. With it falling during Spring Break next year, crowds will be even more insane than a "usual" Easter.

Thanks all.

As a brit going to Florida we always do 2 weeks so im gettingthat the first week of our holiday will be busy busy but the second week after easter should be more manageable.
Spring break confuses us as a brit as all our school holidays are the same and spring break varies so wildly but im beggining to grasp the idea and my research is showing that every school is back for April 1st. We are in wdw until the 9th so im hopeful that we see a drop in the crowds that you have all reported.

The first few days we will be doing early mornings as the jet lag kicks in and wakes up at a stupid time.
Many thanks again for all teh replies I really appreciate it.
Louise x

SaraJayne said:
Easter is the most crowded week the entire year. With it falling during Spring Break next year, crowds will be even more insane than a "usual" Easter.

No, it's second to Christmas/New Year's. But still very crowded definitely. We've been the last 2 Easters though and it's still fine if that's when you need to go. We've done Christmas as well and that was one of my favorite trips. Lowered expectations is key for that time of year.

Typically NY has spring break spread out in April depending on the county you live in. This year the state is doing ELA testing the third week of April (4/16-18) and Math testing the 4th week (4/24-26). This has resulted in upstate NY having spring break 3/29-4/7. Districts don't want to take a break the second week because it is right before the exams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter