Honest opinions-Fantasmic....

My 3 year old son is scared of everything and loved it. We did the meal so our wait was short. He also took his toys in to play before on the bench. I can not wait to go again in April :-)

Maybe it is just me - I was underwhelmed with Fantasmic. Had REALLY been looking forward to doing it - but never managed to fit it in with our WDW trips and *finally* got to do it with a dining package. So, we had decent seats, but still had to get there very early - and...surprise! - meh.

I found the show long and kinda disjointed, and the bleacher crowds VERY close - there are frequent "keep moving together, people, smoosh towards the center of the arena, leave no empty spaces.." announcements and it is packed. The effects are cool, but giving up such a big chunk of time...

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Gotta agree with this one. We were there in September - slow time of year - and there was two showings of F! every night we were there, and the theater filled up a half hour before the show with standing room only. The people on the bleachers were packed in like sardines. In addition to the wait in line to get in, there's the wait in the bleachers for the show to start, and the wait to get out of that place. We stayed in standing room and made a quick exit. Had we left any later, the line for the bus would have been nuts too. To me, that craziness was not worth a 20 minute show that was cute at best.

From the mouth of my 6 year old, after Fantasmic, "I can't believe you wasted Disney time to watch that long show." Obviously, he was not impressed.

My husband I were also meh about it. Possibly because I had such high expectations for it.... it just wasn't all that to me. Give me "Wishes" over it any day. We also weren't big fans of Illuminations either...

So... here's my 2 cents- watch it on youtube. If you think you should wait to see it, don't have second thoughts. If it looks like a must do, go into it thinking it's really just okay and not fabulous and maybe you'll have better expectations.

~I think you should see it. It took us three years to finally see F!, the first two attempts F! was cancelled due to "technical difficulties" after hours of waiting and waiting. My family does not like F! and have no desire to ever see it again.

~Personally, I think they may be jaded by all of the previous attempts - the heat - the heavy crowds - the seating and the waiting. It was just a lot of hassle "for us" and not worth it. With that said, I think the "show" is nice. :goodvibes

I think the dinner packages are a lot to pay for little kids that are probably going to just want to nibble at junk food like mac and cheese...not worth the cost.

So if a dinner package is out...you are looking at a very long wait in a very uncomfortable corral for a long period of time. There is nothing to do while you are waiting; it is cramped. It's not like waiting for Wishes or Spectromagic or the Main Street Electrical Parade; where the CMs try to entertain kids and there at least things to look at. Then once you get in, you are jammed into bleachers and your seats could be horrible.

I don't find the show very entertaining....at least I don't find it entertaining enough to deal with the pre-show hassles.

If the kids were older; then sure, do it and see if they like it. But for kids this young...it'll be super late at night; they will probably be exhausted. I just can't see a guarantee at them liking it unless you are really close; which you won't be unless you wait forever in line before the show...in which case they will be so wound up and tired from waiting they probably won't even enjoy the show by the time it starts. I say skip it.

My family is all about the RIDES at Disney, so I'm no help here because I would skip it.

I camped out at DL last summer for a spot for Fantasmic (which is in the park) and everybody was like "why are we wasting all this time to sit and watch a SHOW?!"

With kids that little I don't think it hurts to wait until next time.

I have to agree with posters who asked about how they are with waiting and loud noises because each child is different.

That being said I can say we took our youngest when she was 6 months but decided to skip it this year at 18 months because of the wait. However when my son was 2 1/2 he saw Fantasmic. We returned from that trip and every and I mean EVERY SINGLE NIGHT at dinner he would look at each of us and say, "Mommy, Daddy, Aeriell......Mickey Mouse on the Rock!......Mickey Mouse and FIREWORKS!!!!!" He remembered and talked about it like that all of the time. It was what inspired my husband to return only 5 months later.

We took my DS when he was two and it was a highlight of our trip. We are planning on going again in November with our now 6 and almost three year old. It is one of the few things my older DS remembers about that first trip to Disney.

We did the dining package with it last time and will again this time to cut down on having to be there so early. We also plan a laid back morning that day, see the parade and head to dinner then the show.

My DDs were 4 and 3.5 their first times seeing Fantasmic and both loved it!! My youngest STILL talks about it and says it is her favorite thing at Disney, even almost a year later. :-)

So what time do you think we should head over to the F! show that starts at 6:30pm on a Wednesday night in January? We have early dinner reservations at 50s Prime Time Cafe at 4:30. This should give us enough time, right??

We loved it! Unfortunately, my DD (almost 4 at the time) fell asleep while waiting for it to start. She slept through the entire show :(. We haven't been able to make another show on our other visits, so I'm really hoping to make it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter