• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honest dining reviews

MAMA GRAVE

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm a first timer at booking restaurants for my trip and would like to know what you think of my choices. I will be going with my wife and three daughters 8,8 and 5. We will be staying seven nights in May.

We are all on the DDP.

I want to thank this board for giving me some great reviews on restaurants.

Feel free to let me know what you think of my choices and any recommendations for the other two nights.

These are all dinner reservations:

1-Cape May
2- Crystal Palace
3- 'Ohana
4- Tony's Town Square
5- 1900 Park Fare

Keep in mind my three daughters:)

Thanks for your help.

With 3 girls, I think you should absolutely consider doing Akershus in EPCOT. :)

Yeah, I'd suggest that too. The food is godawful but the kids can meet a zillion princesses there.

Crystal Palace is decent enough and I've always enjoyed Ohana... I can't speak to the others on your list, I've never eaten at them.

1-Cape May
2- Crystal Palace
3- 'Ohana
4- Tony's Town Square
5- 1900 Park Fare

Thanks for your help.

Cape May Cafe...dh and I really like it here, but dinner may be a little boring with the kids. My kids think so. I've never been to the breakfast, but heard the characters make it a hidden gem. Food is good, not 5-star or anything. :)

Crystal Palace...my kids love the Pooh characters and the parade, but haven't enjoyed the buffet here in the many times we have gone.

O'hana...My kids *love* it here. The food is good and family style. We love that they don't offer the typical DW kid foods unless you specifically request it. It's big fun with the characters and parades, etc.

Tony's Town Square...never been here before, but dh and I are going in February.

1900 Park Fare...our favorite buffet. The Cinderella dinner is a must with 3 girls.

Cape May Cafe...dh and I really like it here, but dinner may be a little boring with the kids. My kids think so. I've never been to the breakfast, but heard the characters make it a hidden gem. Food is good, not 5-star or anything. :)

Crystal Palace...my kids love the Pooh characters and the parade, but haven't enjoyed the buffet here in the many times we have gone.

O'hana...My kids *love* it here. The food is good and family style. We love that they don't offer the typical DW kid foods unless you specifically request it. It's big fun with the characters and parades, etc.

Tony's Town Square...never been here before, but dh and I are going in February.

1900 Park Fare...our favorite buffet. The Cinderella dinner is a must with 3 girls.

Thanks for your opinion. I was more worried about the kids at 'Ohana than Cape May. I love seafood and have heard great reviews about the Cape May. Dad needs a break from the character dining too.:woohoo::woohoo:

Hi, I'm a first timer at booking restaurants for my trip and would like to know what you think of my choices. I will be going with my wife and three daughters 8,8 and 5. We will be staying seven nights in May.

We are all on the DDP.

I want to thank this board for giving me some great reviews on restaurants.

Feel free to let me know what you think of my choices and any recommendations for the other two nights.

These are all dinner reservations:

1-Cape May
2- Crystal Palace
3- 'Ohana
4- Tony's Town Square
5- 1900 Park Fare

Thanks for your help.

My only skip is Tony's town square. Well let me rectify that. It is a gorgeous restaurant and the atmosphere is great. The food is mediocre at best not nasty just bland. We have gone for lunch. like I said, we had fun but its pretty much ragu sauce IMO. My kids had the spaghetti and meatballs and said it was ok and my sons would eat pasta and sauce every day if we let them. We had the calamari app which was chewy. Like I said, it was edible but no great flavor.

We actually like the food at Crystal Palace. There is a good variety there. I disagree about the food at Akershus. We really enjoyed it. I had absolutely delicious mushroom ravioli and my husband had venison sausage which he really enjoyed. It is a Norweigen restaurant so the buffet part is very, well, Norweigen-lots of fish. I happened to like this. My kids had a nice grilled chicken sandwhich with corn which my picky daughter declared the best meal of her trip.

Can't speak about the other places.
Jessica

Hello and welcome to the Dis....

We love Crystal Palace and we are trying some of your other choices on our next trip....
I too think you should try BREAKFAST at Akershus....The food is fantastic for breakfast and yes MY HUSBAND enjoyed the princesses too as did the rest of the family....
Hope you have a great time

here is a list of some of the restaurants and menus too..

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

I think you'll love this one. Very laid-back with really nice character interaction. Food was good, the staff was friendly and nice, and the characters were awesome. Good choice!

Crystal Palace
Tigger and Pooh are a hoot! We really enjoyed Crystal Palace, even though I'm not a huge Pooh and Friends fan. We're doing it again this trip because we all enjoyed it so much last time.

I think your family will enjoy 'Ohana for dinner; I've never been for breakfast. For dinner, there's a lot of variety and the atmosphere is really wonderful. Consider getting the first dinner seating for the least possible wait-time.

Tony's Town Square

1900 Park Fare
This is on our list for breakfast and dinner next time. It looks like a lot of fun!

With 3 girls, I think you should absolutely consider doing Akershus in EPCOT. :)

Go for the breakfast. It's "normal" breakfast food and when we were there we met Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Ariel (wedding dress) and Mary Poppins! Breakfast was really good. Part buffet (fruit & breads) and part family style (eggs, bacon, sausage & potatoes).

Your plans feature a lot of buffet dinners, if you like buffets this may be fine for your family. We don't care for buffets, we will do them for breakfast to meet a few characters but that is our limit. We have found the food for breakfast to be fine at Crystal Palace, Cape May, Tusker House and 1900.

If it were my family we would choose a couple of Epcot restaurants, Via Napoli, Le Cellier or over at the Boardwalk area Kouzzina and Flying Fish. Also DTD is great for a change of pace, we enjoy Wolgang Puck Express for CS and Fultons.

Have a great trip.

I agree. These were our experiences as well.

We (adults and children) did not like Akershus for dinner. The food was just not our cup of tea. The character interaction was really good though.

Crystal Palace is the only thing I've tried on your list, but..

We go for the experience with the characters, not so much for the food. It's certainly not the worst food I've ever had, but it's definately not among my favourites.. it's just okay. However, interacting with the characters and taking pictures has always been a wonderful time and is one thing you will always remember.

1900 PF is going to be a ton of fun for your girls. The food's pretty good for buffet, but the charactors make the dinner. My dds (4) and (6) are still laughing about the sisters getting put in the corner by the stepmother.

Second what everyone's saying about Akersus. We did breakfast and it was decent. They bring out a big tray of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and I think potatoes, in addition to the buffet. The princesses there were just as much fun as CRT.

Our best breakfast was at Tusker House. Plus if your reservation is anytime before the park opens, they let you in at 8. We went in the middle of the summer and were late booking. We had an 8:45 at TH and an 8:30 at Akersus. In both instances we ended up there early (at 8) and were let right in. Both times we ended up finishing our meal as the park opened. At Tusker House that put us first in line for the safari right next door - and it was amazing to be first!:thumbsup2

O'Hana is delicious. There's a lot of backlash, but we had a great time... make sure you're SUPER hungry though.

My favorite character meal hands down was at Cinderella's Royal Table.

It was special to eat in the castle. The kids had pictures taken with Cinderella and the fairies and mice were there too.

We did the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique beforehand and the whole experience (boutique and castle) was all stellar for us. Such wonderful memories. The steak dinner we had at the castle wasn't bad either. :) It's something I would recommend to do at least once.

We also like Chef Mickey's. Great character interaction. Decent buffet (but from what I understand, it can be hit or miss).

If you want bad food and a lot of noise try the character buffets. If you want decent food look somewhere else.

1-Cape May - Never been
2- Crystal Palace - I would go here for breakfast if you can! The food and character interaction was great and the atmosphere and view are really nice.
3- 'Ohana - We LOVE Ohana and wish we went for breakfast as well as dinner last trip.
4- Tony's Town Square - Never been
5- 1900 Park Fare- One of our favorites. The dinner was wonderful and the Cinderella characters were great!

We went to CRT dinner (our favorite "experience" for dinner). The castle was beautiful, we saw alot of the princesses and the food was very good.
We did the Akershus breakfast and hated it. It was awful awful awful! Compared to CRT and 1900 Park Fare it's not even on the same level. We found it to be a waste of a dining credit! The characters rushed through, it was cramped and and the food was just terrible. We left there hungry and went to an early lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter