Honda Payment Mess

Alexle2007

DIS Veteran
Ugh! Thanks to Honda, I now have a mess with my checking/savings account. DH and I both have Honda payments and Honda decided to pull 2 payments this month (4/5 and 4/6). Luckily, we have overdraft protection and plenty of funds in savings to cover their error. But we only keep enough in our checking account to cover scheduled payments or checks written plus a $200 buffer. Of course, the payments were more than that buffer. Thank goodness I was checking the account for another reason and noticed so I can transfer additional funds to cover a couple of checks and scheduled electric bill payment while this gets sorted out. Now to wait for Honda regional office to open at 9 am.

Ugh! Thanks to Honda, I now have a mess with my checking/savings account. DH and I both have Honda payments and Honda decided to pull 2 payments this month (4/5 and 4/6). Luckily, we have overdraft protection and plenty of funds in savings to cover their error. But we only keep enough in our checking account to cover scheduled payments or checks written plus a $200 buffer. Of course, the payments were more than that buffer. Thank goodness I was checking the account for another reason and noticed so I can transfer additional funds to cover a couple of checks and scheduled electric bill payment while this gets sorted out. Now to wait for Honda regional office to open at 9 am.

Ugh!! And that's why I'll never have auto payment withdrawals by anyone. They take it and then it takes forever to get it back!

That happend to us with our mortgage payment a few years ago. Thankfully we had enough to cover it. When I called it was going to take them something like 15 days to process the payment back so instead they fix it so it would appear as credit as next months payment. That was the last time I had recurring payments out of our checking account. The only recurring payments I have now come out of our credit card and the rest I just go online and pay them.

We had auto payments for several things and they all woudln't post on the right date so they were forever having to give refunds of overdrafts

I stoped it after the 4th time it happened and just mailed a check in (we were on active duty and the payments were for some other things from before the miltiary)

I've had that with a previous company that was bought out by Santander. They were both of the devil IMO. It took me over a year to finally get my money credited right. They had credited my money to someone else's account even.

We also had Honda take 2 payments overnight. We don't have auto-pay, but make one-time payments online & it still affected us. In our case, we're in deep doo-doo. We are always on a tight budget, and last week we wiped out our small savings account because we needed tires & brakes on Monday, and then had to make an emergency trip from NC to NY on Tuesday, with my mom passing away at 3 am on Thursday.

DH & I are livid. We had all of our bills calculated out, and just about $700 left until we get paid next Friday. Only one payment hasn't posted, which is our rent. Our landlord was nice, said he understands & we can give him a new check next week,but we will still have to pay the late fee, along with his returned check fee, so about $85 is what this mess is costing us.

I really hope that Honda steps up & does the right thing. Pulling an extra $400 from someone unexpectedly is wrong on so many levels. I know they'll say you should have a larger buffer, but life happens & clearly I just got hit with my bad luck streak of 3 things for this go-round.

Oh man that sucks. I hope Honda gets it together soon for you. And now I'm fearing about my own Honda payment due mid-month. I never do auto-deductions because I like to know that the money is there and then pay it but it sounds like one-time payments have been wonky too. Sheesh.

We also had Honda take 2 payments overnight. We don't have auto-pay, but make one-time payments online & it still affected us. In our case, we're in deep doo-doo. We are always on a tight budget, and last week we wiped out our small savings account because we needed tires & brakes on Monday, and then had to make an emergency trip from NC to NY on Tuesday, with my mom passing away at 3 am on Thursday.

DH & I are livid. We had all of our bills calculated out, and just about $700 left until we get paid next Friday. Only one payment hasn't posted, which is our rent. Our landlord was nice, said he understands & we can give him a new check next week,but we will still have to pay the late fee, along with his returned check fee, so about $85 is what this mess is costing us.

I really hope that Honda steps up & does the right thing. Pulling an extra $400 from someone unexpectedly is wrong on so many levels. I know they'll say you should have a larger buffer, but life happens & clearly I just got hit with my bad luck streak of 3 things for this go-round.
They can say whatever they want, it doesn't make it your fault. It is their fault. I would tell them you want to be compensated for their mistake.

They can say whatever they want, it doesn't make it your fault. It is their fault. I would tell them you want to be compensated for their mistake.

My thoughts exactly, and I plan to pursue it as far as I can. But I fear that they'll just try to sweep it under the rug. Hopefully because of social media blowing up so much about it, they won't try to do that. There are sooooo many angry posts on FB and Twitter.

After being on hold for 40 minutes this morning, I spoke to a very nice gentleman who said that Honda was aware of the issue and that the technicians are working to resolve. He said that any overdraft fees or other penalties, Honda would be issuing a credit to your Honda account. He said he specifically would call me back when he had further details on when the funds would be re-deposited into our account. And he actually called back. It seems the earliest is Friday and the latest is next Tuesday. Again, we are lucky to have overdraft protection and funds to cover until this fiasco is resolved but I certainly feel sorry for those who are not in the same position.

I had the same thing happen to me today and I also set it up as a one time payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter