Honda CRV

It really depends on condition, and what an inspection with a top notch mechanic turns up.

My family/vacation/weekend car is 25 years old, although it only has 141,000 miles on it.

And DW and I work for companies that routinely run company cars 400-500,000 miles (Explorers, Escapes and E350 Vans for the most part).

For me, I would never consider a car with that many miles.

Your mileage may vary (ha ha punny). :upsidedow

Too many miles and we've owned several Honda's. I have a '07 Honda Pilot right now (only 52K on it). 250,000 miles is about the most miles even a well maintained car will last. The engine just has only such much life in it no matter how much care you take. We run cars to about 135K at most before we buy new ones and we take meticulous care of our cars.

90,000 miles? That's not even broken in yet. A German or Japanese car of 100,000 miles I consider the mechanical equivalent to a brand new American car (even better still at only 100k miles.)

I wouldn't touch a German car with 100,000 miles with your 10' pole, much less mine :lmao: But yeah, as previously mentioned Saab is (or rather was) Swedish, not German :)

A lot depends on maintenance, how it's driven, and honestly just plain luck. I've seen cars that just were nothing by junk by 100,000 miles and the exact same model of car with 2-3 times that many miles having had almost no repairs at all and no reason to believe it wouldn't go that far again. It "just depends".

Would you buy a 1998 with over 230,000 miles on it? There are maintanence records showing excellent maintanence on this vehicle, always done at the dealership. DH says "If the price is right" and I say "No way!"
Is a vehicle really worth it with that many miles, even if the maintanence is excellent? I have never owned a Honda, so not sure if they can run forever.

Well, not from a dealer, a family known person we bought a 1999 CRV 160,000 miles for $2,700.00. But now it is cutting out. Just stopping for no reason. I was about to google any known electrical problems when I saw your post. If you buy something this old you will have to invest in timing if it has not been done, maybe tie rod, bearing, struts, or muffler. Our 1999 Camry just cost for parts $1,000 for the entire exhaust system, not labor.

I love having it, but could be a ,only pit at his age and miles. Hope it is nearly free.
Di

Too many miles and we've owned several Honda's. I have a '07 Honda Pilot right now (only 52K on it). 250,000 miles is about the most miles even a well maintained car will last. The engine just has only such much life in it no matter how much care you take. We run cars to about 135K at most before we buy new ones and we take meticulous care of our cars.

Pick up a copy of Hemmings Classic Car. They usually feature one car a month that someone has driven 400,000 or 500,000 miles without touching the engine or transmission. Of course, those are all American brand cars, not Hondas and all are at least 25 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter