*** Homeschool List ***

I think they are nationwide. They may be set up as correspondence schools though, not true virtual schools. I know some child actors use them, Elijah Wood and Lindsey Lohan both attended the same one. I can not think of the name though.

Maybe something happened with the vcs in Ga to hold up the process. I know that at the beginning of June, CA was trying to recruit there, at least amongst the family and friends of current students.

The more I look into the virtual school option in GA, the more I believe that Connections Academy misread the legislation that sat up virtual classes for GA high school students. The classes are given by the GA dept of Ed and are meant to suplement the students normal high school courses. I knew it seemed strage that Connections was the only place with info saying that GA was starting a virtual school program.

Just adding my name to the list. I am homeschooling DD5, DS9, and DS11. We plan on taking full advantage of our free schedual for a trip in early Dec..

Hi all -
I'm another WTMer - have twins in K.
Does anyone use Nebel's Elementary Education?
http://www.pressforlearning.com/
I'm mostly using the science portion - $30 for the whole K-5 curriculum!
It's great for classical learning (as well as unschooling) because you can pick and choose your topics as they relate to the child's interest and/or history topics. Also, the author has a Yahoo group and is extremely accessible!

I saw that post on homeschool days - is there a site where I can go to get more info?

Thanks
Vanessa

We use Sonlight with some WTM and Charlotte Mason ideas added. I guess you can call us eclectic!

My oldest son also participates with the local high school in the honors band program.

Has anyone tried the new phonics program from Peace Hill Press(authors/publishers of The Story of the World series, The Well Trained Mind and First Language Lessons)? I love their other materials and have a son starting K this year so I am scoping out phonics stuff again and wanted to know if anyone had ever used this or even heard anything about it before. Thanks!! :)

www.peacehillpress.com

I'm being lazy here....don't have time to read all 73 pages right now, but I will definitely get to it. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has used Alpha Omega Lifepacs and what they thought of them. My Dtwins will be in 3rd grade. Thank you!

2cutekids said:
I'm being lazy here....don't have time to read all 73 pages right now, but I will definitely get to it. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has used Alpha Omega Lifepacs and what they thought of them. My Dtwins will be in 3rd grade. Thank you!

I have used a few lifepacs in the past but don't feel qualified to answer your question having such little experience with them. How about checking out the reviews on homeschoolreviews.com? I have found that site very helpful when making curriculum choices.

My DD used Math and Language Arts, fifth grade level. I really liked them. Each LifePac contains 2 tests. I used one as a study/practice assignment in order to get ready for the "real test". Check on Ebay or vegsource.com. You might buy a few to try before you commit to a full year's curriculum.

Does anyone know where I can find a cassette recorder?

We have several "boom boxes" and they record from a CD, but I'm looking for something my DS can record his voice with. Something small and simple is great. You know, like the "old" type. Oh, cheap is good, too.

I live about 1/2 hour from Walmart/Target so I looked on-line, but didn't see anything. I would normally be ok with ebay, but the shipping is higher than the item. I'm hoping to find something in a store cheaper.

Anyway, I thought that maybe someone hear can say where they found theirs. Thanks.

I was just at our local Walmart tonight and they had an "old fashioned" style tape recorder.They also had the small, "dictation" type(like the Drs use on tv :happytv: ). They were with all the other boom boxes but kind of hidden.
Good Luck!!
Kimba

nuzmom said:
Does anyone know where I can find a cassette recorder?

If you don't find one that suits you, you might always try recording to CD, using your computer (assuming you have a CD-RW drive). Just add a mike to your computer.

kimbac3 & Mommy2Lots - thanks so much. I'll look at Walmart the next time I'm there.

4kidsandadog - I've wanted to do this many times - record onto a CD. I wanted to do books on cd for my DS5. I have a mic and a CD-RW drive. My computer is pretty good and less than 1 year old. However, I never quite figured out how to do this. Do you have to save the recording on the hard drive and then write it to the disk?

If you are able to step me through doing this, that would be awesome. I'm computer capable, but not an expert. If the directions are lengthy, please PM me!!! Thanks.

I am excited. I found this great store called Play Matters. We have passed it soooo many times but never gone in. I was looking for an easel. They have the neatest stuff. They have a lot of cool science kits for when DD is older. I signed her up for a craft next week with play foam. It is like floam. I can see myself spending too much money here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter