Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's taken me the better part of a week, but I just finished reading this entire thread. My first Disney Cruise is not until next March but I'm already excited to start making some gifts. Thank you very much to everyone for sharing and providing so much inspiration!

I made these tote bags for our FE last summer.

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

I wish I had one of these.....:sad1: They are soooooo cute!!!!!!

Those of you who have made the glass tile jewellery ... do you have a good online source for supplies for the tiles and the silver clasps that attach to the back. I would be most grateful. Thanks :thumbsup2

I have the same question. Would you mind sending me the info too?

Thanks!:goodvibes

I sent PMs because I think the info isn't allowed on the forum. I think it's considered solicitation (even though it's not my website - I have no affiliation). PM coming now.

I was poking around on Amazon, looking for ideas and saw these. The description says that they are Oreo cookies:

51megassAdL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

41oIFpJ3VeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Some of you creative folks should be able to do something like this. :lovestruc

I was poking around on Amazon, looking for ideas and saw these. The description says that they are Oreo cookies:

51megassAdL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

41oIFpJ3VeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Some of you creative folks should be able to do something like this. :lovestruc

Just remember, "commercially made and sealed" applies here. No offence meant, but I wouldn't consume an item that was made in someones home that I did not know. Would hate someone going to that much trouble, only to have them tossed.

I sent PMs because I think the info isn't allowed on the forum. I think it's considered solicitation (even though it's not my website - I have no affiliation). PM coming now.

Can you send me the info as well. I asked back two pages. Thanks. I'm pretty sure links are allowed here though. People post links to Amazon and other places all the time.

We are going on our first Disney cruise in May, and I can't wait to get started on my FE gifts! I found such great ideas on this thread, I don't where to draw the line. I hope we don't have too many people in our group as that will limit us, but I really like the idea of giving different little gifts a couple days of the cruise since it will be a 7 night cruise.

If anyone has more pictures of what they received on last year's Alaska cruises, or any ideas for Alaska, I would greatly appreciate them. There is no pirate night, so anything pirate themed is out, so trying to come up with some ideas that would be appropriate for our particular cruise.

Do you share the digitized file??? :) If not, I totally understand.

I am not who you were asking, but HeatherSue's copyright terms don't allow file sharing. HOWEVER...her files are very reasonably priced and they are quite honestly the best appliqué designs that I have ever used. Super efficient digitizing in terms of color changes and such, and shey stitch out so smooth and nice. Just beautiful! Check out all of her stuff at froufroubyheathersue.com. She has a section that is all cruise stuff...COOL cruise stuff. ;). And...no...I am not related to her or anything, just a very very happy customer!

OK... if it gets deleted, so be it. I've had great luck with this site. http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunAndMoonCraftKits?ref=ss_profile

I just received my stuff from them yesterday. They were very fast. I got both styles of the glass tiles, the regular 1 inch and the puffy style 1 inch. Only downside with the puffy is the rounded corners. They both look great. Still have to put the picture on the tile to see which one I like. I also got the bails from them too.

Quick question-do you put anything on the backside of the picture to protect it-modge podge maybe??

Stunning!! I bet you had some really excited FE people!

I think a smaller FE is almost more fun. That way if you want to do more than one gift you can. I think we had 18 or so on our Alaska trip. I made mini-scrapbooks with the pages all filled and then each night delivered a journaling card for the next day and a few of the nights a little embellishment to go with it.

Our favorite gifts are hard to nail down. It was fun when we'd get an assortment of little treats on a sea day. I use the desk calendar someone made. FUN gift was a person who gave us a reusable bag from their state and some coffee and treats from Louisiana. We got a Christmas ornament with the ship's travel map (where we went) and the dates. That was WONDERFUL.

I think almost everything is fun. Who doesn't like looking in their FE bag and finding a treat?? :goodvibes

You will probably get more FE people. We didn't have any really until a few months ago, and then in the last month before we closed signups it doubled. That said, we still only have 11 families participating, but that is fine by me :)

jham - that is very similar to what I'm doing for our FE's! Bags with the same ship and family names embroidered. Or you know, maybe just bags if I run out of time. LOL

Thanks for the replies!:goodvibes

Thank you for the info re the tiles .... now I have another question? What exactly is Modge Podge ... I see it emntioned a lot on this thread but have never heard of it in the UK. Thanks.

I am not creative at all! Tell me if these sound ok. For the adults I am doing a star shaped post it pad with a magnet for the door, a pen with a magnet for the door (so people can leave them messages) a highlighter, A small bottle of sun lotion and glow sticks. Is that to cheesy for the adults?? I have a lot for all the kids but adults are hard. Its our first cruise and I have never done anything like this.

Thanks for your honest opinions

I am not creative at all! Tell me if these sound ok. For the adults I am doing a star shaped post it pad with a magnet for the door, a pen with a magnet for the door (so people can leave them messages) a highlighter, A small bottle of sun lotion and glow sticks. Is that to cheesy for the adults?? I have a lot for all the kids but adults are hard. Its our first cruise and I have never done anything like this.

Thanks for your honest opinions

No way is that too cheesy! It's all stuff we would definitely use! I agree, adults are kind of hard...but for me, the group that stumps me is the older kids - teenagers. Little ones are easy - there are tons of tiny Disney toys, and Princess/Toy Story/Cars/etc. themed stuff. But once you hit a certain age, they're kind of "over" the whole character/toy thing...:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter