• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it's not done yet but my wife and I wanted to see what people think so far.

It's a tower of terror theme.

Click for bigger pic

photoshop mock up

color is a bit off in the pics, more of a teal then a blue

more to come

Thanks all

Awesome! DH & I have to come up with a custom design. We have just over 4 months to get it completed.

This is from the FAQ's...I called recently and was told there is no weight limit to the boxes and they could be bigger than 12 inches on one side. So does that mean the size of the box that you can ship things in has to be 12 x 12 x 12 ? (L x W x H) but that one of the sides can be longer than 12"? If you are sending regular parcel post make sure to give plenty of time. They say 7-14 business days but they can't guaranty that. So it's better to pay the extra and send it priority or Fed Ex or UPS. :thumbsup2

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009 Are these the latest instructions as of 2012?
• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope. When you talk about prescriptions, do you mean medical prescriptions??
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday). I assume that this process will be available for the Disney Fantasy when it sails later this year
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).
• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

We are looking at participating in our first FE exchange this fall! :thumbsup2 To make things more interesting, we are doing B2B cruises so the aforementioned looks like a great idea to ship our gifts ahead of us ... however I just had some questions (in red above). I assume that the aforementioned does not apply to any package sent from Canada as it would have to go through customs? Has anyone from Canada gone through this process?

Thanks

Yes, the shirts say "Family Vacation", but the fonts was terrible to work with! My SIL and I promised that we would never use that one again! By the time we finished making our FOURTEENTH shirt
and yes, at the bottom, it says, Mexican Riviera October 2011
I used iron-on vinyl, and cut them out on my vinyl machine. I have a machine from UScutter, but you could use a cricut or a silloutette.
some of the vinyl started to peel, but I re-ironed it when I got home, and washed them all and they seem to be doing fine!
Bought the t-shirts at Hobby Lobby when they were half price, and they were about $2 each!!! About $2 worth of vinyl, so $4 per shirt!!! :)

Mindy

The t-shirts are absolutely amazing! :thumbsup2 I would love to design something like that to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. I started looking at the die-cutting machines such as Cricut, Black Cat, Boss Kut etc ... however I have no clue as to what to look for ... from what I can understand, you can pre-purchase designs etc but one of the main purposes is that it allows you to cut out "letters" etc to add to your design ...
  • so is it possible to "print out" your cruise itinerary so that you can apply it to the back of a t-shirt (like those concert shirts you can buy when you go to a concert)?
  • are Disney cruise logos "iron-on transfers" that you can print out on your printer ?

im so tempted to post my gifts ut alot of peeps on the faceboook group are on here doing this made me realize how much i miss making fun stuff im so excited yet stressed cant wait to see and post all the awesome gifts :lmao::cool1::lovestruc

Very Nice.. I wish I was that creative to think of something fancy. My cruise is not until October so I guess I have time. Great Job

Very Nice.. I wish I was that creative to think of something fancy. My cruise is not until October so I guess I have time. Great Job

My next cruise isn't until May 2013 and I've already got stuff planned :) We've never booked this far out and I am going bonkers! I thought of some ideas that I could work on here and there when I got a moment.

I'm also gonna revamp our fish extender.

Dying to post pictures of our FE gifts but don't want to ruin the surprise for fellow cruisers. We set sail in 3 weeks! I have had so much fun making them!

Will post pics when we get home. Pinterest was a huge inspiration!

What did you put in as your search??? I tried looking on there and had no luck. We cruise May 9th on the Magic. Its our 1st DC. We are SUPER excited!

I have seen the Disney Cruise logo on so many FE gifts but have no idea where to find it to use on one of mine. Is there something on the Dis board on how to get it that I have missed? We sail in 13 weeks - the Hawaii cruise on the Wonder :banana::cheer2:

I have seen the Disney Cruise logo on so many FE gifts but have no idea where to find it to use on one of mine. Is there something on the Dis board on how to get it that I have missed? We sail in 13 weeks - the Hawaii cruise on the Wonder :banana::cheer2:

If you just google dcl logo then click images in the results you will find one to use. Once you find it you just right click and select save picture. Then it will be stored on your computer for you to use.

Someone on the facebook page for our cruise posted one for me...the exact size I need. :)

Hey everyone I'm surprising my grand-kids with a cruise in May and we are going to hunt for some treasures. I sure hope this is still an open thread so I can share with you guys and gals!

Hey everyone I'm surprising my grand-kids with a cruise in May and we are going to hunt for some treasures. I sure hope this is still an open thread so I can share with you guys and gals!

Make sure you join the meet up thread for your particular cruise and then see if someone has set up a FE group there-I'm sure someone has :) And have fun!

Which cruise are you taking your grandkids on?

We just got back from the Dream which set sail on 1/22/12. Here are the things I made and put together for our Fish Extender:

2012-01-09002.jpg

Backpacks/Nylon Bags

2012-01-09005.jpg

Backpack Clips

2012-01-09019.jpg

Example of what the boys were given.

2012-01-09018.jpg

Example of what the girls were given.

What did you put in as your search??? I tried looking on there and had no luck. We cruise May 9th on the Magic. Its our 1st DC. We are SUPER excited!

For me, it was tough at first. I searched for Disney and FE gifts but didn't get far. I also searched for cricut disney and got a few hits. What I started doing was looking for Disney, and looking at people's boards and just kind of searching person by person. Sometimes I just searched the web and then pinned stuff. Good Luck!
If you would like to see my search results I am Kelli Starick or k.starick on pinterest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter