Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I surprised my brother and nephews with this game so here's what they gave (made by me):

Plastic storage envelopes with Cricut cut letters from Contact paper.

I love this idea! I don't have the Cricut but I have an idea for the lettering. Can you tell me where you got your clear envelopes?

Thanks!

PS...If you're on my cruise, pretend you didn't see this :rolleyes1

Got my FE gifts started thanks to the 2 almost 17 year olds that are going. The family gift is an idea I found on here but I wont tell yet cause I cant leak my secret. Funny thing is we cruise Dec 15, 2012!!!:banana::banana:

Got my FE gifts started thanks to the 2 almost 17 year olds that are going. The family gift is an idea I found on here but I wont tell yet cause I cant leak my secret. Funny thing is we cruise Dec 15, 2012!!!:banana::banana:

Now THAT is planning ahead! :lmao::rotfl:

mine have been done for a while but now comes the fun part of packing them :)

Try packing for 97 cabins:scared1: And I was stupid to do one gift for the parents and one gift for each child. Took more than carry-on to get them packed!

Good luck getting everything packed! Our last cruise taught me a bunch about packing!!!

Try packing for 97 cabins:scared1: And I was stupid to do one gift for the parents and one gift for each child. Took more than carry-on to get them packed!

Good luck getting everything packed! Our last cruise taught me a bunch about packing!!!

holy crap:scared1: That's ALOT I don't think I would join in the group, I think that would be to overwhelming.Plus it would probably take forever to deliver them all.

Here are my FEs that I did for our Alaska cruise...

I made a pack of homemade postcards for each port (2 each)

JuneauPostcard1-Revisedmini-1.jpg

JuneauPostcard2-revised2.jpg

KetchikanPostcard2-revised2.jpg

KetchikanPostcard3-revisedmini-1.jpg

SkagwayPostcard2-REvised2.jpg

SkagwayPostcard3-revisedmini-1.jpg

and wrapped them all up with ribbon, etc.

DSC01908.jpg

and included an "Alaska-themed" pen

DSC01901.jpg

I also made a little wristlet for cruisers' KTTW card and lipstick with our cruise graphic and included a pin with the state flower (forget me not)

DSC01898.jpg

It was GREAT fun!!!

WOW - my concern with starting too early is knowing how many gifts I need. I don't want to make 30 and only need 10, but I don't want to make 10 and find out there is going to be 30 cabins participating. But more power to your energy!

I don't thiink I would participate with that many either. Couldn't you guys split them up into smaller groups. It will take you all day to deliver that many!!! I think groups of less than 25 would be much more managable for everyone. You are most certainly dedicated!

I made a pack of homemade postcards for each port (2 each)

JuneauPostcard1-Revisedmini-1.jpg

JuneauPostcard2-revised2.jpg

KetchikanPostcard2-revised2.jpg

KetchikanPostcard3-revisedmini-1.jpg

SkagwayPostcard2-REvised2.jpg

SkagwayPostcard3-revisedmini-1.jpg

and wrapped them all up with ribbon, etc.

DSC01908.jpg

and included an "Alaska-themed" pen

DSC01901.jpg

I also made a little wristlet for cruisers' KTTW card and lipstick with our cruise graphic and included a pin with the state flower (forget me not)

DSC01898.jpg

It was GREAT fun!!!

Amazing that was a lot of work, but wish I had been on your cruise. Mine is in 3 weeks. We have 19 cabins participating made up of 64 people. I am almost done. I have made some, had some made and bought some. This is my first cruise/Disney cruise but somehow ended up organizing our FE and have loved every minute. Can't wait to meet everyone in person. Will post pictures of my gifts on my return.

Wow, 97 cabins!!! That is crazy. I am lucky cause I only have 11 cabins in my group.

holy crap:scared1: That's ALOT I don't think I would join in the group, I think that would be to overwhelming.Plus it would probably take forever to deliver them all.

I don't thiink I would participate with that many either. Couldn't you guys split them up into smaller groups. It will take you all day to deliver that many!!! I think groups of less than 25 would be much more managable for everyone. You are most certainly dedicated!

I would have been all for splitting up but most people favored not splitting up so we went with the majority. At that point, I was already committed so I didn't want to back out. I will admit, we got some AWESOME gifts but next time I see that we have that large of a roll call, I will find out before committing how we plan on splitting things up.

WOW - my concern with starting too early is knowing how many gifts I need. I don't want to make 30 and only need 10, but I don't want to make 10 and find out there is going to be 30 cabins participating. But more power to your energy!

Our cruise thread has a website set up by one of the cruisers and a cruiser list is already started with the information about who wants to participate or not. This means I have an idea of who is participating and their sexes and ages whick makes getting started work well. I am doing a family gift that is homemade and survival kit for every family that will contain a pack of tissues, some hand sanitizer wipes, probably some sunscreen and really good lotion samples to use at night after a day of being in a pool. (I am an independent beauty consultant so I will order samples next summer and with every order I do over the next year. I will also put a few bandaids and other supplies that might be needed. All of this will go into a zip lock bag so it can be thrown in a day bag. I have several teen girls on the cruise so far so I am still thinking for them.
I have started collecting things for children when I find them on sale like silly banz. Everything collecting like that could be used in goody bags or as Egg hunt prizes at church. We also have two teachers that work with special programs such as reading and speech in primary grades and preschool that love donations for incentives, so if we dont use what we have collected so far they have a home to go to.

I hope that at about a year out someone speaks up and says they will organize the FE. If they dont, guess who might so it isnt left until last.

DSC01898.jpg

It was GREAT fun!!!

Very cool! :thumbsup2 Can I ask, did you buy the wristlet somewhere and apply the graphic, or did you make them from scratch by yourself? If you purchased them, could you tell me where? Thanks!

how did u do the post cards I love them! how did u print them, and where do u find post card paper that is mailable??

how did u do the post cards I love them! how did u print them, and where do u find post card paper that is mailable??

I don't know how those were done but I make postcard thank yous all the time for the girls bdays. We take a pic of our DD with guests or opening their gift, make a photo, draw a dividing line--one side for the thank you and one side for the address and stamp. My DH works for the USPS and there is no problem sending them like this...or I have bought the sticky backing that will be harder like cardstock with the lines already on them. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter