Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you putting something in the treasure chests? Boy, they sure came out cute! :)
Thanks! Yep! I plan on putting pirate stuff in it and some candy too. I might personalize them somehow. I just have to make sure I get up at the crack of dawn to deliver them so they are not stolen. I want to buy some of those chocolate gold coins. They should be coming out soon because of Halloween. I did find some Jack Sparrow confetti too at OTC but I might keep that for myself lol

Too funny... this is very similar to one of the projects I am currently working on for our cruise on Oct. 29th. I love how yours came out. I hadn't thought of applying jewels to the outside of the box. Hope you don't mind if I use some of your ideas.... :)

Thanks again for posting yours....

I can't wait to see how yours turn out:thumbsup2

I just changed our cruise from Nov. 3 to Oct. 20. Our previous FE group was filled with girls DDs age so I had tons of ideas for the kids. Now the majority of the kids are boys and girls that are 11-15 also a 21 year old male. Any ideas?

This is my Fish Extender that I made... Please remember I am by far not a 'crafty' person at all, and I do not sew! So this is the extent of my talents :)

I also have my FE Gifts done for our cruise on the Disney Dream Sept 11th, but I will wait until I return to post pics of those :)

This is my Fish Extender that I made... Please remember I am by far not a 'crafty' person at all, and I do not sew! So this is the extent of my talents :)

I also have my FE Gifts done for our cruise on the Disney Dream Sept 11th, but I will wait until I return to post pics of those :)

I think it looks great! Good for you. We just decorate a single larger version bag and it looks like a trick-or-treat bag.

Very cute! Great job!

I think this is very creative! It looks great IMO.

I <3 how you have the bags designed and arranged, very cute idea!

How big our the bags? I am thinking of doing something similar. I was planning on buying one from ebay but I am thinking $35 can be spent somewhere else instead of something we will use once.

Thanks everyone. They were fun to make...

How big our the bags? I am thinking of doing something similar. I was planning on buying one from ebay but I am thinking $35 can be spent somewhere else instead of something we will use once.

The bags are small about 5 inch by 5 inch. I got them from Hobby Lobby in a pack of 4 for about $5.99.

Hi Neighbor to my right. (I'm in Missouri). This is awesome! I have been trying to think of something for the FE that my little ones could help with. they could definitely do this! I was planning on sewing ours but I want the kids to be involved.

I shipped FE gifts to the ship in May and it worked PERFECTLY!!! It was SO worth not having to schlep them all over airports and to the cruise terminal.

Sorry, I am sure this has been asked and answered and asked answered... But how do I ship to the ship??? I asked Disney about shipping to home from the ship and they basically laughed at me. They said you are required to take your own belongings personally through customs. Which I know is not the case because they take luggage on behalf of the traveler from the ship to the resort or airport. But anyhoooo. Would like to ship directly as well.

I've been enjoying reading this thread, and now that my cruise is over I can finally share the "crafty" portion of my FE exchange...

299750_2326623965802_1255744425_32848133_797313_n.jpg

I painted wooden frames and then applied stickers to them; because I get bored rather easily (and because I didn't know what would work), I decided to make each a "one of a kind" unique creation. I'd never done anything like this before, although I used some similar design techniques to what I used working on my first scrapbook which documented my 2009 Disney trip.

I also designed an insert to put in it, and used that as a basis for printing out magnets as another part of my FE gift. Additionally, I gave out gift bags of misc goodies- 1 per child, or 1 per cabin if there were no children in the cabin.

I've been enjoying reading this thread, and now that my cruise is over I can finally share the "crafty" portion of my FE exchange...

I painted wooden frames and then applied stickers to them; because I get bored rather easily (and because I didn't know what would work), I decided to make each a "one of a kind" unique creation. I'd never done anything like this before, although I used some similar design techniques to what I used working on my first scrapbook which documented my 2009 Disney trip.

I also designed an insert to put in it, and used that as a basis for printing out magnets as another part of my FE gift. Additionally, I gave out gift bags of misc goodies- 1 per child, or 1 per cabin if there were no children in the cabin.

Thank you so much for this frame!! We have already put one of our favorite pictures in it!! I just loved it. :love:

Love them! I have been working on frames that are very similar. I wanted to put Disney Dream on the top but couldn't think of how to get the word DREAM on there.

I love that you have each one a little different. I have only painted mine and am unsure how I want to finish them off.

Sorry, I am sure this has been asked and answered and asked answered... But how do I ship to the ship??? I asked Disney about shipping to home from the ship and they basically laughed at me. They said you are required to take your own belongings personally through customs. Which I know is not the case because they take luggage on behalf of the traveler from the ship to the resort or airport. But anyhoooo. Would like to ship directly as well.

There is a thread that tells exactly how to ship to the ship. It gives the address as well as the weight and size limits. It is wonderful because when we got to our cabins there were the packages. You are limited to one package per cabin, but I had 2 pkgs so one went to DS cabin. It worked great. My items were even breakable, but only a couple of little shells broke!

Here is the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2697061

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter