Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is white fabric, but I trimmed in really closely and made sure I got the edge with the Stitch Witch that we used to glue it down. So, in effect I gave the picture a small white edge.

100_1578.jpg

You could have also hand appliqued it on. That's what I did with the logo I put on the top of our FE (posted a picture a while ago).

Your FE is very cute.

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point but this thread is soooo long. I'm really struggling with FE gifts for teens and young adults. Its the 12 to 21 y/o that have me baffled without spending a ton. Any advice for any age 12 or older is appreciated!!

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point but this thread is soooo long. I'm really struggling with FE gifts for teens and young adults. Its the 12 to 21 y/o that have me baffled without spending a ton. Any advice for any age 12 or older is appreciated!!

I don't know if it is of any help but my local target store for the last month or so in their $1 bins has had Phineas and Ferb Sudoko Books aimed at 8 years up. They are easy, but not too easy and would easily cover that age group that you are asking about.

My son is 13 and likes the duck tape wallets so we are making those for teenage guys because we want to do handmade items. We are going to try using clear duck tape as an outer ayer so we can personaize them. We are also doing small bags of Mexican candy for kids and teens since we are on a MR cruise and are from New Mexico.

It is white fabric, but I trimmed in really closely and made sure I got the edge with the Stitch Witch that we used to glue it down. So, in effect I gave the picture a small white edge.

100_1578.jpg

That looks really good, it looks very professional. The whole thing looks amazing. Mine will def look homemade ;).

I especially like how the ear-hat light-bursts (or whatever they're called, they look kind of like a small fireworks burst) matches the fabric above and below the pocket!

And I'm absolutely loving that background fabric too! The red with the darker red mickey-head shapes? Where on earth did you find your fabrics?

Playing cards, key chain, bag tag, magnets for the older ones, yo yo for the youngers, hackie sacs, gum, candy, pens, pencils, puzzle books, lip gloss (for girls obviously!), lip balm, lotion for girls, nail polish for girls (not sure of how well that will travel), fun nail file for girls, small beach balls, other misc. pool type toys... obviously that won't fit everyone but there are some ideas.

Playing cards, key chain, bag tag, magnets for the older ones, yo yo for the youngers, hackie sacs, gum, candy, pens, pencils, puzzle books, lip gloss (for girls obviously!), lip balm, lotion for girls, nail polish for girls (not sure of how well that will travel), fun nail file for girls, small beach balls, other misc. pool type toys... obviously that won't fit everyone but there are some ideas.

those are great ideas :thumbsup2

I know this isn't a cricut board, but one more note. Hallmarkscrapbook.com had a special today. Purchase a George cartridge for $39.00 (around $20 for shipping) and get a FREE refurbished cricut machine. I have an Expression and I just love it!

Hi guys! I need your help please. I know i saw somewhere in this thread a really great black and white picture of Mickey mouse standing on the ship deck. Except that Mickey is in color and the background of the ship deck is in black and white. Anyone know what I'm talking about??

I have that picture. I modified and used it for my FE in FEB on the Wonder. If you PM me your email, I will send it to you as an attachment along with photos of my FE.

What do you get/make for kids that are 3? What do you get/make for toddler/infants?

I am giving sandbuckets and possibly sunhats for the toddlers and bibs for the babies. Really neighter are going to be too interested in the FE exchange.

What do you get/make for kids that are 3? What do you get/make for toddler/infants?

My three year old daughter loves things like Crayons, Hair Bows, Stuffed animals, and books. Most of that type of stuff can be found cheap at the dollar store. Hope that helps.

I LOVE my Cricut! We made these for Halloween (our trip was 10/30-11/6),

DSC_4401.jpg

DSC_4398.jpg

DSC_4395.jpg

These for Pirate Night ;),

DSC_4002.jpg

DSC_3992.jpg

DSC_3961.jpg

Each had the year on the sleeve,
DSC_3969.jpg

and a Hidden Mickey,
DSC_3972.jpg

And this one just for fun.

DSC_4183.jpg

Mickey saw this on Castaway Cay and made the peace sign. This was my Christmas card last year.

ChristmasCard2010_2-001.jpg

I LOVE my Cricut! We made these for Halloween (our trip was 10/30-11/6),

DSC_4401.jpg

DSC_4398.jpg

DSC_4395.jpg

These for Pirate Night ;),

DSC_4002.jpg

DSC_3992.jpg

DSC_3961.jpg

Each had the year on the sleeve,
DSC_3969.jpg

and a Hidden Mickey,
DSC_3972.jpg

And this one just for fun.

DSC_4183.jpg

Mickey saw this on Castaway Cay and made the peace sign. This was my Christmas card last year.

ChristmasCard2010_2-001.jpg

These are amazing!!!

Is that vinyl or do I need to buy a special fabric to put in the Cricut for the Halloween shirts? I just bought two different Mickey cartridges also. What was the name of the print you used?
Thanks,
Christine

Is that vinyl or do I need to buy a special fabric to put in the Cricut for the Halloween shirts? I just bought two different Mickey cartridges also. What was the name of the print you used?
Thanks,
Christine

It's iron on vinyl. I got the instructions (and a free shipping code) from this blog. I use Cricut Design Studio to hide contours, flip images and weld things (on the pirate shirts). I'm not sure which image it is, but I can check later tonight, when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter