Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I went to far with the FE gifts......if you are on the nov. 20th wonder cruise don't look.....did I go over board, and are the gifts ok? Please let me know. Sorry no pictures yet.

Mickey,Minnie bottle cap magnets
Handmade turkey pin...it is a thanksgiving cruise after all.
Tote bag for everyone.
Shore pack (anti bacterial gel,Mickey band aids,sand brush in Disney colors)
Deck of cards for each cabin
Highlighters for each person in cabin.
Pencils with disney wonder 2011 on them
Marocas key chains
beach balls for the kids
Disney Crayons and note pads for kids
Mini Disney puzzles for kids
Mini Disney frisbies for the kids

Is this ok?

HOly cow! That is insane. I have a friend going on that sailing & I'm explaining to her what this gift exchange is. They'd be stoked for all that! Nice job!

Please help with my possible FE gift -- we're not cruising until next April on the Dream, but still... I have TONS of seed beads in different colors, and jewelry wire. I can make Mickey heads out of the beads, but what to do with them? Wire them to barrettes? Any better ideas? Thanks!!

Please help with my possible FE gift -- we're not cruising until next April on the Dream, but still... I have TONS of seed beads in different colors, and jewelry wire. I can make Mickey heads out of the beads, but what to do with them? Wire them to barrettes? Any better ideas? Thanks!!

I'm doing something somewhat similar and I'm making magnets out of them. So, I don't know if that's a possibility for you, but you can buy magnet strips for not much money at all and then hot glue them to one side. Would that work?

Could you turn them into a pendant? I think I saw one picture on this thread where they made earrings.

When in April?! I'm on the Dream next April :)

It has taken me days (off and on, but more on) to finish reading this thread but so worth it. All I can say is "Oh my goodness, if I only had the creativity that some of you have." You are blessed with such talents. I have been thinking about FE exchange but debating it at the same time. I would really like to try it after reading and seeing all this wonderful stuff. This will be my second cruise but first FE. This thread has given me such inspiration that I am going to try some of it myself. It has also given me inspiration to create my own homemade gifts. I already have some ideas for things I am going to make that I haven't seen on here. My stepmother also wants to have a homemade Christmas this year and this thread has helped me with that as well. Thank you for starting this thread:)

I have a question about the FE's. My dh is not into cruising and says that this will be our last cruise until grandchildren (which I hope is not soon even though I love Disney cruises). Any ideas of what to do with the FE between sailings as it will be years?:confused3

Wow! Those are great gifts:thumbsup2. You have inspired me to up my game on our next cruise...Where did you get the mugs? I gave a similar gift on our last cruise but the lids leaked a little and I want to try a different company this time.

I purchased mugs similar to those at Michaels prior to father's day for my DD to color for her father and he has been using them since then and has had no problems with the lid leaking. You do have to remove the inserted coloring page (or picture) prior to washing as that are could leak. I washed it once with it inside and it was fine, but I still try to remove the picture as to not ruin her artwork.

Anyhow, this cup was only $1, so a great FE gift! Wish I would have thought about that sooner, but my FE gifts are completed. Maybe the next cruise!!

Here are my FE gifts....so if you are cruising with us next Tuesday to Alaska....DON'T LOOK!!!! :thumbsup2

Sorry the pictures are kinda grainy since I took them with my phone.

This is what I made for the women and teenage girls:

This is what I made for the men:

This is what I made for the kids:

And this is what I made for the teenage boys:

Wow! I am so impressed! Wonderful gifts! Where did you get the Disney charms to go on your bracelets? I looked on ebay and couldn't find the ones like you used. What key words did you use? I love the lock with Mickey head on it. Were all these charms together or did you have to buy individually in bulk? Thanks! Great job!!!

Wow! Those are great gifts:thumbsup2. You have inspired me to up my game on our next cruise...Where did you get the mugs? I gave a similar gift on our last cruise but the lids leaked a little and I want to try a different company this time.

I purchased mugs similar to those at Michaels prior to father's day for my DD to color for her father and he has been using them since then and has had no problems with the lid leaking. You do have to remove the inserted coloring page (or picture) prior to washing as that are could leak. I washed it once with it inside and it was fine, but I still try to remove the picture as to not ruin her artwork.

Anyhow, this cup was only $1, so a great FE gift! Wish I would have thought about that sooner, but my FE gifts are completed. Maybe the next cruise!!

I got them at Michaels, but they were in the frame section. They were $10 each but I bought them all with 40% off coupons to bring them down to about $6.40 each. They are nice and I am confident that people will be able to get use out of them because they are quality.

Wow! I am so impressed! Wonderful gifts! Where did you get the Disney charms to go on your bracelets? I looked on ebay and couldn't find the ones like you used. What key words did you use? I love the lock with Mickey head on it. Were all these charms together or did you have to buy individually in bulk? Thanks! Great job!!!

I got them on ebay. Try mickey lock charm, mickey key charm, anchor silver charm and mickey silver charm to find them. I just looked and those should work for you. Some people sell them together (the disney ones) and some are individual. I bought them both ways.

Everything was at Michael's. My kids enjoyed making them. In fact, we had enough materials to make them for ourselves as well. :) The clothes pin were painted already and Michael's even had clothes pins with designs on them.

I love your idea and would like to do the same thing, if you don't mind. I have one question, I can not seem to find the clothespins painted and am looking to ordering them today. I have been to several Michael stores and they dont have any. So any ideas on how I would paint them without painting the springy thing? Thanks.

mickey.jpg
[/IMG]

it's a plastic frame that stands up from Michael's and stickers also there too.

I love your idea and would like to do the same thing, if you don't mind. I have one question, I can not seem to find the clothespins painted and am looking to ordering them today. I have been to several Michael stores and they dont have any. So any ideas on how I would paint them without painting the springy thing? Thanks.

The spring slides right off and you can paint the two pieces and reassemble. While searching for some of the links posted earlier (for finding jumbo clothespins) I saw a link to a youtube video of a demonstration some crafter was doing for a similar project.

You can take the spring off and put them back when dry. That is what we did with smaller pins and had no problems. Just make sure you don't end up "pooling" paint where the spring goes, my kids did that!

The spring slides right off and you can paint the two pieces and reassemble. While searching for some of the links posted earlier (for finding jumbo clothespins) I saw a link to a youtube video of a demonstration some crafter was doing for a similar project.

Oops! Sorry, I should have looked all the way down at the posts! :)

I have a question about the FE's. My dh is not into cruising and says that this will be our last cruise until grandchildren (which I hope is not soon even though I love Disney cruises). Any ideas of what to do with the FE between sailings as it will be years?:confused3

Ours hangs on the wall next to Mom's pin collection. We tie a ribbon on the FE with the year and ship name everytime we use it, so it's fun to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter