• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect size! I am going to keep my eyes out for them for my October cruise! Do you mind if I steal your idea?

Not at all. I purchased the hardbound journals from the card section of Hobby Lobby. I covered front and back and had good intentions of doing some tabbing and personalizing the inside covers which time did not allow for.

Nah, and not everyone lets their kids eat candy, but I'll be putting candy in with my FE gifts. I figure they can just toss it if they don't want it. :thumbsup2

True, but candy is inexpensive and she is probably spending more on the ornaments.

This was our first Disney Cruise and first time doing Fish Extenders. Time was not on our side but I was able to customize little journals for ages 7+, Brushes for the adults (I have done them for honeymoons and have seen some here). The tags read "The time we've had, Oh How Grand! Let's take the memories, and leave the sand!", Lastly, not pictured here are little goodie bags that were put togethe for ages 6 -. We included gel pens with the boys journals and princess pens for the girls. Like I said, it was a first time all the way around.
JFishExt.jpg

Love it! You did a fantastic job!

True, but candy is inexpensive and she is probably spending more on the ornaments.

Ornaments can be hung anywhere. Not just on trees. We hang special ornaments from vacations on lamps or in the kitchen window. Even if you don't celebrate the holiday normally associated with "ornaments," they can still be enjoyed.

Time was not on our side but I was able to customize little journals for ages 7+, Brushes for the adults (I have done them for honeymoons and have seen some here).
JFishExt.jpg

Those are great. I'd love to see what you'd do if time WERE on your side. :laughing:

This was our first Disney Cruise and first time doing Fish Extenders. Time was not on our side but I was able to customize little journals for ages 7+, Brushes for the adults (I have done them for honeymoons and have seen some here). The tags read "The time we've had, Oh How Grand! Let's take the memories, and leave the sand!", Lastly, not pictured here are little goodie bags that were put togethe for ages 6 -. We included gel pens with the boys journals and princess pens for the girls. Like I said, it was a first time all the way around.
JFishExt.jpg

Super cute!!! Wish I were on your cruise!
-Virginia

I absolutly love this thread! You all are very very talented, I on the other hand - not so much. I was very proud of the simple FE I made for our last cruise in January, lol, and it no where even compares to the talent of so many of you on this board!

I am going to start working on some 'homemade' gift ideas for our September Dream cruise.... ideas flowing.... will post pics on what we do for the FE, but for now here is my simple FE extender.

ry%3D400

I absolutly love this thread! You all are very very talented, I on the other hand - not so much. I was very proud of the simple FE I made for our last cruise in January, lol, and it no where even compares to the talent of so many of you on this board!

I am going to start working on some 'homemade' gift ideas for our September Dream cruise.... ideas flowing.... will post pics on what we do for the FE, but for now here is my simple FE extender.

ry%3D400

Hi, I found my idea for our FE here too.:surfweb: Can't wait to see what you do:woohoo: but warn me before you post a picture because I want to be surprised!:yay: Love your FE and can't wait to put something in it!

I want to wait and post once we return from our cruise :) I am excited too! Last January was our 1st FE experience, and we were concierge level so we did not receive many 'goodies' - but thats okay, we had a blast passing out our basic ones... I am very excited to be doing something a little more personal and hand made this time!

But we are concierge again, so who knows how it will work out, but we are very excited to still be apart of this fun events!

Hi, I found my idea for our FE here too.:surfweb: Can't wait to see what you do:woohoo: but warn me before you post a picture because I want to be surprised!:yay: Love your FE and can't wait to put something in it!

Here's a picture of my homemade gift one per family (or per adult if a group was travelling together):

IMG_3923.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the luggage tags, just simple plastic ones I found for about $1, and printed the names in Disney font and had the DCL logo on the back. One per person... kids also got candy, glow bracelets and stickers I think? Adults also got some of those laundry sheets. Nothing too fancy but we booked less than a month out!

Here are the necklaces I did for our FE gifts. I did similar bottle cap necklaces for a few young ladies and key chains for the guys. No pics of those, though!

photo-1.jpg

Necklaces.jpg

DO NOT LOOK IF YOU ARE ON THE APRIL 7th Dream FE

So I wanted to make everyone charm bracelets at first.I ordered these amazing silver beads overseas and then started buying the crystals. I had to readjust because I had already spent $100.00 and only had half done.:scared1: So I went with the earrings.. I also made personalized keychains for all the younger ladies. However, I still was able to make 4 bracelets that I will let my son pick out randomly when we drop off the gifts. I FINALLY learned how to paste the photo directly... YAY
I put up better pictures so you can see the colors of the crystals..:cool1:
100_0336.jpg

100_0338.jpg

I WANT TO CRUISE WHTH YOU!! AWESOME :thumbsup2 GIFTS! Are you willing to share where you bought your supplies? Would love to do some of these.

I sent them to your inbox here..Thanks for the compliment..I thought about these long and hard and was super proud of what I came up with...:thumbsup2

Robin, those are great. Could you PM the info as well?

Here are some more photos......again 4/10 Dream people....

Don't Look!!

Sorry this is so blurry.
FE_Gifts_009.JPG

FE_Gifts_006.JPG

FE_Gifts_005.JPG

Love these!!! So many great ideas....and I see several of my cruise members lurking around! Hope we don't do duplicate gifts!!!!!:)

Where do you get the font for the DREAM?
Yes, where did you find the font?

yikes! how do i get on a cruise with you???? plz share the info for the beads with me as well, that's AMAZING! And i thought getting pens from Aulani would be cool, dang... i'm gonna have to rethink this:wizard:

yikes! how do i get on a cruise with you???? plz share the info for the beads with me as well, that's AMAZING! And i thought getting pens from Aulani would be cool, dang... i'm gonna have to rethink this:wizard:

I think anything from Hawaii especially Aulani would be very cool.

We just got back today from our Dream cruise (note: It was amazing!). I can now post photos of what we did for our exchange. We had notepads personalized with the family's last name and Mickey heads. Then I made the notepad cover to enhance to the cruise theme.

It was fun to participate, and my kids loved all the goodies that showed up through the days!

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0112.jpg

DSCN0114.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter