• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks GREAT! No one would ever know by looking at it that it was your first ever attempt!

I can't seem to find ribbon on ThingsRemembered.com Where is it located on the site??

Fluvanna

Go to ThingsRemembered.com and search for ribbon. You should get two pages returned. The ribbon is on page two. My custom ribbon has already shipped! That was fast.

I finished my FE tonight. It's not great and what I had envisioned, BUT it's done and will work. :goodvibes

Completely NO SEW.

FE.jpg

I just got done making our FE gifts for our upcoming cruise. I love how they turned out and can't wait to hand them out. If you are on the 9-26-09 Magic sailing.... don't peek!!! LOL

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

I bought a Laminating machine at Wal-Mart for under $25 and LOVE it. The bookmarks and kids game card were so easy to make. It will get lots of use in our house for the kids school things. I may even make up some things for Christmas gifts with it. ;)

About how long would you say to cut the ribbon for something like this? I am doing something similar to this, but not sure how long to cut the ribbons. Thanks!

Lisa

I am not a crafty person at all. I seriously cannot cut and paste or color in the lines and eBay’s prices for an FE are insane. Is it tacky to use a Disney tote bag? I am still considering EBay since my kids are dying to participate but I was just curious.

I am not a crafty person at all. I seriously cannot cut and paste or color in the lines and eBay’s prices for an FE are insane. Is it tacky to use a Disney tote bag? I am still considering EBay since my kids are dying to participate but I was just curious.

I say no, not tacky. I'm going to try to find a Disney Christmas stocking. (I suppose I should put that on my to-do list!)

I bought an FE for myself (only $30 on ebay) thought it was a good investment for all our Disney cruises. BUT my SIL didnt have one so I took a denim bag and ironed on a cute DIS'ers design that I used as a magnet too. It made a cute FE for them and was very cheap...like $3.

I too made keychains for part of my per cabin gift , along with door hangers(like come in/keep out--disney style), and made the girls braclets with their names and the boys neckalces with leather cording and their fav sports team!! Along with some odds and ends!

I love the homemade FE--I am not that talented...LOL Ok maybe I am and don't give myself credit..LOL

I think jsut participating allows you to use whatever you want for a FE! It's jsut awesome you want to participate! So go for it! Use anything! :thumbsup2 Spoken by someone who has yet to cruise. :rolleyes1

TraciM, this was offered to me with Disney love so I "pay it forward" and offer to make one for you! I didn't think I'd be able to make mine but I did and it was a lot of fun and I did it all in 1 day!! PM me if you're interested! I have a few things coming up soon, but I could have it for you long before your cruise!

We just got back yesterday. Here's a picture of what I made for our FE gift. My family used it as an autograph book, but it could also be used as a scrapbook.
oct09066.jpg

Unfortunately the photos have not come out well. I had lanyards made with the name of out cruise meet thread and the dates on as the main gift, but I also made those. All ladies and the girls 6 and over got a cell phone / bag charm spelling out the word Magic with Swarovsky crystals in the ship's colours as accents. For the boys, I had lampwork beads made and turned them into zipper pulls/ bag charms. The boys aged 6 to 9 got Mickeys and the older boys got skulls with Mickey ears.

CorinnaBall-LanyardProof2.jpg

SDC10278.jpg

Corinna

We just got back yesterday. Here's a picture of what I made for our FE gift. My family used it as an autograph book, but it could also be used as a scrapbook.
oct09066.jpg

Unfortunately the photos have not come out well. I had lanyards made with the name of out cruise meet thread and the dates on as the main gift, but I also made those. All ladies and the girls 6 and over got a cell phone / bag charm spelling out the word Magic with Swarovsky crystals in the ship's colours as accents. For the boys, I had lampwork beads made and turned them into zipper pulls/ bag charms. The boys aged 6 to 9 got Mickeys and the older boys got skulls with Mickey ears.

CorinnaBall-LanyardProof2.jpg

SDC10278.jpg

Corinna

OMG those are great FE Gifts! Mine seems so plain, processed and cheap now. :rotfl:

Good job,Ppony!!! I've got 3 to make for March, and I can't sew. I hope I can glue everything. Maybe I'll use paper plates! LOL:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter