Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the list of what I included in our FE bag:

2 clothes pins (for keeping the divider closed)
3 different colored mini highliters
3 freezer qt zip lock bags
3 freezer gallon zip lock bags
1 regular size post it pad
2 safety pins
2 paper clips
3 band aids
2 carabiners (for holding a H20 bottle or pal mickey in the parks)
1 zip tie to keep your Fish Extender from swimming away :eek:
1 finger nail file

Maybe someone on the EDC 1 Nov Magic cruise has a pix to share of all the FE gifts that were given out.

wuv tigger

The waterbottles were great BruceChase and I loved the post it holder too Smiley22.

For our FE gift I had candy wrappers made with the date of our cruise on them,and then we could just glue them on. It was a pain to keep the chocolate bars from melting though. I wish we would have made more of them too. We put bags together, but I think the candy wrappers were the only personalized part of our gifts.

I wish we would have gotten the CD someone made. But our cabin must have been missed or the person giving them out ran out. But someone mentioned they got a CD in their FE.

Okay...you didn't even take a picture of this masterpiece!?!?!! I know you didn't want to see another file folder or piece of ribbon after making so many, but you need a pic! With that said, I'm not going to reduce the size of these so you can save them for yourself. Besides, everyone should see the details of this "purse scrapbook"! You really outdid yourself, and I'm glad I didn't have to fall over or even kill to get one! :rotfl:

This is what Jen gave us 2 weeks ago, and indeed it is amazing! It may or may not be similar to what you saw before, but it serves the same function!

There are inserts that are pulled out by the ribbon that slide down the inside of the scrapbook. So you can put pics on the main accordian piece and journal or add more photos to the inserts! I have seen something similiar to this done at a Stampin' Up! party, but this goes above what I've seen! A LOT of labor of love went into these!

IMGP2020.jpg

IMGP2021.jpg

IMGP2022.jpg

I recognize that CTMH paper! Love it! Jen, are you a consultant? I've been one for 8 years now. It's always fun to see what other people do with our Disney stuff!

Okay...some of you were holding out until your cruise was over in November. Time to spill the beans to the rest of us! :rotfl:

These FE gifts are awesome- I hope to do this on our upcoming cruise. I love the paperbag album or frame ideas. I scrapbook- so it's not like I don't have the supplies!!:lmao:

Okay...some of you were holding out until your cruise was over in November. Time to spill the beans to the rest of us! :rotfl:

I was thinking the same thing last night when I was on the boards...I'm anxious to hear how everyone did...I think I have narrowed done what I am doing, for the adults and teens at least! Now the kids...that's a different story all together!

Wow, the talent here is amazing! I was snooping for inspiration and am so impressed. I figure I have 10 months but better get started soon if I want to produce anything nearly as crafty as you guys put out! Question, where do you get the Disney Font from? I made door magnets for my folks when they sailed last January and searched high and low for the font with no luck. Thanks, Jen

Was reading a trip report from Dis'er Podsnel and have to comment on this great idea. I love ornaments so thought this was too cute!

2008_103006summer0241.jpg

btw... You have to read her tr, too cute. Ellen hope I didnt step on your toes posting your FE gifts you made but they are adorable. might steal the idea for my cruise LOL

Was reading a trip report from Dis'er Podsnel and have to comment on this great idea. I love ornaments so thought this was too cute!

2008_103006summer0241.jpg

btw... You have to read her tr, too cute. Ellen hope I didnt step on your toes posting your FE gifts you made but they are adorable. might steal the idea for my cruise LOL

It looks lovely on our tree!

Thanks again, Ellen!

Ellen, cute idea! Do you mind sharing who your supplier was for the customized ribbon? I can think of a few applications for that!

oh she told me that too.. cuz I asked lol

Party innovations online

Do most people put in some kind of note or something with their GE gifts? So that you know who it's from? Or do you just put it in the FE's and go on your merry way? I am making a luggage tag for each cabin, but do not want to put my DIS name or anything on it, because, why would someone want that? :confused3

I will probably end up getting something else, small, as well, as now that I see the posts here my giftie seems kind of small. Wow what NICE gifts you guys came up with! :worship: Since I cruise in a month I am NOT going to drive myself insane trying the more advanced projects.

If you put your (the giver's) name on it, how exactly did you do it??? Sorry...detail person here.

Do most people put in some kind of note or something with their GE gifts? So that you know who it's from? ......now that I see the posts here my giftie seems kind of small....If you put your (the giver's) name on it, how exactly did you do it???....

First of all, NO GIFT is too small. Notta one! This is all about the spirit of anticipation, fun, and excitment...not trying to win a prize for best gift given!! I assure you that things as small as candy, safety pins, and pirate eye patches are equally appreciated! I had a little survival bag with my main gift. Someone actually told me that they had forgotten to pack ponytail holders, so the ones I put in the baggie saved the week!

Personally, I like to know who got me what. I remember coming home and asking the group "Who gave out ____? It came in SO handy!/I LOVED it!" Revealing yourself is a personal choice though, but again, I encourage it! Remember, the "from" isn't about show-and-tell, rather it's to allow us to express our appreciation! For my tag I had address labels made that said something like the following:

Have a magical time on our
Double Dip Delight Cruise
~ Sept 27 - Oct 4, 2008 ~
Buckeye Gal​

Since my DIS name is "Buckeye Gal", I had purchased labels with the OSU Block O logo on it. I had my gifts in little goodie bags, so I just put the label on the bag.

As you said, don't create a new project now that is going to stress yourself out. If you want to do tags, you could just print off a little tag on copy paper and stick it on the luggage tag with tape!

I had stickers made........I did it at Wal Mart.com......I think it was $4for about 20. It was fum creating my own personal sticker with an image that reflected the gift and then putting my Dis Name on it...I think I did 3 stickers..which seemed expensive..so, I spread it out over a couple of weeks...$4 here and there seemed better than spending about $14 at one time just on stickers..

I agree I loved knowing who gave the FE gift...my regret was not meeting the group before hand...because still I wish I had been able to put a face with the name on most of the gifts.

I made my own little tags to tuck in the bags. They had our dis name, our names AND a little picture of us on it! Nothing exciting, but it did the trick! ;)

I like the idea of a picture of you on the tag! I often "Wonder"ed if I was passing by a fellow Dis FE passenger...having a picture as a reference is a great idea...I'll have to remember that one! Thanks!

Good ideas! I like putting the DIS name , real name & the photo. Maybe Wal-Mart could print a photo of us on a sticky label??? Do you then piuck up the labels in the store or do they get mailed to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter