• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade cocktails on board?

Forgot to mention we also brought some whipped vodka. Awesome in coke floats and hot chocolate. Sounds like we stayed buzzed the entire time, lol. Except for on excursions, I guess we did. We were w/out kids and had our designated driver aka the captain! We can remember everything, never got sick, and never had trouble walking or talking so everything was all ok :-). Just a good buzz most of the time :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:woohoo:That is so awesome! We are going on the Fantasy next year for our 30th anniversary and my husband and I enjoy mixing our own, and looking forward to our verandah and drinks!

Two words ..... Bubba Keg

21F256_AS01.JPG

I will always suggest Sailor Jerry rum and coke. Tastes like spiked vanilla coke yum! I also recently found Jose Cuervo Watermelon Margherita and its tastes just like watermelon jolly ranchers! Yum! Plus it's already pre mixed so you just add ice. I plan on bringing a couple of those on our next cruise :)

What does everybody do about cups? I really don't want to walk around the boat with a red plastic cup=tacky??

I use the glasses from my room, unless I'm on the pool deck then I use the red plastic ones. I know their small, but I get exercise by going back for refills.

Mike

Just took wine. Took three requests to get wine glasss and corkscrew. Our room attendant, lydia, not as we would have wanted. She did talk to kids. Nkept asking for more shampoo and conditioner for our long haired ladies. Again slow.had to make 2 requests to get two balcony dividers removed, i gave her 20 when meeting to start off relationship. Wasted my money

What does everybody do about cups? I really don't want to walk around the boat with a red plastic cup=tacky??

We have brought some sort on cheap insulated cups in the past. Usually from a dollar store or Walmart. We have been known to leave then behind to create room in our suitcases if we need to. This time, I found some cheap cups with kids and straws at Family Dollar. They have that gel stuff that you can put in the fridge and chill it.

I like those types of cups bc they don't tend to sweat as you sip them outside. Even if you wanted to reuse those little paper cups at the fountain, you can't bc the condensation had made then goopy. So, to be sanitary, I use one of the paper cups to fill my own cup (I am a nurse in the hospital... I cannot stand when people bring their jugs out abs use them at the ice machine... Germs!). This way you don't walk around holding a cup with someone else's boogers on it all day.

At the risk of the huge backlash I'm sure will ensue, I will point out that any alcohol brought onboard by guests must be consumed in the privacy of their room. Not in public areas.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area. Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...faqs/prohibited-items/food-storage-containers

IN THE PRIVACY OF THEIR OWN ROOM! The OP didn't say mixing out in the open!

I LOVE This thread!!!

Brought a bottle of Coconut Rum aboard last time and used it with the following.

1/2 cup filled with Hi-C punch from drink station
1/4 cup filled with banana/strawberry mix ice cream.
Add Rum to taste and stir with straw until well mixed

Voila! Instant Frozen Drink!

(Sometimes I used saved Cranberry Juice from breakfast!)

That is just AWWWWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2

My drink glasses:

for my room only, of course..... :rolleyes:

When me and some friends where on the WBTA cruise we purchased several boxes of sangria in Barcelona and again in Gibraltar. So not really a cocktails but I have never had several drinks everyday for two weeks. It was such a fun cruise.

I bought a Tervis cup in the gift shop, washed it, filled it with what we call Fun with Rum, and had lots of people ask me where I got my really cool cup.

When me and some friends where on the WBTA cruise we purchased several boxes of sangria in Barcelona and again in Gibraltar. So not really a cocktails but I have never had several drinks everyday for two weeks. It was such a fun cruise.

I am a box sangria girl on the cruises too. Plus box wines... plus bottles of vodka... and now rum too because these recipes are AWWESOME! :tongue::drinking1

:hyper::blush::disrocks:

Hello everyone! After getting some great ideas on here, DH and I are now planning on bringing stuff on board with us. The question is, where to get it? We're not driving, or renting a car, so is there a store where we could get stuff within walking distance of SSR or DTD? I'm pretty sure the resort carries some stuff, I'm just worried it would be so expensive that it wouldn't be worth it.

I guess I've never really thought about it before, but if you purchase an alcoholic drink onboard you can walk around with it, can't you? I'm not complaining about the "consume your carry-on liquor in your room" rule, I'm just wondering why you can't have it out on the deck. I can see why they don't want you taking it into a bar or lounge. Just wondering. :confused3

Good question. That Disney even allows you to bring your on alcohol is a huge difference (for some people) from other cruise lines, who generally seize alcohol and return it after the voyage.

Perhaps they want to minimize their loss of sales by asking you to keep it in your cabin and purchase theirs anywhere else. Perhaps they have some safety concern about people taking glass from their rooms to deck or pool area. Both of those would make sense.

I appreciate their doing this; though we aren't drinkers, I know some who are and really like that Disney offers this option. Maybe someday it will go away if it is abused, but it's good to see on this board posters generally don't suggest getting around their rule.

I appreciate their doing this; though we aren't drinkers, I know some who are and really like that Disney offers this option. Maybe someday it will go away if it is abused, but it's good to see on this board posters generally don't suggest getting around their rule.

More than half of this thread has been about what kind of cup to take your alcohol around the ship in....that's "getting around the rule".

I guess, I'll just have to start the complaint letters flowing to DCL to get bringing your own alcohol on board banished like smoking on your verandah. Enough complaints and DCL will issue a statement that ...."due to guest feedback...."

If you purchase alcohol at a port, can you drink it in your stateroom or do they confiscate it when you return to the ship until the end of the cruise?

I bring Andre for mimosas on the verandah. We also bring coconut rum and crystal light punch to mix with oj for a great rum punch. Also a few beers, bottle of wine and premixed margaritas. But the rum punch and mimosas are my fav

DH bought beer in each port, and took right to the room. He enjoys trying local beer, didn't get confiscated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter