Homecoming proposal idea

TALB

Mouseketeer
Homecoming is early this year and my son needs help coming up with a proposal idea. He bought a blanket with our school logo on it and would like to give it to her as part of the proposal. Does anyone have any ideas of a cute saying or a way to use it? Thanks

Since you already have a blanket, how about getting a couple of cupcakes (or if there is something sweet he know she really likes, get that). Put them in a nice box and on the inside write, "Homecoming would be so sweet if you would go with me." Can do it during a picnic in a beautiful spot, like the beach, or just simply the blanket and cupcakes.

I have to go with the PP's and say, it shouldn't be a huge proposal thing. He should keep it simple and from the heart. Especially if there's a chance of him being turned down--then, the less fanfare, the better.

I also have to wonder about a HS kid asking his mom for help with this. I'm sorry, that just strikes me as odd.

This is a regional thing and in some area's of the country, I'm guessing where the OP lives, a prom or homecoming proposal is a HUGE deal. I also imagine that he already knows her answer or he wouldn't go to all the trouble.

Haha. Proposal. Sounds like he is going to get down on one knee and ask her to marry him. Didn't know it was to just ask her to homecoming. Why not just ask her to homecoming?

I know you didn't ask for opinions on the practice but I have to say I think this is why my son goes to dances with a group of friends. This would be very stressful to him.

As far as him asking his mom for help, I can remember ladies I work with helping their sons with the same thing. my son did mention someone asking a girl to prom at lunch. He got them to let him set up a table in the cafeteria and had lunch brought in.

I agree with other posters -- if he puts too much effort into the question and is shot down then he will be heart broken. Things do not need to be over the top (especially if she likes him) and if it were my boys (only 10 now so things i'm sure will change) I would think that just in one of their usual dates/hanging out he could ask. Having the blanket already i think doing a picnic or a hike and a little picnic in a nice area and using that as a starting point for asking might be sweet, but keep it simple

I also hate how over the top some school have gone with these things (thankfully DDs hasn't), but it is what it is. While we as adults might think just asking someone would be nice enough, it's hard when you are a teenager and everyone else is doing it. What have other kids at the school done? Do they do things that are really crazy over the top, or do they do smaller things like just decorating lockers, making a poster, etc.?

And, umm, maybe it's just my mind, but I'm thinking a blanket might not be the best thing to use as a prop in asking someone to a dance. My mind just goes to how some people might read into it desire for a certain after-dance activity that some kids might want to partake in. And teenagers mind's tend to go straight to this sort of thing - I can say what I think is the most innocent thing and my daughter will read something dirty into it! Not that I think your son meant it in any way like that - it's just that someone who was bent on seeing it that way could. I'm probably just overthinking it but I thought I'd put it out there for you to at least consider.

I also hate how over the top some school have gone with these things (thankfully DDs hasn't), but it is what it is. While we as adults might think just asking someone would be nice enough, it's hard when you are a teenager and everyone else is doing it. What have other kids at the school done? Do they do things that are really crazy over the top, or do they do smaller things like just decorating lockers, making a poster, etc.?

And, umm, maybe it's just my mind, but I'm thinking a blanket might not be the best thing to use as a prop in asking someone to a dance. My mind just goes to how some people might read into it desire for a certain after-dance activity that some kids might want to partake in. And teenagers mind's tend to go straight to this sort of thing - I can say what I think is the most innocent thing and my daughter will read something dirty into it! Not that I think your son meant it in any way like that - it's just that someone who was bent on seeing it that way could. I'm probably just overthinking it but I thought I'd put it out there for you to at least consider.
I'm with you on the blanket. It's probably just me but as a mom it would weird me out.

Wow, I didn't realize this post would cause so many different view points. Homecoming and Prom proposals are the norm Do I like it, no but it is what it is! My son is dating the girl so there are no concerns of her saying no. He chose a blanket with the school logo because he plays on the football team and thought she could use it to stay warm at his games. The kids usually make a posterboard with a cute saying written on it and incorporate some kind of gift(i.e. blanket) with it. I was hoping someone could come up with a clever saying to invite her to Homecoming. Any ideas would still be appreciated.

Wow, I didn't realize this post would cause so many different view points. Homecoming and Prom proposals are the norm Do I like it, no but it is what it is! My son is dating the girl so there are no concerns of her saying no. He chose a blanket with the school logo because he plays on the football team and thought she could use it to stay warm at his games. The kids usually make a posterboard with a cute saying written on it and incorporate some kind of gift(i.e. blanket) with it. I was hoping someone could come up with a clever saying to invite her to Homecoming. Any ideas would still be appreciated.
Wait.....He has to ask his girlfriend to homecoming?? It isn't a given since they are in a relationship? Is your son afraid someone else will ask her and she will not go with him? Just tell him to get a dozen roses, a nice cards and dress up nice to ask her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter