Homeaway...Only one review?

CattailGal

Mouseketeer
Found a townhouse at a great price on homeway.com but it only has one review. Three others are entered by the owner. Is here any way I can check it out further before committing?

TIA,

Kathleen

When I communicate with the owner she gives me her first name. How do people get the tax info, etc., to see if properties are up to date?

Kathleen

to see who the owner is and if the taxes are up to date you can go to the county website

chances are its osceola or orange county

Sometimes getting guests to leave reviews is very hard they just don't seem to get round to it .
With the owners name you can check that taxes are up to date ,that there are no liens against them or outstanding court cases you just need to go to the appropriate county website and it is more likely to be Osceola Polk or Lake than Orange

I have stayed lots of places on VRBO, Homeaway, trip Advisor, etc with no reviews at all. I think most guests just don't leave reviews. I always figure if I can look at the calendar and can see that its booked up quite a bit they are probably pretty legit, I don't know. Did the owner sound normal, like an owner? I don't know what I'm saying. I have always emailed or chatted on the phone with the owners and felt quite comfortable with booking. If something felt odd I would pick a different place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter